Terminator: Dark Fate

Didn't the original cut for Salvation had the rubber skin? I don't remember them showing up.

Didn't the original cut for Salvation had the rubber skin? I don't remember them showing up.

You can glimpse it on one later in the film, but for some reason the rubber face was altered in the T600's big scene. You can see it in production pictures.

Some interesting T600 notes on the Terminator fandom Wiki page

• Despite its oversized hulking appearance as an Infiltrator, a seven to eight feet tall Terminator mocked-up as a human would only need to disguise itself well enough to get within firing range of a human camp, as it is very difficult to judge size from a distance, as Marcus Wright mistook the Los Angeles T-600 as a human.
John Connor notes that the T-600 Terminator is a primitive design. It's bulky and slow and the shoulder joints and the back are vulnerable to gun fire. Also, the motor functions are susceptible and can be momentarily impaired by a knife attack to the targeting system in the back of the neck. The T-600 is easily detectable due to its size and lack of covering over its mechanics.

As a result of these shortcomings, Skynet superseded the T-600 Terminator with the faster, and sleeker Terminator series known as the T-800, which featured living tissue over its metal endoskeleton and a hyperalloy combat chassis. However, the T-600 Terminator may still be encountered providing fire-support for the T-800 Terminators.

Additionally, the rubber skin on the T-600 is less durable to weathering, making it easily peeled off. Thus, the inner structure will be exposed, sometimes it even rusts.

Some interesting T600 notes on the Terminator fandom Wiki page

• Despite its oversized hulking appearance as an Infiltrator, a seven to eight feet tall Terminator mocked-up as a human would only need to disguise itself well enough to get within firing range of a human camp, as it is very difficult to judge size from a distance, as Marcus Wright mistook the Los Angeles T-600 as a human.
John Connor notes that the T-600 Terminator is a primitive design. It's bulky and slow and the shoulder joints and the back are vulnerable to gun fire. Also, the motor functions are susceptible and can be momentarily impaired by a knife attack to the targeting system in the back of the neck. The T-600 is easily detectable due to its size and lack of covering over its mechanics.

As a result of these shortcomings, Skynet superseded the T-600 Terminator with the faster, and sleeker Terminator series known as the T-800, which featured living tissue over its metal endoskeleton and a hyperalloy combat chassis. However, the T-600 Terminator may still be encountered providing fire-support for the T-800 Terminators.

Additionally, the rubber skin on the T-600 is less durable to weathering, making it easily peeled off. Thus, the inner structure will be exposed, sometimes it even rusts.

But the T-600 was supposed to be an infiltration unit. Not a 'stand outside a camp and shoot at at it' unit. The Terminators wanted to get INSIDE the camps as the humans could hide there from them, like the T-800 in the first movie did to Kyle's camp.

Also Kyle said the T-600's were easy to spot due to their rubber skin, not because they were 8/9 feet tall and built like a tank.

I was only posting as it was informative, not because I had any issue with your original point.

T3 was gloomy? :o

terminator-star-glasses.gif

23b81ce28c3a450463b02ad27f373d9e.gif
Despite the silly humor peppered throughout, that movie has one hell of a bleak ending.

Last edited:
Despite none of these films at all living up to T1 & 2, I can still watch them and get various bits of enjoyment out of them. Same goes for the Predator and Alien Franchises after the amazing starting films.

Despite the silly humor peppered throughout, that movie has one hell of bleak ending.
That's true, I forgot about that. I'll at least give them credit for leaning into Judgment Day.

The ending of Terminator 3 still holds up.

This, it’s one fin the best moments in the franchise. I still can’t believe they did it all these years later.

Despite none of these films at all living up to T1 & 2, I can still watch them and get various bits of enjoyment out of them. Same goes for the Predator and Alien Franchises after the amazing starting films.

Same with all the franchises. But with Terminator, I just look at all the sequels as alternate timelines.

Despite the silly humor peppered throughout, that movie has one hell of bleak ending.

I made a very slightly edited version of that film to remove things like the stripper glasses. There's a lot to enjoy minus a few gags.

When most of everything else is sub-par to mediocre you kind of have to settle for sort of good.

Same goes for Star Trek, Star Wars and James Bond, the quality has run way down but darn it, I will still watch everything out there over and over.

T3 is such a mixed bag but for a PG13(12A in the UK) it had one brutal scene which rivalled the worst kill of the series (T1 in which the T800 punches through the blonde punk)

T3 was rated R in the US, probably thanks to that scene and the obligatory brief nudity when the Terminators show up in the beginning.

T3 was rated R in the US, probably thanks to that scene and the obligatory brief nudity when the Terminators show up in the beginning.
Ahh my bad man i just assumed. So R rated is what in UK rating. I often get confused, ours is U,PG 12A,15,18. I gather 15 is equal to your R rated or have i got that wrong again lool

Ahh my bad man i just assumed. So R rated is what in UK rating. I often get confused, ours is U,PG 12A,15,18. I gather 15 is equal to your R rated or have i got that wrong again lool
I think it varies depending on the movie but 15 is probably equivalent to R here. If it's something that's really racy then I think it gets slapped with an 18. It's funny now that I remember it because that summer of 2003 both T3 and The Matrix Reloaded were both rated R and they probably could have gotten away with a PG-13 with a few edits here and there.

This is especially true for me with Rise of the Machines and Salvations. I have only seen Genysis once though and I feel it's probably for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"