No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home Original Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if I believe the Daniel RPK stuff. I feel like a lot of these scoopers are just taking these rumors and running wild with them.

Yea, I can believe Tobey and Andrew maybe, but I don't think anyone and everyone from the previous movies is gonna be popping up here.

If they do a spiderverse they are gonna throw in some kinda spiderwomen. its just politically correct, plus toys.

Eh Daniel RPK has been very hit and miss. And the last several months it seems like he's been throwing everything at the wall. So I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt. None of these scoopers knew anything about Foxx returning and when the news broke about that, all of a sudden all the Spider-Verse "scoops" started popping up.

Well we will find out at some point i guess.

When was it announced who was playing Mysterio for Far From Home? was it before the filming started? because like i said previous... there is alot of nothing right now. and electro wasn't exactly announced. it just got out.

Last edited:
I could believe Amy Pascal and Sony would wish, want , or desire Emma Stone to come back.

Why wouldn't they? She's an Oscar winner ,and was well received as Gwen.

Now, whether or not its likely they would get what they want, wish, or desire is another issue. Whether or not Stone would even agree to appearing in a Spiderman film again is another issue.

Studios have lots of wish lists and dreams. It doesn't mean its what will end up happening.

Whether this particular rumor is true or not, who knows.

Given Sony's past ideas and plans for various Spiderman films, I wouldn't be surprised if the idea was at least on their minds.

Speaking of Gwen Stacy I really hope we get a Spider-Man film that deals with the aftermath of Gwen's death. Maybe it could take inspiration from Spider-Man: Blue

New rumor from Daniel RPK is that Sony wants to bring back Emma Stone to play Spidergwen and that Toby's Spiderman will have a Son in the movie.

Spider-Man 3 Rumors Include Emma Stone As Spider-Gwen

Yeah I'm calling BS on this. People are assuming this will be a Spider-Verse film just because Jamie Foxx is back as Electro and Strange is in it, even after Foxx himself basically confirmed he's playing a different version. Strange's involvement doesn't guarantee a multi- or Spider-Verse either. Unless it's from a source like the Hollywood Reporter or Variety, I wouldn't believe it.

Yeah I'm calling BS on this. People are assuming this will be a Spider-Verse film just because Jamie Foxx is back as Electro, even after Foxx himself basically confirmed he's playing a different version. Unless it's from a source like the Hollywood Reporter or Variety, don't believe it.

No he didn't confirm that. he said he wouldn't be blue, that doesn't mean he won't be the same version.

People are also thinking it is probably the spiderverse because Dr Strange is in it. he has to have a purpose to be in the film. its probably not gonna be him just sitting around occasionally doing magic tricks while Peter deals with his coming out to the world in dramatic and hilarious ways.

Plus it comes out after Wandavision and before Multiverse of madness.

No he didn't confirm that. he said he wouldn't be blue, that doesn't mean he won't be the same version.

People are also thinking it is probably the spiderverse because Dr Strange is in it. he has to have a purpose to be in the film. its probably not gonna be him just sitting around occasionally doing magic tricks while Peter deals with his coming out to the world in emotional but hilarious ways.

Plus it comes out after Wandavision and before Multiverse of madness.

You have a point. Speculation is fine (it's the reason we're all here, in fact), I just wouldn't assume that it's definitely happening just because a "reliable" scooper says so.

I've never really liked the the idea of Spider-Gwen as a mainstream character. Gwen becoming Spider-Man is a fun What If? but having spin-offs etc really goes against the purpose of the characters place amongst this mythology.

Gwen's death was basically the second origin story for the character and defined him in a way that no other moment has with the exception of Uncle Ben's death.

Some things are just sacred IMO.

Yes, yes... very believable stuff. I always thought there would be room for three separate film franchises with Peter Parker as the lead character. And running simultaneously. Makes all the sense in the world.

Yeah I'm calling BS on this. People are assuming this will be a Spider-Verse film just because Jamie Foxx is back as Electro and Strange is in it, even after Foxx himself basically confirmed he's playing a different version. Strange's involvement doesn't guarantee a multi- or Spider-Verse either. Unless it's from a source like the Hollywood Reporter or Variety, I wouldn't believe it.

Well, to be fair, the assumption is coming from reports by Andy Signore and Grace Randolph which claim their sources are asserting this is Spiderverse film.

Now whether or not those scoops turn out to be true or not remains to be seen. At this point we don't have an official, i.e. press release, from the studios, that the film is or isn't a Spiderverse film.

