Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

This might be the first MCU movie I skip. I know I’m in the minority, but I’m getting more and more turned off by over half the movie taking place on green screen. I miss the real world smaller stake element of the first two movies. Now it feels like just another big MCU movie that is meant to set up something else down the road.

With Kang as the villain, it could only be that sort of MCU movie unless Kang was a one-and-done villain, which they'd be fools to do. Also I guess it wouldn't technically be a one-and-done since we got Majors as the Kang variant in Loki.

This might be the first MCU movie I skip. I know I’m in the minority, but I’m getting more and more turned off by over half the movie taking place on green screen. I miss the real world smaller stake element of the first two movies. Now it feels like just another big MCU movie that is meant to set up something else down the road.
Yep. I haven't seen Wakanda Forever yet which it would've been insane for me 5, 6 years ago. And I'm gonna skip this one too until a home release. Is not that I'm becoming an annoying little brat, but I'm just not that interested, I'm in no hurry to watch it. There's nothing new, exciting or interesting for me.

Plus these movies are hitting Disney plus like 4 months later so it’s fine waiting

So since it seems like there's a version of the Micronauts here, but without anything that Hasbro could claim obviously, how do you feel about it? Are you happy that there will be some version of the group even if it's very different from the original team? If they characters are executed well, do you think there is any chance they could carry their own project, even with the limited comics material they're allowed to use?

my IMAX doesn’t have a pre-sale like they had for MoM, Thor L&T and WF…those animated blue spacecats are blocking the IMAX

I might stick to my plan and wait for Disney+ …even if it takes until June/July

For me, this is one I definitely want to see in theaters. They’ve had this movie in the can for like over a year. All that time means they had a lot of opportunity to make it the best movie possible. I think this one is going to be special.

I don't understand anyone that wouldn't want to see Kang's first appearance on the big screen. There's literally an Avenger's movie named after him in the works. He's not one to be balked at.

Yeah, Phase 4 to me has been mediocre for the most part, but Jonathan Majors was one of the big things I enjoyed in Loki so the Kang storyline and how that leads into Secret Wars is what I'm most interested in right now.

Plus these movies are hitting Disney plus like 4 months later so it’s fine waiting

I can see this coming earlier to Disney plus - it won’t do well at the BO when Guardians Vol. 3 is released. They might drop it 1-2 weeks before the theatrical relase of Vol.3

I can see this coming earlier to Disney plus - it won’t do well at the BO when Guardians Vol. 3 is released. They might drop it 1-2 weeks before the theatrical relase of Vol.3
Quantumania is released on February 17.
Vol 3 is almost 4 months later. It’s NOT going to be an issue.

lol it‘s 2,5 months - not 4 months

There's 77 day's between Antman's opening, and Guardians 3. To put that into perspective, Wakanda Forever is only on day 74. Guardians will have ZERO bearing on Antman's BO performance.

I'm looking forward to the theater. It's a good date night for me and my wife, which sadly we don't do often enough. The nearest theater is 80 miles away.
Wow, that’s ridiculous! How long does it take to get there? Not sure if I’d bother going much if mine was that far away.

Some comments from the writer Jeff Loveness, regarding MODOK:
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania writer breaks down MODOK inspiration: "He’s a real loose cannon"

MODOK is maybe my single favorite thing that I got in the movie...
Obviously we are very faithful to the comics with the design and the look, but then there is a little bit of extra we put into him. Maybe I’ll get fired off The Kang Dynasty when people see it, but some of my favorite moments come from MODOK and the dynamics there.
I’ll just say he was inspired by Kevin Kline in A Fish Called Wanda and Frank Grimes in an old Simpsons episode – this really put-upon, selfish, entitled but then also deeply sad, insecure man who knows that he got a **** deal in life and is trying to make the best of it.
His ego will crumble the second he’s challenged but then also like Kevin Kline in A Fish Called Wanda, he’s pretty good at killing people...
He’s a real loose cannon character and I had a great amount of fun with him. That was almost day one in the room – we cracked MODOK as a character and the movie just became so fun.

Just read the leaked script. If accurate, this movie is gonna be insane. I can't friggin wait!

Feige really needs to get his security under control because these leaks are just getting ridiculous. :funny:

Movie's out in less than a month, so I think I can hold off reading the script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"