X-Men - Part 8

The HG was sooooo good this year. I was rolling my eyes when I saw the new X-men team and thought how awful it was. Like yeah that was never gonna headline a main book. ROFLTMAO when they were killed off in the very next page

Yeah that was pretty brutal
I just hope Juggs gets a spot on the team going forward, he's like a big adorable puppy

But If there's one thing I want out of Fall of X, it's an Xavier who's less shady, naive, and incompetent

And-- as this was my first comic bought in a while-- have the X-Men been talking like weird robot people through the entirety of the Krakoan Era? Or is it just bad dialogue by this particular writer?

Admittedly, HG felt much more regressive than I was expecting. Comics are doomed to forver repeat the same cycles, I guess, but feels we're right back off where we started. Maybe even a little worse. Guess we'll see where it goes. They didn't hold back anything though, which I respect.

Yeah that was pretty brutal
I just hope Juggs gets a spot on the team going forward, he's like a big adorable puppy

But If there's one thing I want out of Fall of X, it's an Xavier who's less shady, naive, and incompetent

And-- as this was my first comic bought in a while-- have the X-Men been talking like weird robot people through the entirety of the Krakoan Era? Or is it just bad dialogue by this particular writer?

Seems to be a common criticism of Duggan.

Seems to be a common criticism of Duggan.

Yeah but I dropped off at the end of Hickman's run, and they felt like weird robot people under him too

Who's the new X-Men roster?

Laura (Talon)
Synch
Cannonball
Dazzler
Jubilee
Prodigy
Frenzy
Juggernaut

and most of them are dead, for now
Was surprised there wasn't a single, classic, A-lister on the team, but it makes more sense now lol

To be fair, they have been tossing out a lot of... weird teams. Personally, I love it. Zeb Wells, who can currently jump into a deep lake, made me like heroic turn of former Marauder John Greycrow, who no longer has his old racist codename.

Finished Hellfire Gala. Well, I think I know what the Jean Grey mini. Especially with Aaron giving up his Avenger Phoenix stuff.

I dislike how required reading the FCBD issue seems to be. Glad I picked it up. But man, I think others are going to be confused.

Luckily, having read Rogue & Gambit, I am feeling a bit more positive about some of the outcomes of the issue. Still, kind of disliked just who of the new X-men team were killed. I guess we will see how the post Fall of X plays out.

Kind of curious where Maddie's Dark X-men were, as I did not see a lot of them in the Hellfire basement.

The early bits with Ms Marvel and Cyclops was nice, given how they seemed to ignore their friendship during the actual death.

Now to hope the relaunch in 5 months doesn't get hit with the price increase.

Yeah between Hellfire Gala and Cap #750, that was $18 for two [oversized] comics
That's kinda crazy

If it's more than 3.99 for normal issues I'm going back to trade waiting and reading recaps online

Also, I haven't read a lot with her yet, so can someone explain Rasputin IV? With all her powers, shouldn't she be completely unstoppable?? As it is I sometimes struggle with characters like Synch and even Rogue who can have any power, so a character who just always has a handful of the X-Men's best powers seems like she'd be tough to write for

Rasputin IV hasn't shown up too often. First, back in HOX/POX future, and then brought back in the Sins of Sinister books, which was like a 3 month AoA for Immortal, X-men Red, and Legion of X. The Sinister timeline everyone was talking about was one where Sinister was able to corrupt everyone with a bit of himself and takeover the universe. Sinister himself was becoming useless in the new world, as the Sinister Quiet Council was looking for a reason to get rid of him. So, he created Rasputin IV free from the controls other Chimeras had, for him to find his Moira clones to reset the timeline. She got sent back as a way of stopping him by Moira when she reset the Sinister timeline. Sinister trained her on lies to make her believe she is a hero, which is why she isn't what you expect a Sinister weapon to act like.

Comic books.

As for her powers, she is extremely powerful. Colossus's skin, Unus' force fields, Quire's TP, Kitty's phasing, and Laura's healing factor. She is described as a one woman X-team. Extremely powerful, yes, but still not quite unable to be beaten, imo.

The HG was so god but it has quite a bit of plotholes once you slow down and think about it. One that stands out to me is this.

Y0MfGwD.png

Illyana couldnt access her powers bc of what Orchis did to her BUT why couldnt Hope mimick them considering Orchis didnt account for her literally being right next to Magik?

Probably a few things.

1. In theory, she may not be able to copy powers that are shut down.

2. The more likely reason, the five were going on the offense. I doubt Hope's first instincts to worry about saving the guests by getting them away, rather than attacking the attackers. We did see the Five take down a Sentinel.

