No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought up how they could bring Vulture back for the S6. What about Mysterio?

Unless they bring in an alternate version or reveal that he really didn't die in Far From Home, I don't see how they could bring him back.

Unless they bring in an alternate version or reveal that he really didn't die in Far From Home, I don't see how they could bring him back.

They'll probably just reveal he didn't actually die. Mysterio is notorious for never staying dead, even for a comic book villain.

Last edited:
I haven't watched FFH since it was in cinema, but doesn't the Peter Parker reveal imply that Mysterio was alive?

I haven't watched FFH since it was in cinema, but doesn't the Peter Parker reveal imply that Mysterio was alive?

Not really. JJJ said that Mysterio was brutally murdered by Spider-Man and it could have been one of Mysterio's guys that uploaded the video (I think we saw the bald guy from Iron Man 1 take a flash drive).

Having said that though, they can easily bring him back. Mysterio in the comics used a lot of practical effects as well so he could have had used something similar to the drug Nick Fury used when he faked his death in The Winter Soldier. Plus Peter specifically asked EDITH if what he was seeing was real, not if Beck was dead. And EDITH's response was all illusions are down. So yes from EDITH's pov, Beck lying on the ground is real and not an illusion.

Last edited:
I just love that our new Spider-Man is such a lovely person, unlike some people we could mention *cough* MAGUIRE *cough*
It surprising still, what I've heard about him.
Because he has a warm, friendly look. And the sound of his voice is the same. But that is just a fake charade he puts up.

Do they filming sundays? I bet Tom got 2 days shaking off Uncharted and monday he starts with Spiderman earliest.

Yeah, that's probably true. We'll probably have reports of him being on set like they had with Zendaya, Batalon, and Tomei.

Uncharted’s set was struck yesterday and Tom posted an Instagram story of himself on a plane this morning (laughing about Far From Home being his in-flight movie apparently).

If Electro is indeed the central antagonist, which I'm beginning to suspect he is, I think they need to establish him as a serious threat. Despite all his power, in TASM2 he never felt dangerous enough. This is a guy who almost killed Spider-Man in his first appearance in the comics.

I very much doubt he is the central antagonist. We probably were not even meant to find out about Jamie Foxx was back as Electro. and so in that case, if they had anyone else cast in a role we probably ain't meant to know about that either.

Last edited:
This movie is gonna be so weird, if all the casting stuff and rumors are actually true.

If Electro is indeed the central antagonist, which I'm beginning to suspect he is, I think they need to establish him as a serious threat. Despite all his power, in TASM2 he never felt dangerous enough. This is a guy who almost killed Spider-Man in his first appearance in the comics.

While he may not be the central antagonist, I could see him being a catalyst of sorts setting things in motion.

I don't think they're going to get Foxx just to play a smaller role akin to the Shockers and the Tinkerer in SMHC, so his role is going to be major.

Whether he's the head honcho baddie, or one of many major villains is anyone's guess.

But yeah, he's not going to be a joke in this the way he was in ASM 2. He's probably going to be a formidable foe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"