Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Looks good but some of those Quantum shots gave me spy kids PTSD. You can really tell Marvel isn't giving these fx houses the proper time to work their shots.

cake-spy-kids-spy-kids-three-gif-22259371

Last edited:
looks good, but I’m afraid it’ll face the same effect-problems like MoM and T4…shot inside studios and it never looked real (BP2 on the other hand looks mostly like shot outside)
That’s my concern. It’s all green screen and hollow. I get that you can’t build a physical quantum realm. And hopefully the performances are good. But I think I’m just overloaded with too much MCU and it all feels the same after a while.

I'm not convinced that Hank and Janet will make it out of this one alive. Certainly one of them will be killed/sacrifice themselves during a battle with Kang.

I'm not convinced that Hank and Janet will make it out of this one alive. Certainly one of them will be killed/sacrifice themselves during a battle with Kang.
Janet seems to be the leading candidate, but Hank may sacrifice himself for her.

Really solid trailer. Kang is gonna bring it, but my only gripe is I hope the entire film doesn't take place in the Quantum Realm. I know a good portion of the first act won't but still.

Loved the trailer but the poster was pretty terrible imo

That’s my concern. It’s all green screen and hollow. I get that you can’t build a physical quantum realm. And hopefully the performances are good. But I think I’m just overloaded with too much MCU and it all feels the same after a while.

exactly it all looks like the same filmed with that Mandalorian stage tech. Before that you also had movies set in other worlds. I recently watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Though it was also filmed with a green screen, it looked more real than Thor Love & Thunder.

Evangeline Lilly can’t catch a haircut break in these movies lol

How the trailer was cut felt more like a Guardians movie than anything. Song choice - and bright visuals - probably has a lot to do with that.

She’s turning a bit into a Karen in real life, so the cut kind of suits her. Lol

Based on the trailer I think we can assume that the 5 characters
got split up with Scott/Cassie and Hope/Hank/Janet in two teams during the trip in the quantum realm. Scott/Cassie get captured by Kong minions (?), the other team go undercover and try to get some information from outlaws.

This is a more interesting teaser poster than some other film posters we've gotten before. They should keep this as the main poster.

It reminds me a little of the cover of this comic:
clean.jpg
Ha nice. Maybe it’s a tribute to this cover.

I came to write something but it looks like everyone already said it. These movies are leaning more and more towards entire intangible CGi environments and I just don't like it.
But I hate it specially here because the entire point of Ant-Man is the size difference between stuff.

I really miss the vibe of that first film with giant ants, turntables and bathtubs.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that Ant-Man 3 isn't going to be a light-hearted palate cleanser like the other 2 movies but something of greater stakes with more suspense that might not be as rewatchable.

I get the feeling that Ant-Man 3 isn't going to be a light-hearted palate cleanser like the other 2 movies but something of greater stakes with more suspense that might not be as rewatchable.
It’s going to have some of the same vibe but it would be criminal is it was as light as the first 2 films with Kang one the scene!

How often is Kang going to wear his helmet with the blue face plate? I want him to look like that instead of looking like Majors.

Well, I’m liking this trailer. The whimsical feel and Sir John’s well appointed song. It might be a sci fi adventure taken cues from wizard of oz.

The trailer definitely strikes a different more intense tone than the previous films in the series so I’m intrigued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"