• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jurassic World: Dominion

I understand the reasoning behind box office numbers and sequels etc. I just personally don’t care though and it’s a non factor to me. I don’t obsess over it and reviews like some do (and I’m not saying you do buddy, just some people in general :up:). I rather just know what I’m into and not into, and what I’m into I’ll go check out and if I enjoy it then awesome :word:

Yeah. Fair enough :up:

My view of a film is nothing to do with those things anyway. It’s really just the box office that I care about for future prospects. And I still follow the reviews because I love numbers lol (plus if most of the reviews are positive then of course there is more chance the review that a GA guy reads will be positive which could have a knock on effect on box office). If there was no numerical aggregation, which I love tracking for anything, I wouldn’t bother so much except for the reviews I enjoy reading.

I liked JW better. I felt this one had more stupid decision making but I found it to be decent.

I liked JW better. I felt this one had more stupid decision making but I found it to be decent.

Dumber than releasing a T-Rex and then trying to outrun it in heels?

(I know she ultimately pulled this off, but I just remember saying, "SERIOUSLY?" when that happened.)

Back from my viewing. Loved it. Bayona really brought the horror and tension back to Jurassic Park. Also, for fans of the original films, you are gonna LOVE the sheer number of visual parallels he used.

A pretty big complaint I have = Where the hell is the JP theme song?!

Yeah man I just seriously cannot be bothered with box office numbers, reviews and RT scores. I find it kinda sad that some fans spend sooooo much time worrying about things like that. Again my own personal view on that but yeah. Some fans live and die by that stuff and I find it so silly.

Anyway you excited for the film man?

I just watched it man! I LOVED it.

Since there no spoiler thread for this, and I'm not planning on seeing this in theaters, can someone who has seen it tell me or pm me what the world building/twist ending is all about?

I know this film is trying to be the “Dawn of the Planet of the Apes” of “Jurassic”, for it had opportunities to be greater than this stupid franchise and builds itself up to a sequel that has a more interesting concept. Unfortunately due to the lazy writing and retreaded story "Fallen Kingdom" is prevented from being that fun sequel that the predecessor at least was.

"Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom" recycles way too many tropes from its predecessors that it has now become just another tired franchise that keeps finding a way to live.

https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-review

Back from my viewing. Loved it. Bayona really brought the horror and tension back to Jurassic Park. Also, for fans of the original films, you are gonna LOVE the sheer number of visual parallels he used.

I just watched it man! I LOVED it.

Happy to hear you enjoyed it dude :woot: I’m definitely excited to see some of the parallels and little Easter eggs.

Whoa what? They didn't use the theme song?

Dumber than releasing a T-Rex and then trying to outrun it in heels?

(I know she ultimately pulled this off, but I just remember saying, "SERIOUSLY?" when that happened.)

More of people just never learning from the same mistakes.

I do agree with the horror and tension though!

Will this be TLJ of JP?

I think there were hints of it but I wanted it to feature a lot more.

This franchise is tired and stale. Only way I will ever be interested again is if they did a complete reboot with scientifically accurate Dinosaurs

Jurassic Park was never about scientifically accurate dinosaurs. You could make the argument with the first movie and the behavior patterns courtesy of paleontology consultants at the time, but the dinos in JP were never meant to fully represent what real life dinos used to be. Get your head out of the gutter. You have hundreds of documentaries about accurate dinosaurs if you're that desperate to see something.

Dont Listen to the negative Critics because they are Bull###t , This Movie is awesome

This franchise is tired and stale. Only way I will ever be interested again is if they did a complete reboot with scientifically accurate Dinosaurs

Wow, sorry you feel that way. I'm loving this new series. Enough for new ideas and plenty of homage to the original. Hoping this will get at least one more film to wrap up a sequel trilogy or maybe even more. time will tell.

Dont Listen to the negative Critics because they are Bull###t , This Movie is awesome

Great to hear! I've never listened to the critics. I like to form my own opinion, many times with many films I have not agreed with critics.

Jurassic Park was never about scientifically accurate dinosaurs. You could make the argument with the first movie and the behavior patterns courtesy of paleontology consultants at the time, but the dinos in JP were never meant to fully represent what real life dinos used to be. Get your head out of the gutter. You have hundreds of documentaries about accurate dinosaurs if you're that desperate to see something.

Henry Wu explicitly states this point in Jurassic World too. I don't come to Jurassic Park for scientific accuracy. I come to be wow-ed and terrified.

Wow, sorry you feel that way. I'm loving this new series. Enough for new ideas and plenty of homage to the original. Hoping this will get at least one more film to wrap up a sequel trilogy or maybe even more. time will tell.

Me too man. I'm loving the new films, but I really don't know where they will go for the third JW.

From what I saw, fans reactions seems to be much more positive than the critics one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"