Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Hal Jordan's Origin story as in Secret Origins by Geoff Johns is just not compelling enough, and it is an improvement over Emerald Dawn which is even worse origin story, If they had made a movie based on Emerald Dawn, this movie's ratings would have gone down to 10 %.

Well this is it. Hal Jordan just isn't a compelling character. He's a superhero cliche. Reynolds has come in and tried to inject some charisma and likability, and for the most part, he has been praised for it. But the character of Hal is still getting heavily criticised.

Leads me to believe that i'm right, Hal Jordan is just a boring, one dimensional cliche of a comic book character.

I don't mind that but they're blah when it comes creature CGI. However it makes me worried if Lizard is ALL CGI.

How else would you do an all-lizard-humanoid character...stop motion? :oldrazz:

How else would you do an all-lizard-humanoid character...stop motion? :oldrazz:

You missed my first comment. I was talking about Sony. If ILM or Weta did it, I wouldn't worrry so
much.

You missed my first comment. I was talking about Sony. If ILM or Weta did it, I wouldn't worrry so
much.

I know what you were saying, which was why I included the :oldrazz:, which you apparently missed.

;)

Sony doesn't seem to have a very good track record with effects these days.

How awesome would it be if Sony finally 'clued in' to their ineptness at creature CG, and decided to go with latex prosthetics? :D

I don't understand why Campbell was smart enough to use great prosthetics for Sinestro and not for the Guardians (enhanced with CG). Stupid.

And I'm sure Sony would screw up if they went into the makeup biz.

If anyone has read the original script, who else thought it was much better and funner than the shooting script that we ended up with?

Campbell seemed lost. The movie didn't really have a singular vision.

It sounds like Campbell didn't have a vision at all, he just directed what WB wanted.

i think if the movie is bad then its because of WB. they had control over the editing . and a studio can f.... up the movie through editing.

and enough with the Abrams love. he is not the best director or writter. hes superman was not ''superman'' .

I know Abrams could have made a better GL movie and I'll leave it at that. :)

i think if the movie is bad then its because of WB. they had control over the editing . and a studio can f.... up the movie through editing.

and enough with the Abrams love. he is not the best director or writter. hes superman was not ''superman'' .

I have a feeling that editing did the best they could with a trainwreck of a film to work with.

From what i've read the movie sounds exactly like a Geoff Johns Green Lantern comic.

Flat, uninteresting lead who is said to be awesome, but never actually shown to be awesome. Thin, poorly developed supporting characters who are nothing but one dimensional cliches. Corny, overwraught exposition heavy dialogue. A plot that is more focused on big pay offs and surprises rather than naturally developing. But with cool action scenes.

From what i've read the movie sounds exactly like a Geoff Johns Green Lantern comic.

Flat, uninteresting lead who is said to be awesome, but never actually shown to be awesome. Thin, poorly developed supporting characters who are nothing but one dimensional cliches. Corny, overwraught exposition heavy dialogue. A plot that is more focused on big pay offs and surprises rather than naturally developing. But with cool action scenes.

I haven't seen it yet, but I think it might be best that Johns is a consultant/ideas man for film. Plotting the film along, and he lets the writers do their job. Essentially what Goyer with Nolan since The Dark Knight.

Yea obviously I'm just going by what the reviewers have said. But what they have said and complained about, are my same complaints about Geoff Johns' GL work in recent years.

The last time I enjoyed one of his comics was Sinestro Corps War. Which was how long ago? 5 years?

Just came back from my midnight showing. I did enjoy the film, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that the film was pretty flawed. I was certainly left wanting more, but who knows if Green Lantern will be fortunate enough to get a sequel and hopefully make up for its mistakes.

Yea obviously I'm just going by what the reviewers have said. But what they have said and complained about, are my same complaints about Geoff Johns' GL work in recent years.

The last time I enjoyed one of his comics was Sinestro Corps War. Which was how long ago? 5 years?

Three.

Well there you go, that's still a long time. He's a pale shadow of the writer he used to be. Sinestro Corps War was pretty f'n awesome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"