Batman: Arkham Knight

So I just finished replaying through the game for the first time in years and I have to say, I still think it's underrated in the grand scheme of things. It did a lot of things right. I liked the way they wrapped up the story and it had some genuinely emotional moments. The whole GCPD base is one of my favorite things ever, filling it up more and more as you go along, not just with supervillains and their goons, but all the people you save along the way. I always stopped to talk to them and hear what they thought of what was currently going on.

The biggest problem were the set-ups from City and the way they just kind of got thrown away. The biggest example being Hush. But they kind of already started that back in the DLC for Arkham City. The main game had an easter egg setting up a possible Joker/Harley pregnancy only for the DLC to immediately shut it down again. (I've also heard that didn't make Paul Dini happy, who wasn't involved in the DLC and didn't even know about it until he saw the trailers for it)

Still playing some challenge mode stuff, I absolutely love all the different characters and this is probably my favorite Red Hood design ever!

So I just finished replaying through the game for the first time in years and I have to say, I still think it's underrated in the grand scheme of things. It did a lot of things right. I liked the way they wrapped up the story and it had some genuinely emotional moments. The whole GCPD base is one of my favorite things ever, filling it up more and more as you go along, not just with supervillains and their goons, but all the people you save along the way. I always stopped to talk to them and hear what they thought of what was currently going on.

The biggest problem were the set-ups from City and the way they just kind of got thrown away. The biggest example being Hush. But they kind of already started that back in the DLC for Arkham City. The main game had an easter egg setting up a possible Joker/Harley pregnancy only for the DLC to immediately shut it down again. (I've also heard that didn't make Paul Dini happy, who wasn't involved in the DLC and didn't even know about it until he saw the trailers for it)

Still playing some challenge mode stuff, I absolutely love all the different characters and this is probably my favorite Red Hood design ever!

I only played Arkham Knight for the first time last year and absolutely loved it. If my back log wasn’t so big I absolutely would have tried for the platinum.

Reactions: B
I only played Arkham Knight for the first time last year and absolutely loved it. If my back log wasn’t so big I absolutely would have tried for the platinum.
Arkham Asylum is still the only game from the series I've managed to platinum and even with that one, I'm pretty sure I still have some PTSD from the challenge map 'Shock and Awe (Extreme)'. I didn't even have to look it up, the name is burned into my memory all these years later, haha. I still plan on doing it eventually though.

Also, I just posted in this thread earlier about how the Red Hood design from this game is my favorite ever, and now an eBay seller just sent me a pretty nice offer ($50 off) on the DC Collectibles statue of him from this game and I just couldn't pass up the deal, I'll be sure to post pics when it gets here!

I don't think Arkham Knight is underrated. If anything, Origins is the underrated title and is often treated like a redheaded stepchild.

I still believe Origins was a better designed and executed game than Knight. Arkham City though I think is where the franchise peaked in terms of overall quality.

Arkham Knight could've been close to perfect if they thought through those Batmobile and drone fight sections a little more and created some more satisfying villain confrontations, which the game is lacking.

Also, DC Entertainment lied about Arkham Knight being a completely brand new character and not anyone existing in DC lore.

Last edited:
I love Origins, but in the Arkham fanbase at least it's often viewed as a favorite so I wouldn't say it's too underrated. In terms of the general audience sure, but not when viewed through the fans. I'll admit I have some unpopular opinions within the franchise though, City might be my least favorite (not that it's bad, the worst Arkham game is still better than most other games to me) but I was initially disappointed in it following Asylum, with which the creepy, claustrophobic atmosphere has still yet to be topped. Then again, I played through City sooo many times that I may have just been overexposed to it, haha. It's definitely the one I played through the most times.

I think they tried to be sneaky when saying Arkham Knight was an original character, since technically the 'Arkham Knight' was, it's just that the person behind the mask wasn't. Personally I was more let down with the Black Mask/Joker twist in Origins than I was with the Jason twist.

Anyways, did anybody here ever play Arkham Origins Blackgate? I've been trying it out some, cool to see this versions first meeting of Bruce and Selina, along with Bronze Tiger and some others.