1. Hope's been shown to be able to use her powers on inhibited mutants. She did so when she visited the Purple Woman in prison back in Cable and X-Force

2. Go the second point, with Magik's powers, she could have teleported the sentinels and Orchis out out there. In Duggan's run, we even saw Magik use her powers to split a sentinel in half by closing a stepping disc that was one was midway in so her powers can be used offensively

Last edited:
Is Lila Cheney still around? And Manifold's been in the Rogue and Gambit issues right?

Is Lila Cheney still around? And Manifold's been in the Rogue and Gambit issues right?
I didnt read it but Destiny made sure that Manifold was taken off the table bc he would be key to saving them in the future. I think last time Lila was seen, she was a member of SWORD so most likely wasnt even at the gala

Not sure where LIla Cheney has been.

As for Manifold, yes he was in the Rogue & Gambit mini

But is in theory off the board? Desitny has him captured and with a control chip still implanted, so she obviously has a plan for him. Its kind of why I was not too worried about them being sent somewhere by Orchis, as I doubt they went to Mars as they said.

I admittedly had a rough week before I read Hellfire Gala, so that hit pretty hard. This week I'm enjoying the Fall of X a lot more. Also had fun with that one reviewer who is really angry about Astonishing Iceman. Wonder why. :D

Looks like Gillen is taking over Jean post FoX

F3RrJohWYAIl5xW

Moira MacTaggert, who has thrown in with Orchis, stabbed Jean in the heart with a dagger covered with the Otherworld poison, Blightswill, which negatively affects mutant powers, but also has a negative effect on a mutant's ability to be resurrected through the traditional Krakoan Resurrection Protocols. By the end of the issue, Jean Grey's body was a smoldering skeleton. And yet, the fact that Jean Grey has a solo series tying into Fall of X by Louise Simonson and Bernard Chang is a good sign that this death will not be a permanent one. Now, too, Marvel has released a solicitation (and a gorgeous Mark Brooks cover) for November's Immortal X-Men #17, making Jean's return clearer...but there is always a twist...

IMMORTAL X-MEN #17
Written by KIERON GILLEN
Art by LUCAS WERNECK
Cover by MARK BROOKS

X MY HEART!

Xavier swore he would stay on Krakoa and defend its memory. He's leaving. There must be a good reason to leave one doomed island for another – and the dark secrets that await beneath Muir Island. Meanwhile, something is very wrong with Jean...or is it something very right?

Finally got the post Hellfire Gala X-men issue. Kitty went through some ****. Damn. I understand going back to Shadowcat, and I like her new outfit. Interesting status quo for a bit. I am curious what the outcome is going to be after the 5 months of FoX.

Immortal could be fun if it was just Xavier vs Shaw and Selene. Laughed at Fisk taking over the Hellfire Club.

We should find out more about where Jean is going with her mini series.

And next week will be fun, getting hit with the bulk of my FoX books.

Okay, base on the Jean Grey preview, the end of Dark X-men, I am genuinely shocked how much stuff from X-men Blue is being brought in. I'm expecting Evan Sabah Nur and Ms Sinister to pop up somewhere now in Fall of X.

I don't believe Evan appeared in X-men Blue. And Miss Sinister should have been brought up. Her absence has been a glaring hole considering how much work has been done with Sinister and his clones

I don't believe Evan appeared in X-men Blue. And Miss Sinister should have been brought up. Her absence has been a glaring hole considering how much work has been done with Sinister and his clones

Maybe I am blending All New and Blue together. That was a rough time for X books.

Still, the point is they are bringing in old, unused plots back. Hell, I thought for sure Capt Krakoa was Nuke, but I've seen some valid speculation he isn't, but another piece of unwanted history that I would never expect them to bring back.

If Capt Krakoa is Hydra Cap, I am going to laugh my ass off

Still, I am having fun with Fall of X so far. Its a pity so many of them are minis.

I finally caught up to Adjectiveless from #19 to #25. And the newest one is definitely the most interesting read even though I'm not eXactly thrilled to see Shadowkat. I also don't like that Hazel is in this. Like I prefer to see Rogue or Sage or Betsy. I like how Firestar become a regular X-Men in this. She joined the X-Men in the previous decade but was never really utilized that much and she had/has more role as a X-Woman currently. Synch is also doing fine as a mainstay X-Men, they kept him as a X-Man for this new story arc.

I think I will read The Hellfire Gala neXt, to understand what happened before X-Men #25. But thats the only issue I'm reading that isn't adjectiveless. Even though the mutants are on the run again for the umpteenth time. I prefer this change over them being in Krakoa. That era wasn't really eXecuted well and everything was hard to follow. But there's still a dozen of titles around so I guess the messery lives on. I'm slowly getting familiarized with the newer characters (Rasputin, Statis, Feilong, Woofer and the one with the heart in the forehead - forgot her name).

I'm currently reading The Hellfire Met Gala 2023 and could someone tell me why Moira X MacTaggert is now a X-Men villainess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"