Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

Primal Slayer

Let the Siren scream
Reaction score
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yMzIvMzUzL2kwMi9zdGFyZ2lybC5qcGc=

A live-action Stargirl series co-starring the Justice Society of America is coming to the DC Universe streaming service. Announced during the Geoff Johns spotlight panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego, Stargirl will be written and showrun by Johns himself.

“Stargirl is the doorway into a team that’s very close to my heart, the JSA," Johns explained. “It’s all about her bringing back the legacy of the Justice Society.”

Johns said his role in producing the Stargirl show is partially what led to his departure as DC's Chief Creative Officer earlier this year.

Stargirl is the first comic book character Johns wrote for DC as well as his first original creation for the publisher (with artist Lee Moder). The character is based on Johns' late sister, Courtney Johns.

Johns said while the JSA co-stars in Stargirl, there is potential for a JSA series of its own down the line.

https://www.newsarama.com/40933-stargirl-tv-series-coming-to-dc-universe-service.html

I look forward to the first trailer, with her calling Doctor Fate a mother ****er, before she decapitates a passing burglar.

Last time we had Star Girl in live-action was in both Smallville and Legends of Tomorrow.

I hope this does open the door to a Justice Society of America series.

This DC Universe streaming is haven for DC projects that may not pass through WB's developmental hell.

Hopefully this will be a FUN Light-Hearted series.

I did like Jones STARS & STRIP series he did.

So I may have to check out this streaming site...

So this is not going to be connected to the rest of the CW-Arrowverse? They seem to be having a different lead for Stargirl.

From what I recall the Arrowverse version of Star Girl is a member of 1940's JSA instead of the original modern version.

Smallville actually kept to the original except their JSA was from the 70's instead.

Would be nice if they took notes from Black Lightning and kept to her original origin which would be more Buffy the Vampire Slayer with the Mayor being an old nemesis of the JSA!

So this is not going to be connected to the rest of the CW-Arrowverse? They seem to be having a different lead for Stargirl.

No. This will most likely take place in the Titans-verse.

So this will be a legacy character? A modern version of the 1940s original?

I know I'm late. but I just found out about this and I'm actually very interested in this. maybe even more so than Titans, especially if Stargirl turns out to be FUN and LIGHTHEARTED. Hopefully, it won't be part of the R-rated Titans world.......lol.

So this will be a legacy character? A modern version of the 1940s original?
Star Girl was originally a modern character, the DC Legends series is the only one set in the 1940's.

I have no idea who she is. She seems to look the part.

This song seems appropriate

I was eager to learn who'd they cast for the title role.

don't know anything about the actress but she certainly looks the part. I can buy her as the cute, all-American girl next door cheerleader type. And I'm pleased by the comments made about her and how she embodies the character. That gives me hope for this series.

so, I approve. and with that, my interest in Titans just took another drop down...….lol.

I'm surprised they didn't try to race bend her. They're doing it with everyone else these days.

I'm surprised they didn't try to race bend her. They're doing it with everyone else these days.

tbh, that was one of my worries, after reading the casting breakdown a few weeks ago which said the role was open to all ethnicities, and the related articles were speculating this means they may deviate from the white blonde look for the character.

I was like.....WHY??!! Why do that??!! especially when the promo art ( in the 1st post ) that they released when they announced the show depicts Stargirl as, wait for it, a white blonde girl. y'know, how she's always been depicted as in the comics, tv shows, animation, etc, across the years.

don't change **** that needs to be changed. leave these characters alone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"