Am I the only one who finds City over rated? Out of the 3 Arkham games I enjoyed it the least.

1. Knight- The combat really hits its peak hear and still looks amazing wish we could get a 4k update for it. 3rd favorite game of all time.

2. City- Takes everthing great from the first game and makes it even better also the best soundtrack of the 4 games. 5th favorite game of all time

3. Origins- Great game but to much like city almost fellt more like a dlc than like a new game or something has just dosnt do a lot new. Love the christmas soundtrack it has. A lot of people rated the game low because they said it was extremely buggy but I guess I am lucky because I had almost no bugs. Hated hated that joker was the villain again fellt forced didnt have a issue with the other 3 like being around joker has it fellt not has forced and also those 3 games where basically about batman and jokers relationship. 10th favorite game of all time.

4. Alsyum- Still really good but kind of hard to play after the other 3 has the game just fells so so limited compared to the other 3 with the smaller world way less combat options and side mission I have no clue how any one can have this above the other ones. Like maybe top 20 game.

I wish Arkham Knight was an original character, instead of a less compelling and less interesting take on Jason Todd that paled in comparison to a dtv animated movie (Under The Red Hood), and had poor writing to set it up (Batman thinks Jason is dead because Joker sends him a tape, and he can't figure out Knight is Jason even though it should've been obvious?).

Am I the only one who finds City over rated? Out of the 3 Arkham games I enjoyed it the least.
You're definitely not the only one, as I said above it's my least favorite one too (and I'm including Origins). But the worst Arkham game is still an Arkham game. There's just something about it, it's hard to describe honestly - it just isn't quite as good.

(Batman thinks Jason is dead because Joker sends him a tape, and he can't figure out Knight is Jason even though it should've been obvious?).
I feel like this problem is gonna get worse when Suicide Squad comes out - somehow somebody was impersonating Floyd Lawton for over a decade and the World's Greatest Detective somehow never found out about it?

I feel a lot people hate on or completely overlook Arkham Origins just because it wasn’t developed by Rocksteady. I personally think it’s a great game and has the best story out of the 4 games.

You're definitely not the only one, as I said above it's my least favorite one too (and I'm including Origins). But the worst Arkham game is still an Arkham game. There's just something about it, it's hard to describe honestly - it just isn't quite as good.

I feel like this problem is gonna get worse when Suicide Squad comes out - somehow somebody was impersonating Floyd Lawton for over a decade and the World's Greatest Detective somehow never found out about it?

Glad it's not just me. I got to the end of City and was just like 'is that it?'

Storywise for sure, the farther the story goes the less fun do i have to be honest.
I was so ready for hugo strange, shoving him aside for Joker and the whole Ra's part...really hurts the overall game imo.

It is why i need so desperatly a new Franchise, i need a proper showcase of what Hugo Strange can do in video game form.

My statue arrived in the mail today, I love it so much! The quality is so goood!

aobukzx8fdp81.jpg

Storywise for sure, the farther the story goes the less fun do i have to be honest.
I was so ready for hugo strange, shoving him aside for Joker and the whole Ra's part...really hurts the overall game imo.

It is why i need so desperatly a new Franchise, i need a proper showcase of what Hugo Strange can do in video game form.

The thing with Arkham City is the story itself for the most part really has nothing to do with Arkham City. Batman tracking down the cure for the majority of the game.....that could have been done in regular Gotham City.

Its a shame because the concept of Arkham City as a prison is so unique and interesting. The stuff they could have done. Gang wars for territory between Penguin, Two Face, and Joker. Strange manipulating and pulling strings on the inmates to control how things play out. There was so many possibilities. Instead we're saddled with Batman running around looking for a cure. Protocol 10 doesn't even become an issue until the end, and even then its not the climax. The Joker standoff in the movie theater for the cure is.

Wasted potential.

The thing with Arkham City is the story itself for the most part really has nothing to do with Arkham City. Batman tracking down the cure for the majority of the game.....that could have been done in regular Gotham City.

