Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

probably at 9 a.m. EST (like the first teaser for Thor L&T and the trailers for BP2 and Eternals) - 4 hours to go

if it hasn’t been released now, then it’ll be probably during one of those ESPN sport events tonight

Looks good, but I really hoped they would replicate the darkness and Kang's presence from the Comic-Con & D23 trailers.

It looks quite comedic and light a.k.a every other MCU trailer nowadays.

Looks good, but I really hoped they would replicate the darkness and Kang's presence from the Comic-Con & D23 trailers.

It looks quite comedic and light a.k.a every other MCU trailer nowadays.

Maybe it's a bait and switch, but then all of the Ant-Man films have been pretty comedic.

That said, I was hoping we'd get the "You're out of your league, Ant-Man" from the D23 trailer.

I know these Ant-Man films aren’t a lot of peoples favorite of the MCU but I love them and that trailer was ****ing fantastic. The film just looks so unique and building on what came before. Also dat Jonathan Majors as Kang The Conqueror is going to kill it. Overall with this first look I’m impressed with this first look and I think Peyton Reed and Co. are going to surprise us.

This is looking better Than I expected and it looks to be giving Michelle Pfeiffer something to work with too. I’m much more interested than I was.

also it’s so nice to see actual color in the sky unlike most marvel films where the sky is light grey almost white.

Last edited:
The secret to Paul Rudd not aging:

Keep in mind this: Anchorman came out 18 years ago.

looks good, but I’m afraid it’ll face the same effect-problems like MoM and T4…shot inside studios and it never looked real (BP2 on the other hand looks mostly like shot outside)

You know, I can acknowledge Bill Murray and him being super problematic, Evangeline Lily and her terrible anti-vax views and VFX artists being overworked and not treated properly.

I can also still be excited for this, because this looks…wow.

Love the visual palette and the scale of this. Excited to see what Jonathan Majors brings to this. And I know that people complain about this and other MCU films being so VFX effect heavy/VFX looking a little rough, but I think this is one of the movies where the setting, which is so outlandish and alien, almost absolutely requires it.

I’m actually pretty excited for this. And I can’t believe I’m saying that for an Ant-Man film of all things.

looks good, but I’m afraid it’ll face the same effect-problems like MoM and T4…shot inside studios and it never looked real (BP2 on the other hand looks mostly like shot outside)

I didn't feel that with Multiverse of Madness... if anything, it felt like Raimi's Spider-man New York imported into the MCU, so more like sets than green screen

This is looking very similar to Love & Thunder, and it's the first time a trailer is really jumping out at me as looking sub-par... even L&T's trailer covered up a lot of the dodgier shots. The shot of Kang floating down in particular looks really bad. I hope they do a lot of work between now and then, and pay the artists what they deserve for said hard work

But yeah, Story-wise I can't wait. Dying to know what Kang needs from the heist he sends Ant-Man on

Last edited:
I like the trailer and the poster! Looks to have more scale and is a proper Ant-Family film from the get go. Majors will be a huge asset.

Evangeline Lilly can’t catch a haircut break in these movies lol
:funny:

How the trailer was cut felt more like a Guardians movie than anything. Song choice - and bright visuals - probably has a lot to do with that.
It did feel a bit Guardians, yeah.

It looks good to me, and I'm someone who isn't the biggest fan of Antman 1 and 2.

It looks like the most interesting of the trilogy of films for me.
Yeah, feels like a step up finally.

That's why my idea of a future special presentation being an "in-universe" documentary works: don't need CGI to present a story in that format.

To me this looks like a significant improvement over the last two movies, and I actually enjoy the first Ant-Man quite a bit, but this definitely looks more grand in scale and high stakes compared to Ant-Man & The Wasp.

I just wish they kept the tone of the D23 trailer, but Jonthan Majors looks so awesome and intimidating here as Kang and I can't wait to see more of him in action on the bigscreen because I know he's going to kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"