9.11 - Society - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hawkman looks great! I can't wait to see Dr. Fate, he's been a favorite of mine ever since I discovered him in a silver age issue of The Flash.

Awesome!!!

so its Feb 5 now? sigh another week.....

hawkmani.jpg

Hawkman's outfit looks Incredible they remain faithful to the Traditional costume from the comics. I'm so excited Shanks looks awesome .

I do like how faithful it does look to the comics character. Cant wait to see more photos to judge it better. The tvguide author stated that a larger version of the image will be out on thursday's tv guide mag. Like i said earlier today in other thread, when i first saw the image to me it looked more like a costume design concept/early sfx design look. Cause in my mind the image didnt look quite real. So I cant wait to see more photos, plus see the rest of the jsa.

IM SHOCKED They actually made Hawkman the way he's supposed to look !!
I was expecting a trench coat with wings

Yeah I wonder what Fate will look like

hawkmani.jpg

Hawkman's outfit looks Incredible they remain faithful to the Traditional costume from the comics. I'm so excited Shanks looks awesome .

I'm gobsmacked, Hawkman looks badass :wow:

I was expecting something completly different to what we've seen before when I read about the harness & wing attachments needing to be hidden by a chest plate but you can barely even notice it, it actually looks better with a chest plate it plays of his helmet/mask better :up:

I'm pumped to see this :awesome:

yea its great how close to comics look they did get with hawkman, so i dont think we have to worry much for fate, i still think he will end up as good/better then persauder was in legion. As for stargirl i dont know much of the character so i wouldnt mind if she ends up a bit more like jl style stuff. But with how hawkman looks i think she will probably end up more close to her comic look.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to bringing super-hero costumes to life, and I give props to the effort for the literal Hawkman. However.........those wings cannot possibly look good in live action; recalling the Hawkmen from the 1980 "Flash Gordon".

Without the budget and time to create majestic CGI wings Smallville should have left the character alone!

Yeah Fate should be easy to do. All you need is the right helmet and should be good to go...

Looking forward to seeing the Fate helmet. Always thought it was a cool helmet.

yea if its anything like persauder it should be good.

hawkmani.jpg

I did not expect this AT ALL. I completely expected them to give Hawkman a "Smallville" revision.

Very impressed that they decided to remain faithful to the mythos. :woot:

Well johns did say things were going to be accurate and all that. But yea i know many probably thought they were going to be in leather hoodies lol.

I gotta say I am pleasently surprised and also impressed with Hawkman's look. I am very excited to see Fate now always liked his costume especially the helmet. Now I am daring to dream that my wish may come true regarding The Martian Manhunter, that we will see him in all his Martian form green skinned glory.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to bringing super-hero costumes to life, and I give props to the effort for the literal Hawkman. However.........those wings cannot possibly look good in live action; recalling the Hawkmen from the 1980 "Flash Gordon".

Without the budget and time to create majestic CGI wings Smallville should have left the character alone!

Then some would whine about how fake the wings look for being CGI, blahblahblah... Many of the suits are campy/cheesy to start with, that's the problem when trying to bring them to live action. Nolan changed Batman's suit, to make it more realistic and sophisticated. Superman's suit is ok for the comics and cartoons, but is kind of campy in live action, in real life someone wearing spandex, the underwear in the outside and a cape would be laugh at for being ridiculous, it should be updated for the next movie (whenever it happens).

Last edited:
That is an issue with comic characters and costumes getting translated from page to screen. Only a few seem to be able to be done well like reeve's superman suit to spider-man the movie suits(which it minor changes). Then we get into bad designs like xmen/ff/SR deal.

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2009/11/michael-shanks-as-hawkman-smallville-interview-first-look/

On February 5, The CW will air a special two-hour episode of Smallville, on that focuses on the Justice Society.

Michael Shanks will play a key role on the anticipated installment, appearing as the character of Hawkman. He spoke to TV Guide Magazine this week about the gig. A few excerpts:

On Hawkman's background: When we first meet Carter Hall he’s in his museum. We’ll learn he’s a reincarnated prince from a thousand years ago. There is a reference to The Justice Society’s time in the ‘70s, but we have since disbanded.

On advice for Clark: There’s a reference given to him flying, but it’s more of a metaphor to his own personal growth. Clark and his friends are figuring out what their destinies will be, so there is a ripe opportunity for the Justice Society who had been there done that to offer some tough love teaching.

On his relationship with Chloe: She is a bit of an enigma to him. To have this pretty, smart blonde girl walking around among all these superheroes is an anomaly. Carter doesn’t know what to make of her.

looks like that is just taking shanks tvguide interview over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"