• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how Disney seems to push that god awful Ultimate cartoon Green Goblin in every media besides comics puts me off about how they'll portray Spider-Man and his universe in games.

I kinda like the USM cartoon Goblin, it's a nice combination of classic and Ultimate.

It takes a while. I stopped playing for a while and deleted all my stuff and then I heard it has online stuff and had to start over.

Best tip is to save up and keep buying Gold Packs.

The online stuff has made it a little easier. I got some pretty good gear cards off of it and my Batman now deals 1226 damage (at Level IV elite). Should I keep upgrading him or compete online for more gear cards? I have a central team of Batman insurjency, Superman regency (normal) and Joker (normal). I am thinking of replacing Joker with either Darkseid or Zod once their levels touch 50.

It's not a combination of Classic and Ultimate, it's a combination of Ultimate and unimaginative rubbish ****.

I don't like how Doc Ock works for Goblin in the cartoon.

I mean it's just. No.

With Spider-Man 2, I saw them more as partners you know. It was Doc Ock's plans and Ocorp provided tech to make it happen.

In the Ultimate, I think Doc Ock wanted to kill Norman and was mad at him. Doc Ock was massive in the Ultimate.

tumblr_mde6wmYoaP1rdgb66o1_1280.jpg

But in the cartoon. He looks like the Penguin from Burton's Batman films minus the awesomeness. I mean just,

maxresdefault.jpg

no.

Last edited:
I don't like how Doc Ock works for Goblin in the cartoon.

I mean it's just. No.

With Spider-Man 2, I saw them more as partners you know. It was Doc Ock's plans and Ocorp provided tech to make it happen.

In the Ultimate, I think Doc Ock wanted to kill Norman and was mad at him. Doc Ock was massive in the Ultimate.

Ultimate-Spidey-vs-Doc-Ock-spider-man-villains-2113714-397-599.jpg

But in the cartoon. He looks like the Penguin from Burton's Batman films minus the awesomeness. I mean just,

maxresdefault.jpg

no.

I almost forgot about Doc Ock in that show. That's even worse than GG. And I believe I saw that version in the Disney's Infinite game trailer as well!

Sometimes I hate Marvel!

I thought about getting Disney Infinity but it's ****ing expensive.

The Spidey storyline seems like a kiddie friendly Web of Shadows.

Makes you think how they'd do the villains if they got the right to the live action movies.

It's not a combination of Classic and Ultimate, it's a combination of Ultimate and unimaginative rubbish ****.

The fact that it is Ultimate with a glider makes it a kind of combination in my eyes.

I enjoy the show too. Take away the cutaway stuff and fourth wall stuff and it could be alright.

I thought about getting Disney Infinity but it's ****ing expensive.

The Spidey storyline seems like a kiddie friendly Web of Shadows.

The "symbiote invasion" story must be some of the most overdone Spider-Man crap ever.

Makes you think how they'd do the villains if they got the right to the live action movies.

Contrary to most people, I am fine with Sony having the rights. With Disney, Spidey would just be a cog in the machinery of the universe. Here, he is the nucleus.

I hope that Sony gets out of the hole they have dug for themselves.

I wouldn't mind Ultimate Green Goblin but him wearing battle tech and a glider seems so ****ing stupid.

Either do 616 or Ultimate. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I like Mysterio and Venom's design in the game.

The "symbiote invasion" story must be some of the most overdone Spider-Man crap ever.

If I was to do one, I would do it like I Am Legend or some **** like that. Very horrorish.

It is over done but I feel there are ways to make it interesting. The one thing I hate is Venom is always involved. One would think Carnage would be better. I mean Carnage likes death and destruction.

If I was to do one, I would do it like I Am Legend or some **** like that. Very horrorish.

It is over done but I feel there are ways to make it interesting. The one thing I hate is Venom is always involved. One would think Carnage would be better. I mean Carnage likes death and destruction.

I see what you mean, and that could be pretty cool, but I can't picture Spider-Man in a horror-esque game. Though, I'd like PARTS of a game to have horror elements (Lizard comes to mind immediately).

EDIT: typo

Last edited:
If I were to do a Spidey game, I'd probably use that Mark Miller Spider-Man story as the basis and influence. It's like the Hush of Spider-Man books. Not only is it good but all the villains in Spidey's universe is basically in it.

If I were to do a Spidey game, I'd probably use that Mark Miller Spider-Man story as the basis and influence. It's like the Hush of Spider-Man books. Not only is it good but all the villains in Spidey's universe is basically in it.

That's a great idea, man. All the villains were used to great effect in that one. And, it was the only tale which made Scorpion look like a badass.

What story do you mean?

Contrary to most people, I am fine with Sony having the rights. With Disney, Spidey would just be a cog in the machinery of the universe. Here, he is the nucleus.

I hope that Sony gets out of the hole they have dug for themselves.

Excellent allegory.

We're so off topic it's not even funny, though.

Does it matter I mean the game sucks. I don't think anyone will get mad. Besides we're still talking about Spidey video games.

That's a great idea, man. All the villains were used to great effect in that one. And, it was the only tale which made Scorpion look like a badass.

I know.

Whoever does the next Spidey game should look at what Rocksteady kind of.

Arkham Asylum was very influenced by Arkham Asylum A Serious House On Serious Earth in that the inmates that over the asylum led by the Joker. Croc, Scarecrow, and Joker were both in the book and the game. Only one who wasn't was Ivy. Bane and Harley weren't even created at the time.

Then in the next Spidey game, look at where you left off and create a new story. Arkham City was a story not done in the comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"