X-Men - Part 8

Dammit, Rachel is in Dead X-men. I'm not eager for tie in books to run alongside HOXPOX2. I think I may have to skip out on finishing LaValle's Sabertooth stuff. Especially since I think Wolverine is going $4.99.

I want to get back into X-Men but it seems to chaotic to just jump back in

At the moment, it kind of is. The line is setting up a status quo shift. Probably not a great time to get back in till HOXPOX 2 is over, probably something in April or May when they announce the new line of books.

Between the title; logo design; getting the 90s outfits back; and the Twitter icon for Brevoort, it doesn't feel like a major leap forward yet. If they stick them in the mansion again, I'll probably drop comics for a while. Obviously too early to really judge yet.

Last edited:
I want to start the Krakoa era. I constantly hear that that was a change that worked. And people seems to be concerned about what this upcoming status quo shift means.

Sounds like the Krakoa era is worth reading.

I felt it was worth it, especially some of the very off the wall team books that came out.

I want to start the Krakoa era. I constantly hear that that was a change that worked. And people seems to be concerned about what this upcoming status quo shift means.

Sounds like the Krakoa era is worth reading.
It starts off feeling very alien and different from the usual X-Men stories which is very much intentional. It has been incredibly refreshing. Not every single story and experiment worked, but there's a good reason this era lasted five years. :wink:

Edit: Somewhat related to this, Immortal X-Men which starts at the tail end of the Krakoan era, might be my favorite comic book period. Kieron Gillen, Al Ewing, Si Spurrier, Jonathan Hickman, Zeb Wells, and Vita Ayala all have some excellent runs in the Krakoan era.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lip
Only worth reading if you don't want to get lost in the X-Men comics continuity. But the whole thing is too ambitious and rarely pays off.

Thank you, guys.

The lack of closure is definitely something that throws me off the comics. But at least with the X-Men there are sagas and arcs you can read. And I'm really curious about how this big shift works for the X-Men.

I bought a Hickman X-Men omnibus with Powers of X and House of X. Hope that's a good place to start.

Thank you, guys.

The lack of closure is definitely something that throws me off the comics. But at least with the X-Men there are sagas and arcs you can read. And I'm really curious about how this big shift works for the X-Men.

I bought a Hickman X-Men omnibus with Powers of X and House of X. Hope that's a good place to start.

I would not quite say that there is a lack of closure. There is a bit of an issue of writer's having their stories essentially somewhat interrupted, and given a "new book". That is about the only real issue I have had with the era, it didn't feel like there was a whole lot of time with individual books. Especially after the first few waves of books.

I would not quite say that there is a lack of closure. There is a bit of an issue of writer's having their stories essentially somewhat interrupted, and given a "new book". That is about the only real issue I have had with the era, it didn't feel like there was a whole lot of time with individual books. Especially after the first few waves of books.
My issue is that those stories exist since the 60s and will never end.

Absolutely! Even as we're nearing the end of the Krakoan era, HoX/PoX is still the best place to start.

Oh, and there's also the Hellfire Gala that my gay ass can't wait to read it.
The Hellfire Gala is a yearly event though the first one is a bigger crossover. It's absolutely delightful. The outfits are insane.

Spent the last 2 nights watching some very indepth recaps that went over House of X, Powers of X, Dawn of X.....

A LOT of information to take in. Seems very interesting what they've done with the X franchise.

Overall, its been fun. Even if I will miss a lot of what they were doing. But, overall, I hope the reversal of using "mutant extinction" as a plot/status quo is over for good.

You just have to respect them actually retconning Claremont's Nightcrawler origin into canon. And likely in a lot less skeezy way than Claremont would have done it.

Overall, its been fun. Even if I will miss a lot of what they were doing. But, overall, I hope the reversal of using "mutant extinction" as a plot/status quo is over for good.

You just have to respect them actually retconning Claremont's Nightcrawler origin into canon. And likely in a lot less skeezy way than Claremont would have done it.
Yes, I heard about Kurt and I loved it.

I hope Scott and Jean are in a open relationship as well. Just hate the idea of Logan being in the middle of it.

Man, talk about Duggan stumbling into some dialogue that is enhanced by current events.

I find it interesting that Gillen finally went into who Righteous does her things, just as he essentially finished her story.

I am curious if it was Xavier Rasputin was working with, or if it was actually Sinister.

I see the new X-men logo just being the animated series version, and just sigh.

I still have some 2023 unfinished readings to do, but I couldn't help and started this omnibus.

images

I'm enjoying a lot, but have so many questions.

Is there a prequel for the Krakoa era, or is this really the beginning?

I mean, sort of? There was the run of X-men leading up to the relaunch, as well as all of the Age of X-Man books. Not exactly a great run, as it is extremely bleak.

I spent the week....watching basically 13hrs of youtube reviews of the current era and I think im pretty much caught up on X-Men. All of it could make for a great tv series or movies if they've been around for the same time as the MCU.

Will be very interesting to see where this relaunch goes.

Not that I was particularly worried about PoX 2, but Gillen continues to deliver with that stellar first issue.

The continued implications of an AI that comes into power by stealing other people's work. Well... let's just say it's topical.

If he can stick the landing between PoX 2 and X-Men Forever, this will absolutely go down as my favorite Krakoan run. Plus, honestly one of my favorites period.

Edit: Added spoiler tags just in case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"