Its a shame because the concept of Arkham City as a prison is so unique and interesting. The stuff they could have done. Gang wars for territory between Penguin, Two Face, and Joker. Strange manipulating and pulling strings on the inmates to control how things play out. There was so many possibilities. Instead we're saddled with Batman running around looking for a cure. Protocol 10 doesn't even become an issue until the end, and even then its not the climax. The Joker standoff in the movie theater for the cure is.

Wasted potential.

Yeah. Arkham City feels like a game where they had a solid concept, but didn't have enough faith in their story to actually make it the *story*. Either that, or Executive Meddling said "This is cool, but you know what would be cooler? More Joker!"

Yeah. Arkham City feels like a game where they had a solid concept, but didn't have enough faith in their story to actually make it the *story*. Either that, or Executive Meddling said "This is cool, but you know what would be cooler? More Joker!"
This is a problem I have with all of the sequels, they fail to commit to making a different villain the main villain. Even in Arkham Knight, where Joker is literally dead and burned to ash he manages to have a huge impact on the main story and is a near constant presence until the end of the game.

This is a problem I have with all of the sequels, they fail to commit to making a different villain the main villain. Even in Arkham Knight, where Joker is literally dead and burned to ash he manages to have a huge impact on the main story and is a near constant presence until the end of the game.

That is one of my biggest issues with Arkham Knight. The Joker is CONSTANTLY in your face making commentary on everything. It got stale very fast.

Anyone else enjoy the arcadey race tracks in AK? The Burton ones are great obviously, but the 1960's tracks really are delicious :hehe: they even have a clip of the dynamic duo from the actual show on a loop.

Arkham Knight is getting quite a response in Twitter with many saying it far superior to the current Gotham Knights game coming across as underwhelming.

Anyone else enjoy the arcadey race tracks in AK? The Burton ones are great obviously, but the 1960's tracks really are delicious :hehe: they even have a clip of the dynamic duo from the actual show on a loop.

I think they're OK as DLC content. I grew tired of them for the Riddler parts in the game.

Arkham Knight is getting quite a response in Twitter with many saying it far superior to the current Gotham Knights game coming across as underwhelming.

Haven't played Gotham Knights yet, but the newly overhauled combat looks awful, and it looked like they made the combat boring and not fun. Like they took the worst parts of the combat and edited it together for the footage.

Arkham Knight was good, but it was far from flawless either. The Batmobile integration wasn't well thought out and is annoying. The game kind of ends with a whimper and a thud. It's just not fun and exciting.

The Bat-tank and drone fights grew stupid and tiresome. You are literally stalking a giant tank around Gotham City in the f'n Batmobile. There weren't any great or unique boss fights. Just Batmobile battles. You don't even really get to fight or confront Arkham Knight or Scarecrow for that matter.

I really don’t like Arkham Knight and that’s just because of the Batmobile sequences. I find them unbearable and I haven’t beaten the game because of it.

Arkham City
Arkham Asylum/Arkham Origins (tied)
Arkham Knight

Origins has the best story by far, that could provide a great blueprint for The Batman 2.

Graphics yeah, combat...sure as hell.
Other than that, i dont know.

What i have seen so far, alone Gotham Knights Gotham City, makes AK look like childs play.
What a great looking city that feels so incredible big.

But people were always coming around when it comes to Arkham Knight.
Its a good game, maybe the story lacks a bit...but its still such a beautiful looking and playing game.

What i have seen so far, alone Gotham Knights Gotham City, makes AK look like childs play.
What a great looking city that feels so incredible big.

But people were always coming around when it comes to Arkham Knight.
Its a good game, maybe the story lacks a bit...but its still such a beautiful looking and playing game.

Arkham Knight definitely rules over Gotham Knights. The city in Gotham Knights has zero character. Totally empty and void of life. Combat is like pulling teeth in comparison too.

The internet tells me that today or yesterday(comes down to in which timezone you live) is the 9 year anniversary of Batman Arkham Origins.

So happy anniversary my Favorite Batman game.
It is that time again where i wished we would get a remaster for next gen consoles and or a sequel to it(Or a new continuity done by WBM).

Happy Anniversary you awesome Bastard of a Game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"