Street Fighter V

Four of the characters in Season 3 have been revealed. They're Sakura, Sagat, Blanka and Cody. I take it the other two will be new. Sakura will be the first one to be released.

[YT]WABWyJ45XCo[/YT]

Arcade Edition Opening Cinematic

[YT]3l4mux-seHI[/YT]

thanks you two I'm just puting up the written Updated details

oh and rashad I'm making another thread for the collection but the video credit goes to you so I'll put ou up in qoute inthe thread.

PlayStation 4, PC
[FONT=&quot]Street Fighter V Season 3 Character Pass adds Sakura, Blanka, Falke, Cody, G, and Sagat; Sakura launches January 16 [Update][/FONT]

Published 2 hours ago. 21 comments.

Plus, watch the cinematic opening for Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition.

SFV-Sakura_12-10-17.jpg

The Season 3 Character Pass for Street Fighter V will add Sakura, Blanka, Falke, Cody, G, and Sagat to the roster of playable characters, Capcom announced. Sakura will be the first to launch alongside the release of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition on January 16, 2018.
Here is a brief overview of Sakura, via the PlayStation Blog:
Coming up first is the exuberant youth herself, Sakura! Making her first appearance in Street Fighter Alpha 2, she has now graduated from high school and searches for a deeper meaning of life, all the while continuing to challenge her rival, Karin, and her idol, Ryu. This time, Sakura has a few new moves in addition to her signature emulation of Ryu’s playstyle.
All of the updates included with Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will also be added to the base version of Street Fighter V, which is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC, via a free update. Read more about Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition here. If you missed it earlier this week, read up on each character’s new V-Trigger IIs here.
Watch a trailer for Sakura and the cinematic opening for Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition below. View the first screenshots of Sakura at the gallery.
Sakura Trailer

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Cinematic Opening

Update 10:40 p.m.: Here are some more details on Sakura, via Capcom Unity:
First appearing in Street Fighter Alpha 2, Ryu’s number one fan returns to the series with a new outlook on life. After graduating high school, Sakura now works part-time at an arcade, but wonders what decisions she needs to make in order to be satisfied with her future.
This time, Sakura has a new move, Tengyo Hadoken, where she fires a fireball diagonally into the air that can act as an anti-air. In addition, her V-System that is detailed below gives her more tools to open up opponents. Overall, Sakura’s fighting style remains similar to her past appearances as she pummels opponents with flurries of quick attacks along with her trademark Hadoken, Shouoken, and Shunpukyaku.
V-Skill: Haru Kaze
Sakura leaps into the air towards the opponent, which can then be followed up by three different options. Hitting punch will result in one of her signature moves, Sakura Otoshi, which can be pressed up to three times to continue the combo. Following up with a kick will trigger Oukakyaku, a forward flip that can act as a divekick. Finally, pressing throw (LP+LK) after Haru Kaze will result in Kashinfu, a command grab that that sees Sakura using her opponent as a spring board to jump back.
V-Trigger I: Haru Arashi
Upon activation, Sakura’s fists are enveloped by blue energy that powers up Hadoken and Tengyo Hadoken, giving them both an additional hit. Landing a hit will also cause your opponent to be put into a juggle state giving you an opportunity to land additional attacks. She can also press HP+HK again to use Hogasho, a powerful palm thrust.
V-Trigger II: Sakura Senpu
This time, Sakura’s fists and feet become enveloped by blue energy that powers up Shouoken and Shunpukyaku. Landing a hit will send your opponent flying into the air where you can cancel into V-Skill to follow up with either Sakura Otoshi or Oukakyaku. Both moves are improvements to their EX version and can be performed up to four times before Sakura Senpu ends.
Critical Art: Sakura Rain
Sakura’s Critical Art draws inspiration from her past Super Combos. If used away from the opponent, it will only be a high-damaging Hadoken. However, if Sakura can land this Critical Art right next to the opponent, it’ll go into a special animation that deals significantly more damage.
Kasugano Residence
With as long as Sakura’s been around, there’s a great deal of nostalgia with her return to Street Fighter. We’ve decided to tug on those strings even more by adding her classic stage, Kasugano Residence, into Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition complete with her adorable dog and younger brother, Tsukushi.

visit gallery »

source: Gematsu

PlayStation 4, PC
[FONT=&quot]Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition details ‘Extra Battle’ mode, changes in earning Fight Money[/FONT]
Published 10 hours ago. 33 comments.
Complete challenges to earn crossover costumes.

Capcom has detailed the new “Extra Battle” mode being added to Street Fighter V alongside the release of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, as well as changes in ways to earn Fight Money, and more.
Get the details below.
How Extra Battles Work
Every month, there will be at least one Crossover Costume up for grabs, which can only be obtained by playing Extra Battle mode with Fight Money. Here’s the flow of how to go about getting these exclusive costumes:

• Each Crossover Costume requires you to complete four challenges that take place over the span of a month – one challenge per week.
  • Each time you attempt one of these challenges, you must spend 2,500 Fight Money, In other words, if you successfully complete each of the weekly challenges in one go, you can get that Extra Battle Costume for 10,000 FM!
  • Once you complete all four challenges, the Crossover Costume for that month is yours!
  • These challenges are time exclusive, so make sure to log in each week to complete them, especially if you have your eyes on that month’s Crossover Costume.
Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-14-17_001.jpg

When we say these costumes are worth your time, we mean it. Take a look at some of your favorite fighters dressing up as characters from other favorite Capcom franchises!

Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-14-17_002.jpg

Rashid’s acrobatic move set makes him the perfect candidate to don the Viewtiful Joe costume. This will be the first Crossover Costume you can attempt to obtain!

Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-14-17_003.jpg

With the shared tragedy of having their parents killed by the hands of evil madmen, Chun-Li dresses up as the cheerful gymnast June from the Star Gladiator series.

Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-14-17_004.jpg

Blond hair, glasses, and mission-driven, Nash embodies the legendary Captain Commando in this Crossover Costume.

Look Out for Shadaloo Soldier Challenges

Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-14-17_005.jpg
Extra Battle will also offer a way to obtain Fight Money so you have enough to attempt each week’s challenges. Every few weeks, a Golden Shadaloo soldier will appear separately from the weekly Crossover Costume challenges, giving you several chances to earn a decent amount of Fight Money throughout 2018! Bust out your skills against these goons and replenish your Fight Money stash.
Change in Ways to Earn Fight Money
Beginning January 16, modes that offered one-time finite batches of Fight Money will no longer do so. This includes Character Stories, the General Story (A Shadow Falls), Trials, Survival, and Demonstrations – if you haven’t completed these modes yet, there’s still a few weeks left to do so before the changes occur in January!
If you’re a new player worried about getting enough Fight Money to get the Crossover Costumes, you still gain experience points from all modes except for the General Story. You receive Fight Money each time a character gains a level, and playing through each Character Story is a great way to quickly gain experience points for each character. Do this for all 28 characters and you’ll be the proud owner of at least 200,000 Fight Money. Combine this amount with Fight Money earned through online battles and recurring Targets and you’ll have plenty to use for Extra Battle Mode, additional characters and costumes!
For anyone worried about your current balance of Fight Money and League Points, they will remain intact and will not be affected by these changes.
Also beginning on January 16, when you purchase a new character with real money or via the Character Pass, you will receive that character’s Battle Costume and additional colors 3-10 for their Standard and Battle Costumes. If you earn Fight Money, you can also obtain characters’ Story Costumes.

Costume Preview
Starting with Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, 3D previews of costumes will be displayed every time you select a costume from the shop. You can also use this to take a look at the various color options for that costume.

Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-14-17_006.jpg

Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-14-17_007.jpg

In addition, there will be a costume sort feature for each character implemented into the store. You can now check and see what costumes are available for your favorite characters in one go.

Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-14-17_008.jpg

All of the updates included with Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will also be added to the base version of Street Fighter V, which is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC, via a free update. Read more about Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition here. If you missed it, read up on each character’s new V-Trigger IIs here. The Season 3 Character Pass was also announced earlier this week.

View the screenshots above in high resolution at the gallery.
i
visit gallery »

PlayStation 4, PC
[FONT=&quot]Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition details Team Versus Mode[/FONT]
Published 9 hours ago. 9 comments.
Up to five players can team up to battle it out.

Capcom has detailed the new “Team Versus Mode” being added to Street Fighter Valongside the release of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition.

Get the details below.
Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-20-17_001.jpg
Team Versus Mode allows local teams of up to five players to fight it out to see which side will come out victorious. To start it up, head to the main menu, select Versus, which will take you to another screen allowing you the option to choose Team Versus. Once you select it, you’ll be prompted with a list of different options to match your desired Team Battle, whether it’s against a team of players or CPU.
Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-20-17_002.jpg

• No. of Team Members – You can have a team of up to five members. Each team must have an equal number of players.
  • Match Format – Choose between Elimination and Best of Series
  • Elimination – The winner stays on as the teams fight to the last man standing.
  • Best of Series – Each team member will match up against their corresponding opponent until one team wins the majority of the matches. If the number of battles won by each team is even, the result will be a draw. Draws can only occur in teams of two or four.
  • Vitality Recover – Choose how much vitality the winner recovers after each round. You can opt for Partial (recover green health and some gray health), Partial Green (recover actual health), or Full Recovery.
  • Retain EX Gauge – Allows whether the winner will be allowed to carry over their EX Gauge into the next round.
  • V-Gauge Advantage – In Elimination, determine whether the losing team will be given V-Gauge in the next round. Two bars will be given for a difference of two fighters, and three for a difference of three or more.
  • Change Order – The losing team can change their character order before the next fight. Selecting random will randomize the order, including who goes first.
  • Throwaway Matches – In Best of Series, choose whether to play all the battles even if the winner has already been decided.
  • Round Setting – Adjust the number of rounds required to win a game.
  • Match Time Settings – Set the time limit for a round.
  • CPU Difficulty – If playing against the CPU, determine their difficulty.
Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-20-17_003.jpg

Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-20-17_004.jpg
Before each match begins, there will be a quick intro to show which character and V-Trigger was selected. Though you will choose all characters on the team beforehand, you’ll only choose the V-Trigger as each match begins, allowing you to change your strategy depending on which opponent you’ll face. During the match, the HUD will show how many players are left on each team, including the order they’re in.
Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-20-17_005.jpg

Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-20-17_006.jpg

Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-20-17_007.jpg
In between matches, the winner will recover Vitality, keep EX Gauge, or gain V-Gauge depending on which option was selected in the beginning. Under the Elimination format, the losing team will decide which of their players will go up next to fight the winner. In a CPU game, you’ll decide which character will fight you next.
Once the match ends, a battle summary will appear on screen detailing who won and lost each round, the win streak, and the win rate. Bragging rights are on the line! You can then choose to play the same battle over again, switch characters, or start from the very beginning.
Street-Fighter-V_2017_12-20-17_008.jpg
It may be called Team Versus Mode, but that doesn’t mean you need more than two players – or even one, if you’re against the CPU. If you want to play all five characters in the team, go right ahead! This is especially useful if you’re learning multiple characters and want a quick way to use them all without having to return to the Character Select screen.
All of the updates included with Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (Arcade Mode, new V-Triggers, Extra Battle Mode, Team Versus Mode, and more) will also be added to the base version of Street Fighter V, which is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC, via a free update. Read more about Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition here. The Season 3 Character Pass was also announced earlier this month.
View the screenshots above in high resolution at the gallery.
visit gallery »

It took 2 years but this game is finally up to par. It is so much fun. The interface is clean as hell. I really love the update.

Cant wait to pop it in and play.

I managed to rack up 610K in FM last week before the update but accidentally spent 70K on a stage. Overall Im enjoying it

When I read that the AE would add a second V-trigger, I got confused and thought it meant Critical Art. I hope they add a second one of those in a future update

Finally, this game feels like a complete, single player experience with Arcade Edition.

the additional characters aside, this is what the game should have been like on release day 2 years ago. for me as a single player, it just adds so much more value and incentive to play the game.

I did Cammy's SFII and Ibuki's SFIII arcades. Was a bit letdown by the ending artwork ( art style is ok, imo. prefer the character story artworks better ). but I did manage to unlock a special Ibuki artwork which I like. so, I guess that's extra incentive to play through arcade.

And Sakura is a lot of fun to use, too. and I liked her character story, too.

I actually like the Arcade artwork better than the Character Story artwork.

[YT]Zng5BiERIcw[/YT]

I hate that they got rid of the world background. : (

Well it’s definitely a full game now. That said I’m just not good with capcom fighting games I hate the way the input for controls are set up and wish they were more like Netherrealm’s MK or Injustice. Still gonna give myself some more time with it cause I love how you can play the character storylines for past games in arcade, might need to follow an online move tutorial though.

I have one complaint and its the FM. They say most thing can be earned in game but they really dont give enough FM for that to be the case. Sucks that with the AE update, they removed many ways in which it was earned before. Sucks also that you have to pay 1000FM to even play the new Extra Battle game mode. You cant really grind it either outside of winning online matches for a measly 50FM or leveling up characters. They should have compensated such that everything you do in the game earns you FM even if its not alot so that you feel like there is a sense of progress. The prices are high enough that I dont think it would break the store.

Im shocked Capcom hasnt embraced the microtransaction trend as they could sell FM (I know they dropped that Zenny money early on) or even boosts which speed up FM earned. Even loot boxes which give a chance to get costumes, colors, EXP or FM like Injustice 2 does would be better than having nothing

I wish they had at least let you get EXP and FM for completing a character's Arcade path for the first time.

PlayStation 4, PC
[FONT=&quot]Street Fighter V Monster Hunter: World crossover costumes announced[/FONT]
Published 3 hours ago. 6 comments.
Themed after Rathalos, Zinogre, and Kirin.

Street-Fighter-V-MH-World_01-25-18.jpg

Capcom has announced Monster Hunter: World crossover costumes themed after monsters Rathalos, Zinogre, and Kirin for Street Fighter V as part of the game’s Extra Battle Mode.

Every month, there will be at least one unique costume up for grabs, which can only be obtained by playing Extra Battle Mode with Fight Money. Here is how to get the three costumes:

• Each costume requires you to complete four challenges that take place over the span of a month – one challenge per week.
  • Each time you attempt one of these challenges, you must spend 2,500 Fight Money. In other words, if you successfully complete each of the weekly challenges in one go, you can get that Extra Battle Costume for 10,000 FM!
  • Once you complete all four challenges, the costume for that month is yours!
  • These challenges are time exclusive, so make sure to log in each week to complete them, especially if you have your eyes on that month’s unique costume.
Read up on the challenges’ contents and dates here. View screenshots of the Monster Hunter: World costumes at the gallery.
Street Fighter V is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC.

https://gematsu.com/gallery/street-...18/Street-Fighter-V_2018_01-25-18_003.jpg.phpvisit gallery »

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"