Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
woah
could also just be he's overworked

Must have really overworked himself to get from this to this in a couple of years. :funny:

DxyfvgiUcAYPPw2.jpg

i feel very much attacked tbh

I hoe for that too. I like the guy. He seems like a very good person irl and proper family man so it's actually easy root for him there.

He gets a lot of vitriol thrown at him for being pushed as the face of the company and heir to Cena but it's Vince who should be held responsible for the hate because of his bad booking decisions time and again which doesn't help Roman's cause. I hope Roman overcomes leukemia and comes back to a warm reception.

I’m hoping he can beat the illness.

most inaccurate thing in cbm's that you love?
  1. Batman kills evil life threatening henchmen.
  2. Joker killed Thomas and Martha Wayne.
  3. Judge Dredd without a helmet.
  4. The Mask is funny cartoon lover and is not a mass murdering maniac who kills random people in the street.
  5. Doctor Connors is a physicist.
  6. Harry became a Goblin before his father did.
  7. Curt Connors and the Lizard agree on their goal.
  8. Tony Stark with a hole in his chest.
  9. Bucky Barnes did not start as a child.
  10. Helmut Zemo is not the fun villain he is in the comics. Both great and disappointing.
  11. Star Lord was not an adult when he was lost in space and became a guardian.
  12. Star Lord is the son of Ego.
  13. Robin starts as an adult.
  14. Two-Face did not get scarred in the courtroom by the cheesy vile of acid origin.
  15. Ra's AlGhul uses a decoy stand in.
  16. Spider-Man flips over the glider instead of ducking.
  17. Gwen Stacy. But she kinda has Ultimate Spider-Man for inspiration on how Emma Stone was hired to portray her.
  18. Old man Obidiah Stane.
  19. Commissioner Gordon did not hunt Batman before befriending him.
  20. The Incredible Hulk is given his 1977 origin for the MCU.
  21. Nanomeds Hulk following in his dad's footsteps.
  22. Dark Phoenix Saga without the awful involvement of aliens. X-Men 3 did it better than the more popular but unfortunately overrated comics.
  23. William Stryker is not a priest.
  24. Peter Parker letting the burglar go cause he wanted revenge instead of "Sorry man, that's your job. All I care about is me".
  25. No reign of Supermen in Superman: Doomsday.
  26. Red Hood resurrected by the Lazarus Pit instead of Superboy Prime punching reality.
  27. No old man Superman in Public Enemies.

Polar

qscjM2P.jpg

Premise: Once you turn 50 in this hitman organization you automatically retire, but your own boss hires a hit squad to kill you and keep your pension. Which is a huge plothole right there, why keep working for a dude who is going to kill ya in the end?

If Uwe Boll got money to make a pron movie with a huge budget. A pron movie involving underground hitmen, but then he decided to be serious and over the top, it would be this movie. This ain't really B level bad more towards B- to a C. The A squad group could easily fit in David Ayer's Suicide Squad. lol

I felt disappointed because Mads does his best with the material, just makes you want a badass movie with him and the john wick directors, but he is wasted here. There is a John Wick joke/moment that was too on the nose, but I did laugh. Same outcome too. A few good action set pieces, but the build up isn't worth it. Vanessa Hudgens is awful. Her character is cliche and so is her story with Mads, took too damn long to get there. Katheryn Winnick has a bit more limited screen time than I had anticipated, she does good, but that ain't saying much. Corridor action sequence of this movie is the highlight. The villain is bloody awful.

Also, this one character named ''Sindy''...the actress was only chosen cause she smokin' hot. The amount of butt pans the camera does on her is insane. Whedon and Michael Bay would be happy, as I was. Yeah, this belongs on netflix. I can see the amount of sexist and complaints articles if this had a theatrical release. I can see the call sheet for this character; ''You're going to wear small outfits and we going to place the camera on your ass, and you get to do an over the top sex scene.'' Is that a 9-5? Ok, cool. Godbless this casting director tho.

I do feel like this would be a cult hit right now if it had come out in the 80s to early 90s. Probably have JCVD or Lorenzo Lamas in the lead or the guy from Highlander. Still, I don't regret watching it. If you can sit through suicide squad, you can sit through this.

