X-Men - Part 8

I'm currently reading The Hellfire Met Gala 2023 and could someone tell me why Moira X MacTaggert is now a X-Men villainess?

She was depowerd by Mystique after she secretly resurrected Destiny. Moira's plan on Krakoa wasn't fully benevolent, which is why she demanded no precogs. Cipher stops the murder lesbians from killing Moira, but kicks her out with an T-O arm to keep track of her. Then X Lives/Deaths of Wolverine goes into how she turned herself into a robot and joined up with Orchis.

Okay thanks. That sounds complicated for me to read what happened in the comics, and I did notice her having robotic parts when Rogue flew on her.

Immortal X-Men honestly felt like the flagship title of DoX, but even now during the Fall, it continues to feel like the most essential title. Only 3 issues left though. I hope Kieron Gillen also gets to play around with whatever the new status quo is.

I've been swamped recently, just reading the comics, and hadn't seen the recent interviews. I still thought the introduction of Tom Brevoort and the 'New X-Men' tease would mean the end of the Krakoan storyline for now. Guess not. Though they'll obviously shake things up, like they have in FoX.

Gillan apparently said that Immortal X-Men #13 was roughly at the halfway point of his run. Sabretooth War lasts until Wolverine #50. Before switching to X-Men, Brevoort wants to do a 2024 Avengers crossover first, which is currently speculated to kick off in July. I guess that lines up with everything else above. Would put the real end of Krakoan storytelling about a year from now in Sep/Oct 2024.

Got caught up on a lot of FoX stuff

Dark, Immortal, Jean Grey and X-Men were all great, enjoying the different groupings of characters (still think Rasputin is kind of a useless character but maybe she'll do something besides silly fish out of water comments soon). Shadowkat is a friggin monster (in the best way possible)

Ms. Marvel and X-Force were not bad, and I'm eager to see where they go. Iman Vellani has Kamala's voice down (not surprising) so there's a lot of charm there. And Quentin Quire and Domino are two of my low-key favorite b-list X-Men... though I'm bummed about the state of Colossus at the moment, we already lost Beast, I ain't lettin Colossus go!

Uncanny Avengers felt like a prologue, but I like the whole team so I'm hopeful the series will be good. And if Captain Krakoa is who I suspect it is, I can't wait to see Cap give him another beating.

Ice-Man bored me a bit, felt like the same story I've read about Bobby a dozen times but I'm hoping to see at least some really cool power displays

Caught up on my X books before the next batch tomorrow. Really looking forward to seeing what the plan for Apocalypse is, though fairly certain that isn't him in Immortal

And it looks like we are getting another 10 weeks of weekly books before the full relaunch.

sigh

I just want to know what the next books will be. And if the price hike will apply to them.

I feel like "End of an Era" is just Marvel Marketing's new "This event changes everything!"

Fairly certain it is essentially wrapping up the Orchis/Sinister Dominion part of the status quo. I suspect the new status quo is going to be a lot more... fractured.

Also, shocker to no one. Ewing is bringing back Magneto.

I love the Krakoan era, but Fall of the House of X and Rise of the Powers of X are two very lazy titles.

I love the Krakoan era, but Fall of the House of X and Rise of the Powers of X are two very lazy titles.
I still like Krakoa as a story, but not as a Status Quo

Not saying I want to return to the endless "mansion gets destroyed, move back to the mansion" status quo from before

But I hope after all this the X-Men go back to acting like themselves and not being isolationist idiots who forgive mass murderers just because they have the right genes

I still like Krakoa as a story, but not as a Status Quo

Not saying I want to return to the endless "mansion gets destroyed, move back to the mansion" status quo from before

But I hope after all this the X-Men go back to acting like themselves and not being isolationist idiots who forgive mass murderers just because they have the right genes
I think there are a lot of fascinating questions and ideas that the Krakoan era explored, which was a huge improvement IMO over what we got in the 10 years or so before that.

Though, it obviously wasn't perfect either. :wink:

Now, there are still a lot of cool things they could do, I'm just worried the next status quo might end up taking the franchise back to basics too much. I kinda liked how bold the Krakoan era was with its changes. The franchise is 60 years old, and we've covered a lot of ground in that time. It was time for something different.

Curious about what'll come next and whether it'll be any good. We should still have a while to figure that out though. At least per Wolverine running up to #50 and Immortal to around #25 (?) from those quotes.

Last edited:
Yeah, sadly, HOXPOX 2 means we have another 2 months before we can start seeing the new books.

Yeah, sadly, HOXPOX 2 means we have another 2 months before we can start seeing the new books.
Isn't it more than that? Wolverine hits #40 in December, but we're still 10 issues away from the end at that point. With about one of these releasing a month, unless they really speed things up, that would still cover most of next year, right?

Man, I hope Spurrier keeps writing Nightcrawler. And I hope he remains Spider-man 3 for a while. Vulture being the new creator of the Hounds is interesting, as is the use of Phalanx to try to create them.

Dark X-men is fun. Kind of sad the new Archangel isn't based on his Mutant X Fallen look.

Uncanny Avengers is an interesting dynamic. But yeah, Capt Krakoa is who I think it is. The Nuke reference is just a fake out. No way Andrea Strucker knew who Nuke was.

I did not expect Peach Momoko to do the new Ultimate X-Men.

He was never going to stay dead. Especially when they start the post Krakoa era.

They're making it seem like they may resurrect an older version of Mags though
I hope he doesn't go back to Villain, his growth over the last decade-plus has been one of my favorite things

Apocalypse, Sinister, Omega Red and the Hellfire members (Sans Emma) can go back to bad
but Magneto, Juggernaut, Mystique and Destiny should all stay on the side of the angels, even if they can do shady or borderline villainous things on occasion

Its Ewing, though. I trust him. And considering all that's gone on since he's been gone, a turn back to the villain side seems somewhat reasonable.

Its Ewing, though. I trust him. And considering all that's gone on since he's been gone, a turn back to the villain side seems somewhat reasonable.

Yeah, but I hope its just to tear Orchis down with extreme prejudice, and then he's back on board afterword

Really happy that, since Immortal X-Men got cut short slightly, that Gillen gets to wrap up his story. Alongside writing Rise of the Powers of X of course. Duggan might write the flagship, but I dare say Gillen has been more influential in the final eras of Krakoa.

XMFOREV2024001_Cover-scaled.jpg

Looks like Vellani is getting another Ms Marvel mini. And definitely staying on the X side of things for now.

Caught up on a ****ton of books.

I really, really enjoyed the Jean Grey mini, and absolutely loved the ending. Much like how I felt Phoenix Resurrection was a great way to separate Jean from the Phoenix, this felt lie a great way to reunite them. Somewhat confused how the ending fits into where Immortal is going, but we will see. Perhaps Righteous is about to get a Phoenix beat down. I do like how they keep bringing up the old way Sinister was going to take over Charles. I liked that Legacy run.

Captain Krakoa was exactly who I thought it was going to be. Should be a fun fight in the finale.

I have no idea what is going on with the art on Realms of X.

X-men Red is amazing. I look forward to see how it continues in Res of Magneto and HOXPOX 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"