Jurassic World: Dominion

This is kind of the ultimate dream version of what I expected at the end of The Lost World (though there were some fun T-Rex in the city spots in that, namely kid in his bedroom and T-Rex biting a street light lol).

Ugh. I wish they delayed fast 9 and released this instead
Fast 9 was already in the can and ready for release before the pandemic. Dominion needed the delays because COVID impacted filming and post. They might have been able to release it this year but after seeing some of the leaked footage, I think they made the right call because from what I can see in screenshots, the CGI looks better than anything in the last two movies.

Last edited:
Also is it just me or does Rexy look exactly like her JP1 design in this? It's definitely different in comparison to her previous look in JW and FK.

I’ve always thought the CGI has been great for this franchise. Yes even the JW films. But that’s just me. Everyone’s eyes are different. All of it has always looked great to me. So far even with the leaked stuff this is looking beautiful.

Last edited:
Damn I got massive TLW vibes from that leaked footage which to some might not be a good thing, but I've missed that horror element when it comes to this franchise.

Looks awesome so far though even if its only cam footage and hopefully Trevorrow ends this franchise on a high note after how mixed the reception has been for the previous movies.

I’ve always thought the CGI has been great for this franchise. Yes even the JW films. But that’s just me. Everyone’s eyes are different. All of it has always looked great to me. So far even with the leaked stuff this is looking beautiful.
For the most part, I consider the CGI in Jurassic Park and The Lost World to be near perfect. From JPIII onward, the CGI has been mostly good save for a few instances here and there, like this Ceratosaurus from JPIII:

05CF10411D3A76DDD42D8FA77CFA963DDB86E439

I also thought there were some shots of the T-Rex in Jurassic World that looked a little off but that was improved upon in Fallen Kingdom. What I've noticed in this franchise is the same thing I've noticed in other franchises when it comes to CGI. The more prominent CGI characters (dinosaurs in this case) are always going to look better than the background ones. The aforementioned Ceratosaurus didn't look so great in JPIII but the CGI Spinosaurus model looked great considering it was the main dinosaur in the movie.

For the most part, I consider the CGI in Jurassic Park and The Lost World to be near perfect. From JPIII onward, the CGI has been mostly good save for a few instances here and there, like this Ceratosaurus from JPIII:

05CF10411D3A76DDD42D8FA77CFA963DDB86E439

I also thought there were some shots of the T-Rex in Jurassic World that looked a little off but that was improved upon in Fallen Kingdom. What I've noticed in this franchise is the same thing I've noticed in other franchises when it comes to CGI. The more prominent CGI characters (dinosaurs in this case) are always going to look better than the background ones. The aforementioned Ceratosaurus didn't look so great in JPIII but the CGI Spinosaurus model looked great considering it was the main dinosaur in the movie.

Like I said to each their own and what we all see with our own eyes, looks better for some or worse for some I guess all depends. :up:

Impressive for grainy footage but im really confused what the story can be at this point

Thanks again. I love the way the Dino’s look! I’m officially pumped for this movie. There’s one shot of the T-Rex’s face that gave me goosebumps, it looked so much like the 93 Rexy. The whole vibe and the way it’s shot...looks different than JW.

The footage looks absolutely INSANE and I am all in!

Major TLW vibes and I love it (I have a soft spot for TLW). Rexy looks thicker than in FK as well and I am very happy to see her healthy.

The wait until June 2022 is going to be brutal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"