Hollywood Reporter and Variety are great, but just because they don't report something ,doesn't mean they may not have heard talk of a Spiderverse film, and it doesn't mean they have their own sources saying similar things.

Ditto with Deadline and other trades of that level. There's alot of behind scuttlebutt that those trades don't report , though I do think its interesting we haven't heard word of HR and Variety trying to debunk the Maguire , Garfield, Spiderverse stories.

Bottom line, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes either way.

Well, to be fair, the assumption is coming from reports by Andy Signore and Grace Randolph which claim their sources are asserting this is Spiderverse film.

Now whether or not those scoops turn out to be true or not remains to be seen. At this point we don't have an official, i.e. press release, from the studios, that the film is or isn't a Spiderverse film.

Hollywood Reporter and Variety are great, but just because they don't report something ,doesn't mean they may not have heard talk of a Spiderverse film, and it doesn't mean they have their own sources saying similar things.

Ditto with Deadline and other trades of that level. There's alot of behind scuttlebutt that those trades don't report , though I do think its interesting we haven't heard word of HR and Variety trying to debunk the Maguire , Garfield, Spiderverse stories.

Bottom line, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes either way.

Yeah you're right. I personally wouldn't mind if this does turn out to be a multiverse or Spider-Verse film, but honestly I'd prefer that it focus on the fallout from Peter's identity being revealed to the world. Maybe it focuses on that, with the Spider-Verse teased by a Maguire and/or Garfield mid-credits cameo.

When you look at the scale of the MCU movies, and the fun and humour factor... i could see the identity stuff lasting 20 minutes before they want something bigger scale and fun going on.

A big part of the last 2 movies is peter being all woah! at something new thats come into his teenage life. Homecoming it was hey kid here is your iron man suit. FFH it was hey kid we want you to be a secret agent!.

Last edited:
Yeah you're right. I personally wouldn't mind if this does turn out to be a multiverse or Spider-Verse film, but honestly I'd prefer that it focus on the fallout from Peter's identity being revealed to the world. Maybe it focuses on that, with the Spider-Verse teased by a Maguire and/or Garfield mid-credits cameo.

I actually suspect much of the film, even if it is a "Spiderverse" type film will be about Peter's identity as Spiderman, and I think Dr. Strange is going to play a role in the fallout of the identity reveal.

I could totally see the film tackling the idea of who Spiderman is and what he represents in a larger sense. The new films haven't really dealt with that aspect yet, though that is an idea that the animated Spiderverse film was built on.

I actually suspect much of the film, even if it is a "Spiderverse" type film will be about Peter's identity as Spiderman, and I think Dr. Strange is going to play a role in the fallout of the identity reveal.

I could totally see the film tackling the idea of who Spiderman is and what he represents in a larger sense. The new films haven't really dealt with that aspect yet, though that is an idea that the animated Spiderverse film was built on.

Very true! I do hope this film focuses on that aspect more. HoCo and FFH feinted in that direction but I would love it if this third film delved deeper.

Also I wonder what they're filming in Iceland for.

Last edited:
Yes, yes... very believable stuff. I always thought there would be room for three separate film franchises with Peter Parker as the lead character. And running simultaneously. Makes all the sense in the world.
:halo:

But seriously, it's not enough Spider-Men. We need Old Man Peter Parker, starring Nicholas Hammond.
He will also get his own solo adventure. It would be his first cinematic film as Spidey. Worth a bit of celebration. :applaud :applaud :applaud

Laughable

I wonder if they'll bring back Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen (or Kirsten as MJ) as Bryce was probably the most fun/awesome female in all Spider Man films.

(Added note: I feel like producers sometimes just get a little too carried away sometimes with all the films. When they had Amazing Spider Man they had such a good set-up. They had a young Andrew Garfield playing Peter. They had finished ASM2 and successfully, I thought, portrayed Gwens death. Why do they then have to think about doing a seperate Sinister Six film/franchise, an Aunt May movie? And then even a separate Spider-Gwen movie? Why not just take note from the comics where one storyline leads to another storyline and just try and complete ASM3 before they think about a Sinister Six film which funnily enough never actually gets made. And now with this series, it's like JUST KEEP GOING WITH THE SERIES, because they just get confused and cancel the whole thing, start over again and poor Tom Holland if they decided on doing that....)

Last edited:
Yea I feel like Batalon and Tom Holland himself for that matter are gonna react excitedly in general.

Which isn’t a knock on them or anything, they’re basically kids getting to be in superhero movies, of course it’s exciting to them.

Just saying they’re not neutral objective observers.

Well the actors ain't technically kids anymore. but i get what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"