Last Lounge in Soho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemme put a smile on everyone's faces...

giphy.gif

Oh great

a mom, a dad raccoons and 3 to 4 kids broke in the back room and ate a big bag of cat food and torn up the second bag and made a bloody mess. Took me 2+ hours to clean it up :(

a bloody mess literally, or british slang bloody mess?

i have to take my father to the VA today. been waiting months to get him in for an appt. i really think he needs his disability re-evaluated and i'm trying to figure out how to tell them he's having memory issues without blurting it straight out. i have two hours to kill before i pick him up so i'm shredding old papers and documents, washing all the bed linens and i'm about to vacuum a room or two.

whatever happened to days off?

I wish I had some magic words to give you both to make it all right...

But the best I can say is hang in there, keep punching but also maintain yourself physically and mentally as best you can.

Sometimes that means keeping the struggle to the bitter end but sometimes it means being calm, accepting and releasing anger and anxiety.

Just don't give up completely.

I really appreciate those words! :yay::up:

Oh great

a mom, a dad raccoons and 3 to 4 kids broke in the back room and ate a big bag of cat food and torn up the second bag and made a bloody mess. Took me 2+ hours to clean it up :(

ARRRGGGHHHH......Raccoons are the WORST. I had a ton of trouble with them when I lived in Santa Cruz. Once I was backpacking and woke up to the noise of one of those little @$$#0l3$ trying to unzip my backpack to get to the food. I shined the flashlight on him and he looked at me like "Who the EF are you and what do you want?" Fortunately I was outstanding with a frisbee and nailed him square in the face. That got his attention and he ran off.

ARRRGGGHHHH......Raccoons are the WORST. I had a ton of trouble with them when I lived in Santa Cruz. Once I was backpacking and woke up to the noise of one of those little @$$#0l3$ trying to unzip my backpack to get to the food. I shined the flashlight on him and he looked at me like "Who the EF are you and what do you want?" Fortunately I was outstanding with a frisbee and nailed him square in the face. That got his attention and he ran off.

the raccoons around here stole so many tarps I lost count along with bowls, towels and other items

And...

That's how Arnie got the idea for Twins with Devito.

Watching the Olympic Opening Ceremonies (rebroadcast of it) while working on my crochet...so far a calming evening (considering how the last few days have been)
A717E0DF-EFCE-4C22-BF5E-8A5BEB8DD1D2.jpeg

Well... I'm off to Eternia.

Hold my messages.

If I'm absolutely needed shine the Krypton Signal.

Change is something you're just going to have to get used to. Change of any kind (even the good kind) is stressful. Losing someone you love and caretaking can get to you. I've been away from home for the last year and a half taking care of my mother. She basically needs 24 hour care and wouldn't leave her home. I get home about 1 day a week and occasionally get some time away when my niece will stay for a few days. It's tough mentally because you see someone getting a little bit worse day after day, month after month and I can see how some people could slide into depression. I'm wired a little differently and think I'm handling it pretty well, but the daily routine can get old. I just look at it as doing the right thing and being able to spend some time with someone who isn't going to be around forever. No one else is willing to do it, so it's on me. I'm going home tonight for three days and it's like going on vacation. I'm going to sit in a pool on my little floating chaise and watch TV while drinking every alcoholic beverage I can come up with. Suggestions appreciated (he says with some apprehension while wondering what @Reek might suggest :huh: ).

Sure, son.

Untitled-2.jpg

What a lovely Friday night, wouldn't you agree @flickchick85 ?

From a legal standpoint, I can't get into details, but it will put some hair on your chest...and various other places some would consider to be.........

Unnatural.

I don't want to stereotype but can we be honest about the substance abuse issues in the deer community?

7c7sB.gif

Is Brunch "habit forming"?

Asking for a friend with antlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"