Terminator: Dark Fate

This itself is symbolic of a failing franchise.

They have failed to reboot Terminator because they don't understand what made the first two movies successful or good, and they kept trying to copy trends and other popular stuff (Marvel, Mad Max, Halloween 2018).

T2 had the balls to show us a nuclear bomb going off in a city in a very accurate way, even though it was a dream sequence. T1 clearly and perfectly captures the fears of nuclear annihilation that people had in the mid-80s. We dehumanize each other and use technology to make killing other people easier, and Skynet is the result of that. That is what the themes of the Terminator movies were. They were not anti-technology. They were anti-war.

Was any of that ever captured in ANY of the post-T2 Terminator movies? Any of them? I think they all missed the point.

T2-3D: Battle Across Time is still the closest thing we'll ever have to a legit third film. If you never saw it you really missed out.

T2-3D: Battle Across Time is still the closest thing we'll ever have to a legit third film. If you never saw it you really missed out.

Dude you never lied. Saw it twice in my lifetime. Kids today will never know how exciting and movie accurate the line for that attraction was, visiting Cyberdyne.

I remember seeing behind-the-scenes footage for T2:3D on TV and freaking out because "Holy crap! John and Terminator Arnie are fighting freaking Terminators in the future!" It felt totally nuts. It's like the T3 movie you make up in your head after seeing T2 and all the action figures that came out for the movie, LOL.

Pretty sure it was this special:

Still kind of blows my mind this happened and this is the closest we ever got to a REAL T2 sequel. And yes, this is all I truly count. Sue me!

It’s two things I’ll never forget about the T2:3D show. The part when the T-1000000 explodes and the sh** comes flying out the screen and ceiling and that last bit of narration from Sarah saying that once again she owes her son’s life to the Terminator.

That show was really f’n brilliant.

It’s two things I’ll never forget about the T2:3D show. The part when the T-1000000 explodes and the sh** comes flying out the screen and ceiling and that last bit of narration from Sarah saying that once again she owes her son’s life to the Terminator.

That show was really f’n brilliant.

It's crazy to me they got everyone back and went all out for a theme park attraction. They spared no expense. This is why theme park attractions can be truly magical sometimes.

They should have done a Back to the Future and have a sequel set while T2 was happening but with a different group of people. They have a different mission but can’t interfere with the T2 story without messing up their mission.

They should have done a Back to the Future and have a sequel set while T2 was happening but with a different group of people. They have a different mission but can’t interfere with the T2 story without messing up their mission.

But why?

I think they only said that in the special edition though.
It was said in the theatrical that's why John was teaching him tricks and emotions. They just elaborated on it further in the special edition.

The next Terminator is a shark. Sorted.

gAo220.gif

I remember seeing behind-the-scenes footage for T2:3D on TV and freaking out because "Holy crap! John and Terminator Arnie are fighting freaking Terminators in the future!" It felt totally nuts. It's like the T3 movie you make up in your head after seeing T2 and all the action figures that came out for the movie, LOL.

Pretty sure it was this special:

Still kind of blows my mind this happened and this is the closest we ever got to a REAL T2 sequel. And yes, this is all I truly count. Sue me!

I wish they'd officially release all these ride cues and the experience in HD like they did with the Back to the Future Ride. They do feel like hidden mini sequels because of all the original crew/actors involved.

I'd love to see all the materials released for this, and Star Tours and The Simpsons Ride all in 4K (and 3D of course) lol

Hey, maybe try 345346346 will be something.
Like what is the worst that can happen? Another bad Movie...like you cant get worse anymore, it can only get better...i think, i hope...god please not another bad Terminator movie.

The only way I'd be remotely interested in another Terminator is if Cameron directed, but we know that's not gonna happen.

All that's said is that it's "in discussion" which could mean nothing. I don't think any studio in their right mind is willing to jump on another Terminator project after how Dark Fate turned out WITH the involvement of Cameron.

Think Salvation is the most underrated Terminator film. Had great action and cinematography. Cool film.

Salvation is the best post-T2 sequel by default but it's not bad.

Stop with Terminator films. They have been garbage from T3 onward. Just let it die.

He said in the interview that IF it were to be made, the focus would be on artificial intelligence itself and not robots beating each other up anymore.

I have no faith in the series at this point. After 4 terrible movies in a row, they haven't earned any kind of optimism from people. So James can say they will focus on XYZ, but fact is at this point....I just don't care about future Terminator IP entries. Which is 1000% the fault of the producers of this franchise for making total garbage for 2 decades

He said in the interview that IF it were to be made, the focus would be on artificial intelligence itself and not robots beating each other up anymore.

That's the direction you go in. Please stop it with these time travel on the run movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"