Endgame Captain America/Steve Rogers - Chris Evans

Seems the development team from square Phoenix has taken some of their inspiration for Cap's fighting style combat technics from what Chris Evans did in the MCU films.
if only they had been smart enough to steal the costume too, lol

This sculpting of Captain America is incredible and very detailed

Check it out!

ame4rica_1200x.jpg

Just seen these for sale lol

Men's America's Ass Boxer Briefs by Harebrained! | Inked Shop

I love how straight forward Evans plays this as Cheddle kinda has fun with it by addressing an issue we the fans all had.

Mind you had Cap jumped out he'd probably still get frozen due to the altitude trajectory being in the arctic circle like in the comics.
7e78e5267952509d06cd753cf7604302.jpg

At first I was mixed on Cap's ending
but as time goes on, I just really like it less and less

At least every Cap moment up until that last 2 minutes was amazing, I can mostly ignore the poor conclusion

I know its done and there's nothing we can do about it, but I honestly kinda wish he'd died at the end

At first I was mixed on Cap's ending
but as time goes on, I just really like it less and less

At least every Cap moment up until that last 2 minutes was amazing, I can mostly ignore the poor conclusion

I know its done and there's nothing we can do about it, but I honestly kinda wish he'd died at the end
Yes, they opted for a tacky romantic ending for Steve Rogers after everything he did in Marvel movies.
Tony and Nat died as heroes. Steve got a trophy wife.

Yes, they opted for a tacky romantic ending for Steve Rogers after everything he did in Marvel movies.
Tony and Nat died as heroes. Steve got a trophy wife.

I disagee, Cap arc has been one of sacrifice from since the First Avenger, he earned his time to rest and have a life. The fact he got a chances to go back and live a life with his one true love in an alternative reality. Is special. I have a feeling his Legacy will be explored in Falcon & the Winter Solider

I think it works if one just accepts it on an emotional level. This was something Steve always wanted, but life had other ideas.

Finally, because of space magic, he got to experience it. And we get to experience it with him for a brief moment.

Yeah Idk, I feel like I would just rather see him move forward with his life then magically go back

Start a life with Sharon (his true love from the comics), Help Bucky on his continuing path towards health and redemption, Maybe be a consultant for intelligence agencies like SWORD or something-- help Canada start Department H maybe-- I dunno, but there's a lot of ways he could've gone, gotten a slightly more self-loving life but still been around to help save the day when needed without completely bailing on everyone.

It comes down to Evans' desire to leave, and this got him permanently off the board, without being a third heroic sacrifice in a single movie which would've lessened the impact of the other two. It doesn't feel like it was dictated by story or who Steve really is.

Count me as someone who loves Cap’s ending. He earned his happiness and the chance to live a life.

End Game is my favorite superhero movie for a variety of reasons, and pretty high up on that last is them not going to the predictable route of Cap just sacrificing himself. Most everyone expected that going in and what we got was ultimately more satisfying.

Anyone else love the fact that they went back to the longer 40s hairstyle for Steve in this movie?
I know that technically it was necessary due to the time travel back to Avengers 1, but it will always look the best and most iconically Steve Rogers to me. I get that the spiky hair from Winter Soldier through Civil War made sense for Cap's arc of trying to adapt and fit in modern times, but it just didn't look as good on Evans.

To be honest, i really liked his TWS/CW spiky and short hair. Even in EG it looks similar (same length on the sides as TWS/CW, but longer on top and sleeked back, like in IW).

What did you think of his IW hair length and beard? Curious, as that might be the most different he's ever looked in the MCU.

I thought his ending was lazy. It came out of nowhere. He's among the other Avengers, and then suddenly for no reason he decides to bring back all 6 stones by himself for no reason other than to have an excuse to have the stupid old man Steve scene.

Avengers Endgame: Captain America's Ending Totally Ruins The Movie

Uh, it doesn't matter if Steve gave 5 of the other stones to other Avengers. He was going to go back in time to stay with Peggy regardless, and show back up as an old man. And lol the whole point of that scene was about sending him back, he didn't suddenly decide to do it for "for no reason".

He simply chose to take the stones back by himself. Probably felt burdened to it because of Tony or even Natasha dying.

I'm very excited to see the impact of Captain America Legacy will be . Despite the political implications that the accord's cause. Captain America is still a symbol of strength in the eyes of the public. Which is probably the reason the Us Government issued John the title of US Agent as the new face of America.

Uh, it doesn't matter if Steve gave 5 of the other stones to other Avengers. He was going to go back in time to stay with Peggy regardless, and show back up as an old man. And lol the whole point of that scene was about sending him back, he didn't suddenly decide to do it for "for no reason".

He simply chose to take the stones back by himself. Probably felt burdened to it because of Tony or even Natasha dying.

The point I'm making is not that Steve couldn't give the stones to other people and his choice would've been different, I'm challenging the decision to make this a choice he would want to make in the first place. If he could just return all the stones by himself, what was the need for that "Whatever it Takes" speech bull**** when they had to go get them? Why even have separate teams? Why not just 2 people? It felt like it came out of nowhere based on the Steve we have known all these years. "Probably" just isn't good enough. That's you writing the script for the filmmakers. The film never makes it clear why he chose now and not a year from now. Or in 10 years? Why abandon the rest of the Avengers to live a life with a woman he only knew for a short while? It's not like they were madly in love before he crashed in the ice? What happened to "sometimes we have to start over?" Why couldn't he achieve the same happiness with Sharon in this timeline? No let's be real here. Him going to go back to stay with Peggy was nothing more than a contrived excuse for Chris Evans departure. That's it. It was never planned that way, that's why it contradicts several other scenes in previous movies.

The article I posted makes a very valid argument as to why the Old Man scene doesn't work on any level. Him showing up as an old man not only breaks up the rules setup in the movie, but also breaks any kind of rules of storytelling. It's dumb and makes no sense.

Last edited:
I thought his ending was lazy. It came out of nowhere. He's among the other Avengers, and then suddenly for no reason he decides to bring back all 6 stones by himself for no reason other than to have an excuse to have the stupid old man Steve scene.

Avengers Endgame: Captain America's Ending Totally Ruins The Movie

Well written, and makes all the points I've been trying to make
I disagree about it ruining the movie though, still think Endgame was great, it's just got like 5% that I didn't like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"