Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not feeling this movie at all. They took away everything that makes Ant-Man special, which is his size in contrast with regular things. All I see here is Paul Rudd in costume without his helmet and is boring as s***.
I'm not familiar with Kang enough either to be excited about, considering his appearance in Loki is nothing like what we see here.
The Quantum Realm is just a bunch of special effects that they want to wow you but, at this point, I'm numb about that stuff.
I don't know. Maybe I reach that point. The point where these movies are not for me anymore.

Lots of green screen and stagecraft. Oh well. At least we have the two other Ant-Man movies. Hopefully, i'm wrong and it is something special.

Also, where's my boy Luis??

Last edited:
Very excited for this. Glad to finally really begin to kickoff the multiverse saga. Get into the MCU’s next big bad, Majors looks great so far in this. Phase 4 has been the weakest so far easily. With only a handful of some shows/films I enjoyed. Hoping they get back on track now heading towards Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars in these upcoming phases.

I like the potential this has to propel to the next “event” film that we have sorely lacked. We know Kang is the next big bad but in Loki they teased multiple variants so are we gonna see just this one or actual multiple variants?

Looks pretty epic imo... can't wait to see what Majors does with this role
But I also agree the amount of green screen/volume is too damn high
More Macro photography you cowards! lol

One thing that does feel weird though, is Scott being willing to do whatever it is he's doing for a few more years with young Cassie
Like I get it, for a parent that's devastating, but he still has his daughter, and compared to a lot of other folks in the MCU, has lost relatively little
I'm sure the message by the end will be "appreciate what you have/the time you have/etc", but it seems odd Scott would risk the whole of time and space for a few years with tween Cassie

I don’t know, trailer gave me nothing. All looks the same - blue and violett, filmed with the Mandalorian-stage. Not very diversified sets.
First teaser excited me more, though (maybe because of the music)
I don’t feel the urge to watch this at cinema and wait until it comes to Disney plus later that, no matter the spoilers.

I feel the same. Obviously you can’t build a whole city in real life but the idea they’re on a green screen for 90 minutes doesn’t appeal to me.

The trailer seemed to give away a lot. Scott’s line about both of them losing is probably right before he defeats Kang.

The trailer seemed to give away a lot. Scott’s line about both of them losing is probably right before he defeats Kang.

This being Marvel, or rather just modern cinema in general, I doubt it's that obvious
They are well known for fibbing in their trailers

Green screen is just cheaper to film than finding locations, planning trips, set designs and all that. Just how it is along with MCU/Disney being a money making machine they won't change that. We also transitioned from the more real Earth bound heroes in Iron Man, Cap, Hulk to space and magical like GOTG, Cap Marvel, Strange. The Quantumrealm was the next place they planned to adventure to so Ant-Man was Earth bound but not in this. Ant-Man movies were the fun breath of fresh air adventures, but now they need a reoccurring character from early phases to jump start the next story. I am glad Rudd/Ant-Man gets the opportunity.

The CGI will be overwhelming this year though with GOTG 3 next but that will have plenty of story and heart, Captain Marvel is after that.

Yeah but we also had movies filmed with green screen in the past, like the Guardians movies or Thor Ragnarok. But even the green screen scenes of Guardians 2 look better, than the scenes of of MoM and Thor 4. I don’t know why, but the scenes filmed with the volume look all flat.
But I fear Quantumania will have the same look.
I have faith in James Gunn, that he filmed more on real built setpieces.

I have faith in James Gunn, that he filmed more on real built setpieces.

Yeah, from what we've seen in the trailer, GOTG3 looks to be much more tangible and use actual sets more often
The Quantum Realm was always gonna be tough to visualize without green screen
but then build out more intricate and vast indoor areas to offset that and not have the whole movie be in front of a screen

That's what I'm wondering. Dastmalchian is back so I'm assuming Peña will be in it too. It'd be foolish to leave out a fan-favorite supporting character.
It’s weird. Dastmalchian is back but listed as a different character.

One thing that does feel weird though, is Scott being willing to do whatever it is he's doing for a few more years with young Cassie
Like I get it, for a parent that's devastating, but he still has his daughter, and compared to a lot of other folks in the MCU, has lost relatively little
I'm sure the message by the end will be "appreciate what you have/the time you have/etc", but it seems odd Scott would risk the whole of time and space for a few years with tween Cassie
It might be more than just that that. We see in the trailer she's in jail, so it's possible Scott fears that she could be heading down the same path he once took. And he might think that if he wasn't gone for 5 years, he might have been able to raise her differently.

It’s weird. Dastmalchian is back but listed as a different character.
visible-confusion.gif

MODOK doesn't look super ridiculous!!!!

:csad::csad::csad:

EDIT:

But wait, I gave it a better look at the trailer and it's barely there but his not armored face does show up!!! It looks ridiculous!! Thank goodness!

Last edited:
That's what I'm wondering. Dastmalchian is back so I'm assuming Peña will be in it too. It'd be foolish to leave out a fan-favorite supporting character.
Yeah, he was a big part of the appeal of Ant Man films for me.

Looks pretty epic imo... can't wait to see what Majors does with this role
But I also agree the amount of green screen/volume is too damn high
More Macro photography you cowards! lol

Yeah, need to hear more on that and see context as it seems a weird thing to raise the stakes that high for without perspective when you still have your daughter now and potentially for many years ahead.

Looks pretty tight and to me.

Certainly it looks more compelling and a more threatening villain than the first two Antman films.

But, to be fair , I've been much more underwhelmed by the Antman films than alot of fandom has been.

I thought the first one was fine, and the second one was passable , so my response to the ideas of this one in which is much more positive than to the other two films.

It just seems to me, it has much more going for it on every level ,and it certainly looks much more compelling.

Who knows how good the film will end up being , but at the very least I actually look forward to seeing it as opposed to the Meh feelings I had with the other two films.

I definitely think this looks more compelling than the first two movies and I enjoy the first Ant-Man quite a bit, but man I really want to see more growth/progression for the character going forward.

I love Paul Rudd in the role, but it really felt like he didn't get his shine until Endgame and not counting CW. I can understand how some wouldn't be into this, but I really appreciate the bigger scope.

Also, visually I think this looks fantastic and is pretty much everything I wanted out of Multiverse of Madness as far as the trippy, cosmic craziness goes which we didn't get enough of in that movie IMO.

I think he'll have quite some emotional moments to shine here, and heck, that line he said towards Kang was the first time I ever found the Ant Man character kind of badass.

I definitely don't think he's dying in this movie, that is 100% misdirection from this trailer.

I think he'll have quite some emotional moments to shine here, and heck, that line he said towards Kang was the first time I ever found the Ant Man character kind of badass.

I definitely don't think he's dying in this movie, that is 100% misdirection from this trailer.

Not to mention that there's two of him in one scene in the trailer. That's a pretty convenient out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"