• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Last Lounge in Soho

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Top Gun, and it's everything a movie should be. The music, the ridiculously over-the-top characters, the sexually charged volleyball... it's like high school all over again. I had no interest in Maverick, but now I'm here for it. Also, I know they said the Russians denied the skirmish happened, but they openly attacked a rescue mission convoy. How is that not World War 3?

Only Dirty Dancing remains until No Holds Barred.

1. ET*
2. Top Gun
3. Close Encounters of the Third Kind*
4. The Dark Crystal
5. Brazil
6. Young Frankenstein
7. Dragonslayer
8. Excalibur
9. The Beastmaster

*Behold! For these are Flick's Picks!

Last edited:
TG was never my jam despite being an 80's kid.

I remember all through the 90's the Navy recruiters coming to my high school and literally their pitch to dumb **** kids was showing them Top Gun on video.

Simpsons called it:

I've never seen a military recruiter in my life. But our military also only has about 11 people and 2 jets we bought used from you.

I've never seen a military recruiter in my life. But our military also only has about 11 people and 2 jets we bought used from you.
Don't sell your boys and girl in uniform short.

Lots of repected Canadian badasses out there.

Defendo - Wikipedia

But yeah... In hindsight as an American you can see that maybe, just maybe... That whole Military Industrial Complex criticism is on to something when you're like "They regularly brought in armed forces recruiters that used the lowest common denominator pitch to teenagers about signing up for jobs in the military and we never think about it".

And some of us... need to learn how to use GIFs

what you need? i got all sorts of wonderful toys.

feather dominator would be a good name for a chicken processing plant.

or maybe the less violent pillow factory.

Violent use of pillows is up a whopping 90% from this time last year.

Or an assertive type who knows how to have a good time with a quill.

Don't sell your boys and girl in uniform short.

Lots of repected Canadian badasses out there.

Defendo - Wikipedia

But yeah... In hindsight as an American you can see that maybe, just maybe... That whole Military Industrial Complex criticism is on to something when you're like "They regularly brought in armed forces recruiters that used the lowest common denominator pitch to teenagers about signing up for jobs in the military and we never think about it".

Poking fun at our ramshackle military is one of Canada's favourite pastimes. We don't really have that same mentality where we venerate our armed forces as defenders of truth and liberty throughout the universe. We view them more as peacekeepers doing a job.

I mean, some Canadians do the whole "support our troops or get out" thing, but it's not as prevalent.

And some of us... need to learn how to use GIFs

It's very simple. All you need to do is open Krypton's Imgur link, take the URL, add .mp4 to the end and "i." before imgur.com, and it works. Super straightforward and not at all a pain in the ass to see a falcon get attacked by a man in a sand suit.

or the feather dominator could be a de-plucker... like the SUCK CUT

problem is if it was plucking too hard it might take the skin... god knows skinless chicken is the devils meat.

or the feather dominator could be a de-plucker... like the SUCK CUT

It would be more humane to suck the chicken's will to live before the next part.

One day they'll breed the chickens without the feathers... Or the skin.

That will be the day God calls us all home.

So... Dirty Dancing... Um... Bit of an age gap there, huh? Maybe don't be so quick to shake his hand at the end there, guy from Law & Order.

...I thought they were just going to be dancing...

Also, fun fact: this movie came out the day before I was born.

1. ET*
2. Top Gun
3. Close Encounters of the Third Kind*
4. The Dark Crystal
5. Brazil
6. Young Frankenstein
7. Dirty Dancing*
8. Dragonslayer
9. Excalibur
10. The Beastmaster

*Behold! For these are Flick's Picks!

I don't think I've ever seen a cleaner shot of the ship at the start of Predator.

I'm noticing that this really looks like they took pains to match the full size mock up of the Pred ship in Predator 2.

avp2-ship02.jpg

p2-ship01.jpg

behold flicks picks! the most obvious of picks!

waittttt tonight is Over the Top :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back