Last Lounge in Soho

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea 44 is all anyone really needs to get a true understanding of life.

@Perfect Cell , when you get to Brazil, make sure you watch the Final Cut (142 mins). The studio cut (aka the "Love Conquers All" version) was a dramatically different beast that just...sucked.

@Perfect Cell , when you get to Brazil, make sure you watch the Final Cut (142 mins). The studio cut (aka the "Love Conquers All" version) was a dramatically different beast that just...sucked.

Is there a way to tell which version is the one that's available to rent on things like YouTube and AppleTV?

Edit: The runtime on that one is 131 minutes.

Is there a way to tell which version is the one that's available to rent on things like YouTube and AppleTV?

Edit: The runtime on that one is 131 minutes.
Ew yeah, that's the one to avoid.

EDIT: Oh wait, I can't read. I thought that read an hour and a half, lol. Yeah I think the 131 min one is the original director's cut, which is ok.

Ew yeah, that's the one to avoid.

EDIT: Oh wait, I can't read. I thought that read an hour and a half, lol. Yeah I think the 131 min one is the original director's cut, which is ok.

So the ****ty version is much shorter? Because this one is 11 minutes shorter than the runtime you first mentioned.

So the ****ty version is much shorter? Because this one is 11 minutes shorter than the runtime you first mentioned.
Yeah, there was the Sid Sheinberg edit for the studio, dubbed the "Love Conquers All" cut, that's about 94 minutes. And that has an alternate ending and is generally trash. Then there was the version Gilliam cut for American theaters, and that's the 132-minute version. That one's not definitive, but it at least has the right ending. So that's the one on iTunes, I believe. The best version is the "final director's cut" that was released in Europe, which is about 10 minutes longer. That version's on the Criterion release I know, and is generally considered the definitive version, but the original Gilliam cut's not bad at all iirc.

i didnt miss the no holds barred viewing did i

Yeah, there was the Sid Sheinberg edit for the studio, dubbed the "Love Conquers All" cut, that's about 94 minutes. And that has an alternate ending and is generally trash. Then there was the version Gilliam cut for American theaters, and that's the 132-minute version. That one's not definitive, but it at least has the right ending. So that's the one on iTunes, I believe. The best version is the "final director's cut" that was released in Europe, which is about 10 minutes longer. That version's on the Criterion release I know, and is generally considered the definitive version, but the original Gilliam cut's not bad at all iirc.

I'm probably going to go with the YouTube version, since it's 10x cheaper. But at least I know I'm getting something close enough to the "definitive" version. If I like it, I could get the Criterion version, provided Amazon doesn't sell out of the three copies they have left. It'll hang in there.

I'm trusting you with Dark Crystal. Because I just watched Beastmaster, and it may be one of mankind's most awful crimes. I liked when the bird people showed up to drink everyone and save the day, though.

1. ET
2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
3. Young Frankenstein
4. Dragonslayer
5. Excalibur
6. The Beastmaster

I'm trusting you with Dark Crystal. Because I just watched Beastmaster, and it may be one of mankind's most awful crimes. I liked when the bird people showed up to drink everyone and save the day, though.

1. ET
3. Young Frankenstein
4. Dragonslayer
5. Excalibur
6. The Beastmaster
Aw, I loved Beastmaster back in the day. Marc Singer was so hawt. :p

Aw, I loved Beastmaster back in the day. Marc Singer was so hawt. :p
I like the movie too, and my wife things he's hot also. I met him at a con and had him sign a pic from it to her. One of the best parts about the movie for me was Tanya Roberts. A note for he guys out her....the DVD has an interesting easter egg on it with her.
You still need to see Tammy and the T-Rex.
SHOWTIME has the UNCUT version on their ON DEMAND services. I've watched it, but not the cut version, so don't know the differences.

The uncut version has all the gore that they took out originally.

1. ET
3. Young Frankenstein
4. Dragonslayer
5. Excalibur
6. The Beastmaster

Beastmaster may or may not have been 100x better when i was 7.

@flickchick85 big guns? YOU WANT BIG GUNS?

Beastmaster may or may not have been 100x better when i was 7.

@flickchick85 big guns? YOU WANT BIG GUNS?

Either way, I watched Dark Crystal, and that movie was rad. Jim Henson was a madman, I'm sure of this now. Dark Crystal has the creativity of the insane, and that's what I like about it. I enjoyed the Muppet game of thrones at the beginning. All disputes should be settled with Trial by Stone. It just makes sense. Now I want to watch the Netflix series, but I see that it was cancelled after one season. Does that mean it has an incomplete ending?

1. ET*
2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind*

3. The Dark Crystal
4. Young Frankenstein
5. Dragonslayer
6. Excalibur
7. The Beastmaster

*Behold! For these are Flick's Picks!

Last edited:
No Holds Barred is going to change your life.

Either way, I watched Dark Crystal, and that movie was rad. Jim Henson was a madman, I'm sure of this now. Dark Crystal has the creativity of the insane, and that's what I like about it. I enjoyed the Muppet game of thrones at the beginning. All disputes should be settled with Trial by Stone. It just makes sense. Now I want to watch the Netflix series, but I see that it was cancelled after one season. Does that mean it has an incomplete ending?

1. ET
3. The Dark Crystal
4. Young Frankenstein
5. Dragonslayer
6. Excalibur
7. The Beastmaster
I would just like it to be duly noted that your top two are the only two so far from my list. Just for when we get around to deciding who gave the best list. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"