Jurassic World: Dominion

I want to see Mr. DNA and Miss Minutes have a fight to the death.

**** annoying cartoon exposition characters.

(just kidding)

Opening of the film:

Goldblum is tracking down a trail left by Rexy. He is getting closer and closer. He then slowly walks to the end of the trail.. :

DearestWillingBaiji-size_restricted.gif

(opening logo appears):

JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION.

I definitely wouldn't say the prologue's a waste of money mostly because I think its what any dino fan would want to see in a JP movie. Also, I love the fact that its pretty much a big budget version of Walking with Dinosaurs.

I still remember back in the late 90's and early 2000's how crazy excited I would be when one of those shows would come on and actually those shows along with JP is what really got me into dinosaurs in the first place.

But you see, it's important to establish the 65 million-year blood feud between Rexy and the big bad Giganotosaurus antagonist.

This is actually what I hate in the JW, that they made the dinosaurs like superheroes. We have hero dinosaur and a villain dinosaur. They are animals, I wish they are threated like that and not like superheroes fighting.

Yes, I think showing dinosaurs 65 million years ago has been every fan’s dream since the original.

The Mr. DNA video but for real.
It being a waste of budget isn't even the worst part. The worst part is they made the dinosaurs in the flashback look like the fake lab grown dinosaurs in the present. Its like Treverrow forgot the scene in JW that points out that none of the present day dinosaurs are real dinosaurs. They're spliced with other animals. If they were going to waste the budget on a flashback that doesn't serve the characters or plot they could have at least shown how different the real dinosaurs were.

This is actually what I hate in the JW, that they made the dinosaurs like superheroes. We have hero dinosaur and a villain dinosaur. They are animals, I wish they are threated like that and not like superheroes fighting.
It is pretty funny to me that Rexy in particular has pretty much only killed bad or, at the very least, sleazy people across Jurassic Park, Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom.

It being a waste of budget isn't even the worst part. The worst part is they made the dinosaurs in the flashback look like the fake lab grown dinosaurs in the present. Its like Treverrow forgot the scene in JW that points out that none of the present day dinosaurs are real dinosaurs. They're spliced with other animals. If they were going to waste the budget on a flashback that doesn't serve the characters or plot they could have at least shown how different the real dinosaurs were.
Uh, I don't think we watched the same prologue. We had
an Oviraptor with feathers, the prehistoric T-Rex had feathers to it, not sure how they could have made the Triceratops different, and Quetzalcoatlus looked scientifically accurate. I could definitely agree on Giganotosaurus' look, but the other dinosaurs definitely were distinguishable from InGen's. At least from an HD cam rip I've seen other than the blurry one where you can't tell any details apart.

Yes, I think showing dinosaurs 65 million years ago has been every fan’s dream since the original.

The Mr. DNA video but for real.

John Hammond: This score is only temporary. It all has very dramatic music, of course. "Rum pum pum." A little march or something that hasn't been written yet and then, of course, (Hammond clicks a button on a remote) the tour moves on...

Also I loved the little bit of Giacchino’s score we hear during this preview. He’s done a great job for the JW films so far. Can’t wait to hear the full score.

One thing I've learned over the years and especially reading various threads on this forum.
You cant please everyone.... But, for me, this is looking pretty amazing so far!

One thing I've learned over the years and especially reading various threads on this forum.
You cant please everyone.... But, for me, this is looking pretty amazing so far!

Yeah man sometimes gotta just tune out the constant negativity. Remember the ignore list comes in handy :up:

That flashback seems like pointless use of budget.

This sequence is a perfect illustration of my continuing frustration with old Trevs and his bizarre story choices. I think as an opening sequence it's quite a clever idea to show dinosaurs in the past to contrast with their existence in the present. It is a fun introduction back in to the world of Jurassic Park and the status quo as Dominion opens.

But I also think Melpardus is bang on the money and the scene is also going to introduce a silly dinosaur feud between two random species as a silly side plot, more groan inducing stuff that just isn't necessary. But I'll refrain from suggesting more intelligence should be used because I'm aware that is the unpopular opinion in this thread.

