Jurassic World: Dominion

Meh, I don't really think the idea of animals as a weapon is all that silly or preposterous.
It's already been done. Bats have been trained or attempted to be as suicide bombers, rats were successfully used as such. Dolphins and seals have been repeatedly used for various reasons and the most obvious of course is a dog. The idea of attempting to train one of the most deadly creatures that possibly could also be one of the smartest doesn't feel that far fetched to me in this day and age. Is it stupid? Yeah, Would someone try it? Yeah...

Not saying these movies have pulled off this concept in a satisfying and interesting manner but the idea could definitely be intriguing.

How many lions do you see used in military situations though? Training and using dogs and dolphins poses significantly less risk than a raptor. For what end? It might kill a few people before being shot and dying like any other animal would. And then you have to consider the ridiculous cost, first for the recently extinct animal itself, and then to keep it fed, treated and contained, and presumably transport it between targets too. Crazy risk and expenditure for a creature that showed some intelligence, but not anything too special. Just doesn't seem practical at all.

I can buy it as a shock and awe tactic, why not. A villain sufficiently eccentric could do something like that. I'd ideally want this franchise to aim higher than that though.

Just rewatched Fallen Kingdom last night, while it definitely has its issues, the strengths of the movie far outweigh them and make it an exceptional Jurassic movie in my eyes. The opening is probably the best opening in the franchise, the Indoraptor brought back this terrifying intelligence that the raptors have been missing since the original, the stuff on the island is a nice throwback to Lost World (the even played the theme of Lost World during similar scenes in both movies when they discover what's really happening, nice touch), the emotional weight of the dinos dying on the island still holds up so well, and then you really feel for the dinos again in the end when you feel like they're about to meet their end. Look, the girl being a clone was definitely a 'wtf' type of reveal here, but that doesn't negate the rest of the movie for me. It's still a W. Oh and Blue taking over the final roar from our favorite t-rex was just beautiful
tumblr_pemmvj8PvB1tmucdto6_400.gifv

Yep, I agree with all of this.

FK is highly enjoyable for me and a good JP film.

Oh god, I feared this. Does it have to be mandatory? :dry:

To be fair, the reference could be as small as something in the background or a quick line.

Yeah, I hope so. I watched the pilot out of curiosity a while ago and I just couldn't get into it.

Jurassic World 3 Trailer Won't Be Releasing For A While

"I don’t know yet, but this is what we’re doing for everyone - hopefully many people will be able to see this as possible. But I promise there will be trailers galore. I just can’t wait for everyone to come and see the movie next year. It’s going to be a blast."

Jurassic World 3 Director Reveals His Favorite Scene In Dominion

You know, for the longest time - this Cretaceous sequence you’re seeing is the thing I was most excited about. So the fact that people get to go see this right now in IMAX is pretty thrilling for me. I’m really fired up about it. And I’m grateful that Universal and everybody were down with doing it, because it’s not just like we’re showing the first five minutes; we’re showing a pretty major piece of what we’re doing. Beyond that, just being able not only to see these characters on-screen again but to be able to really stick the landing with them and understand what they’ve been doing in this world, what they’ve learned, how they’ve changed - all of that I think fans of the franchise will want to come and see. Along with that, just send them on an adventure.

Jurassic World 3 Includes Battle at Big Rock Short Film Events From Different Angle

"Yeah, one is of a Gallimimus in a neighborhood. We wanted that footage to essentially be like an iPhone - someone in the front seat of their car. The second is actually from an alternate angle on the event in Battle at Big Rock, where the Allosaurus flips over the camper van they’re all in, but it’s taken by a neighbor, someone at one of the other camper vans watching the dinosaur flip it over. And the third one is the Mososaurus taking down a crab-fishing boat, because if there’s a Mososaurus out there, you probably shouldn’t be hanging giant crab fishing nets out because they’re delicious."

Jurassic World CC has been a surprisingly good show. I expected it to only be ok and extremely silly. However, the cannon and timeline following the films from Jurassic World to Fallen Kingdom has been amazing and a huge surprise for me.

I have an online friend there who's going to see it in a few hours, yeah. No word on if they're going just for the preview or if they actually want to see F9.

Spoiler pics already out. Confirming what was said. Ugh. Giga and rex didn’t live in the same time not even in the same state .

Spoiler pics already out. Confirming what was said. Ugh. Giga and rex didn’t live in the same time not even in the same state .
These kind of things never bother me. In the back of my mind I just think perhaps its possible that fossil dating was wrong, or they didnt discover the fossils that would date them together etc. Plus I keep an open mind to the fact that some dating changes, Paleo art and information is always updating etc etc. It wont bother me at all.

I mean, yes but also no. Fossil and geological dating methods have been overall pretty reliable for the last few centuries, and when there are errors they're not usually on the magnitude of tens of millions of years and across different continents that weren't connected... There's ways to have written this to keep it accurate -- especially since the producers and seemingly the text of the movie itself made a big thing about how this was supposed the "accurate" portion of the film. I made this the other day because I know it's gonna come in handy at the museum I work at...
Screen_Shot_2021-06-14_at_11.57.17_AM.png

I'm 95% confident they're gonna pull a "genetic memory" thing with the Giganotosaurus-T. rex feud and it'll be extra silly. I don't see how that's essential storytelling, and I don't know why not have the big opening fight just be the T. rex vs a Triceratops, you know, the two most famous dinosaurs everyone knows that actually lived together and have barely shared any screen time in this series. Tell the story of this bad boy:
latest

T. rex is such a chad of a dinosaur even by theropod standards because it was hunting these living tanks, and Triceratops is the only member of its family to have a completely solid frill, probably as a defensive measure against T. rex specifically. The story elements are right there, given by nature...

Moreover, they clearly just reused the models for creatures they had already and tweaked them slightly. I'll give them credit for not making the T. rex feathers look as wrong as they could be, but otherwise it's still wrong.

Spoiler pics, if they're allowed here (they're already all over Twitter):
SPOILER_E4APV4GVcAY6Dc8.png

SPOILER_E4APV4BUUAo0pxU.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"