• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Batman: Arkham Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015_08_09_16_06_20.jpg

This is awesome. Reminds me of the shot in '89 Batman when the Batwing flies up to the moon for a moment.

This is awesome. Reminds me of the shot in '89 Batman when the Batwing flies up to the moon for a moment.

Thanks! I know, that's what I was trying to go for. It's not as easy as I thought :p

The Hush thing bothers me every time. He should have been a major part of the main game and it felt like he was set up as such and just tossed aside (alongside other pieces of set up that are ignored or unfortunately minor in AK) because someone wanted to use [BLACKOUT]Jason.[/BLACKOUT] Still a fun game, but I can't shake the feeling there was probably a better and more cohesive story.

I don't even have a problem with them using that storyline, it's the whole militia takeover army invasion nonsense that spoils it for me, especially when it hogs most of the game. It's pretty lazy storytelling, when they had such a great concept (all the villains teaming up to take down the Batman) to work with.

Villains teaming up, we got none of that despite the marketing saying they would be. Only Crane and AK worked together. Most of the interesting villains were reduced to side missions doing their own thing.

Yeah...Hush really was a letdown. I mean, he wasn't even Hush when you think about it. He was Tommy Elliot having a Single White Female storyline. He wasn't Hush, in any sense. There's stuff that must have been axed, like Vicki's storyline with Mad Hatter in Arkham City. But damn, must have been a helluva an axe. With the setup in AC, I would have made a priority out of Hush and been more willing to cut down Pyg's or anyone else sidequests (even though I liked Pyg's sidequest). If not for anything else than to follow through on the setup in AC.

And I think everyone else has stated it, but DKR Batman looks pretty damn good. I wasn't into it on the press photos they released, as well as Batman Beyond. But, in game...Beyond and DKR Bats looks much better than I first thought.

Now if only we can get a TDK/TDKR or Batman Begins skin...

I don't even have a problem with them using that storyline, it's the whole militia takeover army invasion nonsense that spoils it for me, especially when it hogs most of the game. It's pretty lazy storytelling, when they had such a great concept (all the villains teaming up to take down the Batman) to work with.

Yeah, at first I welcome the militia takeover, but after a while playing it (still haven't beaten it, this game is pretty ****in hard for me) I have grown tired of it. I am glad to have the Batmobile but too much of the game is done from the Batmobile. I do like the tank combat, but being stealthy taking down those other tanks while in a tank. Wait, whaaa..??? And overall Arkham Knight is such a boring character to be honest. I mean it's always I'm going to kill you and what happens? He doesn't, of course this is standard stuff but I don't know. he's just so boring and annoying. But you're right that the militia eat up the story too. When people like Two-Face & Penguin really aren't part of it at all, they're just there.

Is it normal that I am spending so much time free roaming (with TDKR skin, that is) and using photo mode? I think I am addicted!

My problem with them using it more comes down to how they used it. [BLACKOUT]I actually like his origin a lot here, however Jason's entire existence comes pretty out of left field and we don't know enough about him as a character before he became the Arkham Knight or even as the Arkham Knight. The most we get for him is that he hates Batman now for replacing him and giving up on him and because of Joker's manipulation. Then, as you said there's the whole militia. Did we even get that explained in the story? I don't believe we did but I may be remembering it wrong. I'm assuming it'll be dealt with in the prequel comic but that is some lazy writing if you have to rely on tie in material. And, as you said, it's just not that interesting. I'd much rather see more of the villain gangs than generic militia at every turn. And don't get me started on the dull, repetitive side mission (Campaign for Disarmament) and tank battles they brought with them. [/BLACKOUT]

If it fits the aesthetics - this is the best Harley outfit.

I've just bought B89 for the NES and Returns and Forever for the SNES...going to binge on them. I did want game based on TAS, but they had none :(

Those bomb disarmament tank battles are tough as hell.

The 50 tanks one in Founders is the stuff of extreme teeth gritting frustration.

The Batmobile is the first thing I maxed out with upgrades so I never felt much frustration with the tank stuff.

I don't even have a problem with them using that storyline, it's the whole militia takeover army invasion nonsense that spoils it for me, especially when it hogs most of the game. It's pretty lazy storytelling, when they had such a great concept (all the villains teaming up to take down the Batman)to work with.

That would have been a rehash of Arkham Origins. And Rocksteady is terrible at making boss fights so it probably would have been executed a lot worse than what we got in Origins.

Man, really is a great to see. Maybe because I grew up watching B:TAS...but this is without a doubt my favorite Harley design. Sucks to see the further away we've moved, collectively in all forms of media she appears in nowadays, from it.

And yeah, she's covered head to toe and this is sexier to me than the other designs that have her showing more skin. Then again, I'm sure someone, somewhere, will overreact to this design and claim it's degrading or something...everything pisses someone off somewhere, somehow, these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"