6/10

Last edited:
Also, this one character named ''Sindy''...the actress was only chosen cause she smokin' hot. The amount of butt pans the camera does on her is insane. Whedon and Michael Bay would be happy, as I was. Yeah, this belongs on netflix. I can see the amount of sexist and complaints articles if this had a theatrical release. I can see the call sheet for this character; ''You're going to wear small outfits and we going to place the camera on your ass, and you get to do an over the top sex scene.'' Is that a 9-5? Ok, cool. Godbless this casting director tho.

Ruby O.Fee. She is major hnnnnnnnngggggggggg.

He was also responsible for making Jennifer Walters lose control of the She-Hulk and turning her to a rage filled monster hunted by her team the more Jennifer worried.

Movies are a different story, they should be more optimistic and established before getting into the chance to become darker

I agree. I was actually thinking of adding to my comment to address this point. It's not so much that Johns said the movies should be more optimistic, but that it made it sound like he was throwing Snyder and crew under a bus and it came across as hypocritical (as a comic reader who has read Johns' stuff). If he was more nuanced in what he said, I would have personally received it better (eg, "Movies appeal to a different audiences, so we want these movies to feel more hopeful"). Instead, it just sound like he was forwarding the company line.

I agree. I was actually thinking of adding to my comment to address this point. It's not so much that Johns said the movies should be more optimistic, but that it made it sound like he was throwing Snyder and crew under a bus and it came across as hypocritical (as a comic reader who has read Johns' stuff). If he was more nuanced in what he said, I would have personally received it better (eg, "Movies appeal to a different audiences, so we want these movies to feel more hopeful"). Instead, it just sound like he was forwarding the company line.
I wouldn't use that scary word to describe his position, let's just say he took notes from experience when it comes to some of these characters.

Johns should do a tell-all for Green Lantern & Justice League.

So since lead can be detected by a metal detector, how come it wasn't detected by the metal detector in the senate building?
This trash is next on my list of movies to watch. I'll watch this before watching the better Assault on Arkham film.

Remember that Luthor was using experimental metals. I think there's any number of reasonable ways to explain this one that still works.

I mean, really throwing him under the bus would’ve been saying the problem was the creative team, so blaming the darkness was more diplomatic.

By contrast, lunatics bullied Dianne Nelson off ignoring Twitter when she made a comment that some took as an implicit acknowledgment BVS had quality issues (which was a massive reach, but you know how fans get).

Last edited:
Was the guy from Titans not supposed to be Niles Caulder or are they just replacing the actor with Bond? Timothy Dalton feels more right anyway.

Chief looks different, in Titans we had Bruno Bichir i think so

Was the guy from Titans not supposed to be Niles Caulder or are they just replacing the actor with Bond? Timothy Dalton feels more right anyway.

Chief? Yep they recast him, in Titans Chief was a mexican actor, Bruno Bichir, went to IMDb and they have Dalton

Chief looks different, in Titans we had Bruno Bichir i think so

Chief? Yep they recast him, in Titans Chief was a mexican actor, Bruno Bichir, went to IMDb and they have Dalton

Yeah, I didn't care for the guy they had on Titans. He seemed more like a creep. I didn't find him interesting.

Yeah, I didn't care for the guy they had on Titans. He seemed more like a creep. I didn't find him interesting.

lol, i guess so
Still excited, cant believe this is soooo close

tenor.gif

Bill Maher Responds to Stan Lee Backlash, Advises Comic Fans to "Grow Up"

"I posted a blog that in no way was an attack on Mr. Lee, but took the occasion of his death to express my dismay at people who think comic books are literature and superhero movies are great cinema and who, in general, are stuck in an everlasting childhood," Maher explained to his audience. "Bragging that you’re all about the Marvel Universe is like boasting that your mother still pins your mittens to your sleeves."

Maher further ranted that fans ultimately need to "grow up," which was the true intent of his blog post.

"You can, if you want, like the exact same things you liked when you were ten but if you do, you need to grow up. That was the point of my blog. I’m not glad Stan Lee is dead, I’m sad you’re alive."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"