Uh, I don't think we watched the same prologue. We had
an Oviraptor with feathers, the prehistoric T-Rex had feathers to it, not sure how they could have made the Triceratops different, and Quetzalcoatlus looked scientifically accurate. I could definitely agree on Giganotosaurus' look, but the other dinosaurs definitely were distinguishable from InGen's. At least from an HD cam rip I've seen other than the blurry one where you can't tell any details apart.

I mean...
  • Oviraptor has some sort of feathers, but they're not the pennaceous kind that they should have with wings and a proper tail fan. Also the tail is waaaay too long. Moreover, we've never seen it in the franchise before as far as I know, so while it contrasts with the scaly look of the series, it's not a species-to-species reference point. The audience could just read it as "Oh, that one has feathers but not the other ones we've seen before."
  • "Real" T. rex should look subtly but noticeably different via body proportions and skull shape. The main thing is how lanky the franchise rex has always looked compared to the real animal. An elephant-level covering of downy feathers is most likely at this point if the animal was actually feathered; the movie design is an overcorrection that came like 5-10 years too late.
  • Triceratops (which isn't in the preview as far as I know and/or saw, that was Nasutoceratops) and all the other ceratopsians that have appeared in this franchise are by far the ugliest and most off-looking designs, as much as people have historically harped on the raptors. This goes as far back as the first movie, which was actually making some efforts to be accurate. But this:
    jurassic_world_fallen_kingdom__triceratops_by_sonichedgehog2_dc9dwcu-fullview.png

looks nothing like this:
    cindy-raggo-trike4.jpg

• I gave credit to the Quetzalcoatlus already; Dreadnoughtus actually looks pretty good too, although I couldn't tell if they got the feet right or just gave them elephant feet like the other sauropods. Probably the latter given the track record.

You know there's
an evil raptor squad too, right? Not sure how much focus Blue will get in this one but I assume there's gonna be an arc between she and them. And it's not even like a thematic "accurate vs clone" type of thing either, since the evil raptors (confirmed to be Deinonychus just to bolster the dinosaur roster, even though the raptors in these movies have always been Deinonychus in all but name only) look like even blander versions of your typical Jurassic Park raptor.

It is pretty funny to me that Rexy in particular has pretty much only killed bad or, at the very least, sleazy people across Jurassic Park, Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom.
T. rex as a whole really takes a lot of L's in this series, for as much spotlight as it gets. I don't really care one way or another, but it is amusing. Rexy herself I wouldn't mind actually dying in this movie. It's just interesting how little they've done with her as a character despite being the face of the franchise.

Last edited:
I mean...
  • Oviraptor has some sort of feathers, but they're not the pennaceous kind that they should have with wings and a proper tail fan. Also the tail is waaaay too long. Moreover, we've never seen it in the franchise before as far as I know, so while it contrasts with the scaly look of the series, it's not a species-to-species reference point. The audience could just read it as "Oh, that one has feathers but not the other ones we've seen before."
  • "Real" T. rex should look subtly but noticeably different via body proportions and skull shape. The main thing is how lanky the franchise rex has always looked compared to the real animal. An elephant-level covering of downy feathers is most likely at this point if the animal was actually feathered; the movie design is an overcorrection that came like 5-10 years too late.
  • Triceratops (which isn't in the preview as far as I know and/or saw, that was Nasutoceratops) and all the other ceratopsians that have appeared in this franchise are by far the ugliest and most off-looking designs, as much as people have historically harped on the raptors. This goes as far back as the first movie, which was actually making some efforts to be accurate. But this:
    jurassic_world_fallen_kingdom__triceratops_by_sonichedgehog2_dc9dwcu-fullview.png

looks nothing like this:
    latest

• I gave credit to the Quetzalcoatlus already; Dreadnoughtus actually looks pretty good too, although I couldn't tell if they got the feet right or just gave them elephant feet like the other sauropods. Probably the latter given the track record.
I was pointing out how Marvolo's point about the prehistoric dinos looking exactly the same as InGen's didn't make sense, not necessarily on the accuracy of how they looked in comparison to real life. :oldrazz:

I was pointing out how Marvolo's point about the prehistoric dinos looking exactly the same as InGen's didn't make sense, not necessarily on the accuracy of how they looked in comparison to real life. :oldrazz:
Well I mean a lot of the "returning" cast (if you will) from prior films are just the same models, some with a small tweak or two, like the T. rex, so I think Marvolo's point stands.

DETAILS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"