Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

I see the "controversy" with the die hard fanboys...but outside of that? I dont think it'd be that big to change her costume a bit. Her "original" outfit would be fine though (of course she'd likely wear pants). The boobs....likely wont make the transition but of course it wasnt an "original" thing for either if I remember correctly.
showcase-97-power-girl-joe-staton-art.jpg
No, She could wear the shorts. Don't absoulutely need the boob window. Could be a nice guest role for Laura Vandervoort or Claire Holt.

I thought this one was a return to form after a couple of "assembling" episodes that were a bit of a letdown after the initial strong start to the series. The intrasquad squabbling was very realistic and well done. And the fight scenes and costuming in particular were top notch. I loved Beth's Dr. Midnight suit, which was considered outdated in my younger days but looked quite sharp in live action.

Looks good! But I hate that she isnt wearing a mask.

Best fight scene we have this year in a superhero series.
Cool that Wildcat and Tigress fought it out. Ted Grant and Paula Brooks were Golden Age enemies.

As for future guest or recurring characters.
I would to see Ma Hunkle as the caretaker of the JSA HQ.
And her granddaughter become Cyclone.

MaHunkleCyclone.jpg

Knowing nothing about these heroes/villains, can someone spoil me who the janitor is meant to be ?

The show is getting better and better. Stargirl was beginning to become cocky and felt like she can handle everything herself so I'm glad that she utterly outclassed by Cindy as she needed to be humbled. I guess from now she will probably listen to Pat more and be more of team player. Her being impulsive is a major flaw she has to overcome and that she has to think before she acts.

I thought Cindy was a one dimensional mean girl type character but I was surprised by how complex she is and deep down she wants to be accepted as she clearly doesn't fit in high school despite her popularity while her father doesn't take take her seriously. The fight scene towards the end was awesome.

Knowing nothing about these heroes/villains, can someone spoil me who the janitor is meant to be ?
The janitor is most likely the Shining Knight (real name Sir Justin) as episode 11 is called Shining Knight and that he has a British accent as well as an Arthurian sword

Man do I love the fight choreography in this show. I wasn't sure we would get another top notch fight scene so quickly after how awesome the end battle was in the last episode, but they have truly outdone themselves once again IMO. Such an awesome sequence, especially that dope 360 shot of Cindy and Stargirl going at it. Another highlight in this episode was definitely seeing the family dynamic between Dragon King and Cindy. This whole time I was sure Dragon King was the most dangerous villain in this show, but nope his daughter might be even scarier and more dangerous than he is which was interesting to see and now we know why she is the way she is.

It's also cool seeing them not shy away from Courtney faults either, because even she can be kind of selfish and cocky at times despite her good intentions.

Courtney getting her ass kicked was expected but welcome, lol. I love her, but she needed that.

Despite being a DC fan, I've never really gotten into the JSA at all, and I actually kinda love having no idea who a lot of these heroes and villains are when they show up. Very interested in seeing what's up with the janitor guy.

Courtney getting her ass kicked was expected but welcome, lol. I love her, but she needed that.

Despite being a DC fan, I've never really gotten into the JSA at all, and I actually kinda love having no idea who a lot of these heroes and villains are when they show up. Very interested in seeing what's up with the janitor guy.

I really like the character as well, but Courtney definitely needed a reality check and that's exactly what happened, although its not the first time considering she just got put in her place the last episode which makes me think she just hasn't learned yet, but hopefully she will get there before the end of this season. I also love the fact that I know close to nothing about the JSA either and because of that I have no idea what to expect next which is refreshing every once in a while when it comes to all these superhero shows and movies.

Agreed...I like the character, but she had that coming. lol

I read more Marvel comics growing up than DC, but I enjoyed both (still do), and have always loved the Justice League and the Justice Society. I remember DC would do a crossover/team-up between the two at least once a year when I was young.

I'm enjoying this show so much, especially discovering all of the easter eggs that they pack into each episode.

This is one of the shows that my family gets together to watch. It has been fun because my youngest son, who is 12, loves the Golden Age and is a big fan of the JSA, so he has schooled his old man in who some of these characters are.

I have been on a kick of reading old Nightwing comics this past month, as well as Dick Grayson’s tenure leading the JLA. I never noticed how many times his comics have crossovers with the JSA. He even poached Liberty Belle/Jesse Quick from the JSA when he led the Justice League. This show has made reading those comics more fun as well.

I just started to read some of the old JSA comics that were written by Geoff Johns and they're pretty good. I feel this show captures the spirit from those comics as Geoff Johns is behind this show and you can tell that he has genuine love for the DC Golden Age heroes.

As much as I'm thoroughly enjoying this show, does anything ponder whether they're introducing too many characters too quickly? We've got the foundation of our new, younger Justice Society and our older, more unhinged Injustice Society but I'm thinking ahead here.

I don't particularly want the children of the ISA to (come season wrap) take over from their parents, because their parents have still got a lot going for them, and I'd very much like for them (most of them anyway) to be a reoccurring theme for this show; similar to how Thawne is in the Flash, or how Tobias Whale is in Black Lightning.

We've obviously still got heroes and villains to meet; I'll be damned if we don't get another Green Lantern come into the equation during Season 2, and there's a whole host of other heroes they could potentially introduce (Citizen Steel and Vixen wouldn't be half bad additions, as they existed within the Earth-1 (now Earth-Prime) JSA).

I'd love to see a JSA Flash and Hawkman/girl, but I don't quite see how their mantles can be passed along like the current ones, so maybe we'll be done without them. I'm just thinking, we're only seven episodes in, we've met all the villains, and we're already working on assembling the team (though training is obviously needed). We've even met some of the ISA kids, some of which we know will become evil if they aren't already, others may make a surprise turnaround and join the JSA.

The series is very good.

Its kinda ironic given all the hoopla and attention CW gave to Batwoman , that this under the radar, much lighter, and smaller scale series, is the one that's universally liked and embraced.
I think the problem with Batwoman is its bland and the writers have little respect for the main character. While Stargirl is more fun and everything from the actions sequences to the costumes has been on point. Also there is genuine love and respect for the source material from the writers/producers of Stargirl while I can't say the same thing for Batwoman.

This is definitely far superior to Batwoman, and also more fun than many of the other CW shows.

I was thinking when Cindy was secretly watching the Injustice Society having their meeting that it reminded me of Runaways where all the parents were supervillains. Except here, she's a supervillain herself and also knows about it. It's not like the Injustice Society are like the Pride.

Also, won't Cindy now know that Stargirl is Courtney? Pat Dugan was calling out her name as he was looking for her and was coming her way. Didn't Cindy also hear Courtney talking during the battle? Surely now she would reveal her identity to everyone in the same way that she posted the nude pics of Yolanda to everyone's phone during her speech. There's no way she would keep it to herself, because she probably wouldn't be like that in high school, unlike someone like Lex Luthor who would keep Kara's identity secret for his own strategic reasons.

I see that Mike Dugan is actually resentful of Courtney spending time with his father, and that he is also possessive of him, which seems natural and typical of a blended family.

Also, what are the chances of getting Owen Wilson in a guest appearance as Stripsey's brother?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"