Jurassic World: Dominion

A lot of them saying it's a re-hash (what a surprise) and people making stupid decisions (again, could of told them this).

So pumped just a few more weeks!! I really wanted to try and get a marathon in of all 4 films. But I’m pretty busy lately with work and what not. I’ll at the very least get in JW for sure :woot:

It blows my mind the first one was 25 years ago. I feel so old.

Sort of what I was expecting regarding the reviews, if not a tad better. Still excited to see this.

With Bayona directing, I thought we had a serious chance this time at widespread critical acclaim.

Critical acclaim can suck it if it makes bank. That bottom line.

I personally don’t care about widespread critical acclaim. If I enjoy it then I’m happy but that is just my opinion on it. :word:

A lot of them saying it's a re-hash (what a surprise) and people making stupid decisions (again, could of told them this).

Shocker.

This franchise is story-telling garbage right now - definitely won't be seeing this one and never had any desire to.

Just got back from it. It was decent but not a whole lot different to previous films. I liked Pratt and Howard a fair bit more than in JW.

The problem has always been the concept doesn't lend itself to well to continued story telling.

I still hope I will like it. I did not like JW.

I get the feeling I will like this more then JW. But then again, that was JW. Not a high bar. But this definitely looks fun. I know what I am in for, so reviews are what they are.

Second wave of reviews are in and mixed bag from 'best since the original' to 'this will finally make the franchise extinct'.

So same as ever with any review of any film, one's person's view is never the same as anybody else, go see it oneself. There's your review.

Second wave of reviews are in and mixed bag from 'best since the original' to 'this will finally make the franchise extinct'.

So same as ever with any review of any film, one's person's view is never the same as anybody else, go see it oneself. There's your review.
I totally believe all that matters is your own opinion. But I am not big on the, "well that's just reviews" thing. Agree, disagree, completely up to you. But I am not big on the idea that it is all the same with all movies. Because they aren't.

I wasn't a fan of Jurassic World.
I really liked the idea of there finally been a full-fledged dinosaur theme park. It was a GREAT premise for the franchise to return to the big screen, but I don't think they did it justice, and even with the story they ultimately decided to tell, the script and Colin Trevorrow's direction were mostly bland und uninteresting.
Not really a bad movie... but mediocre.

As it should be. I feel the same way too. :)

Yeah man I just seriously cannot be bothered with box office numbers, reviews and RT scores. I find it kinda sad that some fans spend sooooo much time worrying about things like that. Again my own personal view on that but yeah. Some fans live and die by that stuff and I find it so silly.

Anyway you excited for the film man?

I'm beyond excited for this. This will be the first Jurassic Park Movie I've gone to the theater to see since The Lost World. I didn't care much for JPIII, I'll still watch it, but definitely my least favorite. I didn't get the chance to go see JW in theater due to work schedule but I loved JW when I finally got to see it. Chris Pratt and Bryce Howard were a welcome and fresh take on cast.
this film cant be any worse than JPIII in my opinion. Loved what I've seen in the TV spots and trailers so I'm no doubt excited.
But with my current work schedule and children it takes a very special film to catch my attention enough or me to go to the theater to see it these days. Otherwise I wait to see it when it comes out for rental or purchase, so I'm definitely looking forward to getting to go see this one on the big screen.

Last edited:
Yeah man I just seriously cannot be bothered with box office numbers, reviews and RT scores. I find it kinda sad that some fans spend sooooo much time worrying about things like that. Again my own personal view on that but yeah. Some fans live and die by that stuff and I find it so silly.

Agreed 100%, I say that based on being a fan of several different films that have don't well or poorly per those parameters. Haven't cared either way as long as I enjoyed the film.

But back on topic, WOOOOOOO Jurassic World!

Hi.

"Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom" opens in my country this week, 2 weeks earlier than the US.

I don't know why the US is getting such a late release than the rest of the world.

Anyway, I'm planning to watch it tomorrow. Hope the movie is great.

That scene in the trailer with the volcano is my favourite in the film. The 2nd half of the film is fine but I don't know how much I'd want to rewatch it.

That's just because we want sequels and for those sequels to get good budgets. I've had films I've loved do really badly at the box office and it's then game over rather than for eg the MCU where there is now nearly 20 films and we're getting 3 a year and it could just keep going. We wouldn't even be in this thread if the first Jurassic Park had been unpopular with everyone else and done badly at the box office.

That's just because we want sequels and for those sequels to get good budgets. I've had films I've loved do really badly at the box office and it's then game over rather than for eg the MCU where there is now nearly 20 films and we're getting 3 a year and it could just keep going. We wouldn't even be in this thread if the first Jurassic Park had been unpopular with everyone else and done badly at the box office.

I understand the reasoning behind box office numbers and sequels etc. I just personally don’t care though and it’s a non factor to me. I don’t obsess over it and reviews like some do (and I’m not saying you do buddy, just some people in general :up:). I rather just know what I’m into and not into, and what I’m into I’ll go check out and if I enjoy it then awesome :word:

can't wait to see this IT WILL NEVER GET OLD SEEING DINOSAURS
and Bryce is :hmr:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"