Lounge of Justice - Part 90

I mean that is wrong but at least the words are spelled correctly I guess.

Glen-Powell-hal-jordan-758x426.jpg

Very excited for 'Prey' this week. I hope this is successful enough that it launches a franchise in a way. Predator fights samurai. Predator fights them vikings etc. Amber Midthunder has great legs as well. Hope this gives her a better spotlight.

1457984402-giphy-5.gif

Very excited for 'Prey' this week. I hope this is successful enough that it launches a franchise in a way. Predator fights samurai. Predator fights them vikings etc. Amber Midthunder has great legs as well. Hope this gives her a better spotlight.

1457984402-giphy-5.gif
upload_2022-8-3_21-15-0.pngupload_2022-8-3_21-15-12.png

Well it's definitely looking good so far

Are the ratings good because it is a Hulu release? I gotta think critics will be kinder because of that...

go watch Prey.
it's the best Predator movie since the original. the best sequel bar none.

A local guy who is involved in film tracking in Hollywood was on a show I listen to and he was asked about the Batgirl situation. Now admittedly he is not a fan of streaming and openly mocks the Netflix model (btw everything he has said has come true about it) but that is not painting his answer on why he thinks this happened. He didn't get deep into details but between the supposedly bad testing of Batgirl and the fact that to fix what needed fixing was going to likely cost another $20-30 million for a film that had no chance at a theatrical release and that that was suicide. Basically said that between the money lost on the COVID Slate and the money thrown at these "HBO Max exclusives" that WB was looking at billions in losses (he said they lost over a billion on the Slate and pumped at least as much in small projects after the fact with no way to recoup it) and Zazlov is not tied to streaming as much anyways for these types of productions because the money is just too small. If all that had been handled better Batgirl likely survives but they will make more canning it than they would putting it on Max and right now they need stuff off the books. (somewhere Mel Brooks is proud!) From the sounds of it Kilar and the previous power team was just burning money hoping against hope it would lead to Max covering for the red ink. Of course the problem is they also botched the Max launch in epic fashion so...

I have no idea if Zazlov is a good guy to have in charge, he might flame out in ridiculous fashion but one thing is for sure, he isn't going to just sit around and let amateurs try and set money on fire in hopes of heating up the box office.

go watch Prey.
it's the best Predator movie since the original. the best sequel bar none.

Prey was good, but not the best since the og. That spot still remains for 'Predators'. Still, a very solid chapter in this new era.

The Sandman

A few episodes in...yeah, this is my jam so far. Emo looking lead who looks like Robert Pattinon and Robert Smith had a baby aside. Only seen Jenna Coleman in pics/gifs before, she is hnnngh, but also a good actress. We shall see.

Ok I'm 20 minutes into prey...i dig the story but the cgi is just atrocious. Between the snake and the lion I'm laughing because deep fakes look better than this. This is cgi mustache removal bad and I'm not joking.

I get this is a Hulu release but I saw better cgi on TV shows on SyFy 15 years ago. If this was released in theaters it would bomb spectacularly and be the joke of the summer.

Edit: 40 minutes in and they gotta be kidding right? That bear is amazingly pathetic! The critics that liked this were either stoned, drunk or bribed. At least Sharknado didn't pretend to be what it wasn't.

I'm in full on hate watch mode now...even Pedator 2 looks good compared to this.

Double edit: hahaha you have got to be kidding me! Predators is ten times the film this is. 5/10 would never watch again.

Last edited:
She is the only redeeming value of the film...her and the brother though he was meh. The French Fur Traders...good god. The Predator looked cool but the
shooting arrows
bit was contrived since he flew there in a frigging space ship!!

This reminds me of the old made for TV ripoff films that would show up on SyFy or even Fox back in the day. (They can be found on demand now or on streaming) Same basic story, same plot points, no real stars and no money put into effects. I mean my god even the Predator effects look terrible and that has been a thing since like '87! When they are running in the field it's like a bad paint job on the rapter scene in Jurassic Park 2/3.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though :)

A local guy who is involved in film tracking in Hollywood was on a show I listen to and he was asked about the Batgirl situation. Now admittedly he is not a fan of streaming and openly mocks the Netflix model (btw everything he has said has come true about it) but that is not painting his answer on why he thinks this happened. He didn't get deep into details but between the supposedly bad testing of Batgirl and the fact that to fix what needed fixing was going to likely cost another $20-30 million for a film that had no chance at a theatrical release and that that was suicide. Basically said that between the money lost on the COVID Slate and the money thrown at these "HBO Max exclusives" that WB was looking at billions in losses (he said they lost over a billion on the Slate and pumped at least as much in small projects after the fact with no way to recoup it) and Zazlov is not tied to streaming as much anyways for these types of productions because the money is just too small. If all that had been handled better Batgirl likely survives but they will make more canning it than they would putting it on Max and right now they need stuff off the books. (somewhere Mel Brooks is proud!) From the sounds of it Kilar and the previous power team was just burning money hoping against hope it would lead to Max covering for the red ink. Of course the problem is they also botched the Max launch in epic fashion so...

I have no idea if Zazlov is a good guy to have in charge, he might flame out in ridiculous fashion but one thing is for sure, he isn't going to just sit around and let amateurs try and set money on fire in hopes of heating up the box office.
I'm really hoping he will get films made that the majority actually want.
Superman
GL
Dr Fate
Power Girl
Spectre
Jay garrick Flash.
Lex origin film.
New Gods And Darkseid.
Monitor and anti monitor
Crisis 1 and 2.

What majority...he isn't going to make it because we want it made he is going to do it cause it will make money. And sorry but most of those will not be on the table. Of the ones you name I could see Dr. Fate if Black Adam does well, Superman and GL. The rest are a pipe dream imho.

Last night dinner with my lady and some friends.

I could drink 4- 5 beers back to back and not have the room spin on me. Same thing with whiskey. But! Had me about 4 glasses ( but i'm told i practically drank the whole damn bottle by myself.) of the expensive bubbly, and the room was spinning me around, like a record baby. I'm usually a bit of a stiff when it comes to dancing, but I was loose baby.

Last night dinner with my lady and some friends.

I could drink 4- 5 beers back to back and not have the room spin on me. Same thing with whiskey. But! Had me about 4 glasses ( but i'm told i practically drank the whole damn bottle by myself.) of the expensive bubbly, and the room was spinning me around, like a record baby. I'm usually a bit of a stiff when it comes to dancing, but I was loose baby.

Yeah I'm the same way. Champagne goes right to my head!

Glad you liked it flick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"