• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Street Fighter V

oh, and Cammy's Battle Outfit is :hmr:.
I hope they'll keep rolling out this kind of quality outfits... Premium outfits were spectacular so far. But there's also a number of cool story mode costumes.

Also, DLC characters will be packed with their alternative outfits. I wonder if they're story or premium.

There was a leak of alternative outfits in the last beta, but not all of them made into story mode in the release game. I didn't see alts for Rashid, Mika, Zangief and so on. They decided to make them premium?

Coming from someone who's played Street Fighter competitively since 3rd Strike, While interest in the competitive side is on the rise. Realistically, there are only about 250 people who are actually paying their rent doing this and that is being generous. Catering to that minority at release is a mistake. The sales figures are irrelevant because they're skewed. Outside of Steam, there is no way to get a refund for the game. I admire what Capcom is trying to do, but they're doing it wrong. I would have no problems with the game had the price point been right, but selling this at full price for what is essentially an early access release is ridiculous and people are free to criticize it accordingly. The whole "if you don't like it, don't buy it" argument is a total cop-out. Yes, the meat and potatoes of a fighting game are versus mode on and offline, but this game launched with LESS content than Vanilla SF4, that is not acceptable. Yes they are viewing Street Fighter as a service, but news flash: Almost every triple A publisher views their games as a "service" and a platform for DLC at this point. Look at COD or what EA ha done with their sports and shooting franchises, are those games better for it? No.

Last edited:
The story mode alts are coming in the March update, but you can only buy them with FM, you can't buy them with real cash.

You can see Zangief and Mika's story alt in one of the cutscenes for either Gief or Mika. Mika's is basically a full body one piece with one of the legs cut short and Zangief's is just a half shirt with a Z on it. Her's is pretty cool, his is pretty lame though.

Coming from someone who's played Street Fighter competitively since 3rd Strike, While interest in the competitive side is on the rise. Realistically, there are only about 250 people who are actually paying their rent doing this and that is being generous. Catering to that minority at release is a mistake. The sales figures are irrelevant because they're skewed. Outside of Steam, there is no way to get a refund for the game. I admire what Capcom is trying to do, but they're doing it wrong. I would have no problems with the game had the price point been right, but selling this at full price for what is essentially an early access release is ridiculous and people are free to criticize it accordingly. The whole "if you don't like it, don't buy it" argument is a total cop-out. Yes, the meat and potatoes of a fighting game are versus mode on and offline, but this game launched with LESS content than Vanilla SF4, that is not acceptable. Yes they are viewing Street Fighter as a service, but news flash: Almost every triple A publisher views their games as "service" and a platform for DLC at this point. Look at COD or what EA ha done with their sports and shooting franchises, are those games better for it? No.

I think maybe you quoted the wrong post there? I'm not sure, I didn't say anything about the competitive scene or anything to the like in that post.

My browsers for whatever reason have serious scripting issues with this forum, whenever I post recently, its always a mess.

And I don't see what's wrong with "don't like it, don't buy it." If you don't like the amount of content there...don't get it. Wait until later when more characters and features have been added and then get it. It's not a cop out, it's just common sense really.

Capcom doesn't owe people anything. It's not like they fooled everyone by promising one thing and delivering something entirely different.

For what it's worth, too, I don't think most companies use their games as a service like the examples given. COD and Madden are released yearly as standalone releases. Just because they have DLC and microtransitions doesn't make them services, in my opinion. Treating those games as services would be akin to EA releasing just Madden for a whole console generation and updating the rosters and stuff yearly. I mean, yeah, you can argue that's all they do now, but they release each year separately and treat each game as a new release.

What Capcom seems to want to do with SFV is more akin to a MMO or mobile approach. Updating something continuously without having a lot of re-releases. The principle behind it isn't really all that different than what they've always done, if you think about it. They have re-released and repackaged their games in the past with new content, just now they're doing it in a new way. Just like if one wasn't happy with the roster or content of vanilla SFIV, they could have waited for the next version to see if it suited them more. Same idea applies now.

Sounds perfect to me. They just need to improve online functionality, add maybe some communication, improve interface on CFN, like ability to watch replays from favorites menu, instead of adding them and then watch in a separate menu. Improve connection speed and so on... Plenty of stuff to do. SFV can grow into something truly special.

Not to mention, more characters, more outfits, more arenas.

Didn't Capcom tell people upfront what was going to be in the initial release? If people are sour about it, they didn't get the emo or do research. I could swear they went mode by ode what was going to be in it.

did Capcom ever say beforehand that the game would lack a traditional Arcade Mode and standard vs CPU mode?

if they did, I missed it. and it seemed like it caught a lot of reviewers and players off guard. I've been following this game somewhat regularly and I'd think I would have noticed a news item stating that the launch game would lack Arcade Mode and vs CPU.

and as for them advertising one thing and delivering something else, I think they did.

again, what I said last night, go and watch those character introduction trailers that they released in the last week or so. I'm assuming those are official from Capcom. And those clearly show a type of gameplay not currently present in the game. A Player 1 vs Cpu opponent over multiple rounds. IOW, standard vs CPU mode.

so, that was advertised and presented in those videos, yet that isn't what the actual game delivers.

so, in that respect, I'd have to say that was false advertisement.

Capcom didn't explicitly say that this and that mode wouldn't be there, but I know Ono was pretty upfront that the initial launch would be content-lite and several things would be missing and added later on. So, no, I don't think they were hiding it per say, but I guess people underestimated exactly how content-lite they were talking.

did Capcom ever say beforehand that the game would lack a traditional Arcade Mode and standard vs CPU mode?

if they did, I missed it. and it seemed like it caught a lot of reviewers and players off guard. I've been following this game somewhat regularly and I'd think I would have noticed a news item stating that the launch game would lack Arcade Mode and vs CPU.

and as for them advertising one thing and delivering something else, I think they did.

again, what I said last night, go and watch those character introduction trailers that they released in the last week or so. I'm assuming those are official from Capcom. And those clearly show a type of gameplay not currently present in the game. A Player 1 vs Cpu opponent over multiple rounds. IOW, standard vs CPU mode.

so, that was advertised and presented in those videos, yet that isn't what the actual game delivers.

so, in that respect, I'd have to say that was false advertisement.

Eh, if vs CPU is never added to an update, I guess maybe. I would probably put that more along the times of work in progress that was shown early. If it had been explicitly said that we were getting that then maybe, but there never was a point where that was said that I'm aware of.

^^ eh. I just think that Arcade Mode and especially vs CPU are just so basic, so standard for a fighting game that people really didn't expect those to be missing at launch.

Didn't Capcom tell people upfront what was going to be in the initial release? If people are sour about it, they didn't get the emo or do research. I could swear they went mode by ode what was going to be in it.

No they said what would be in the DLC but outside of character roster, they didn't detail the entire game

angry joe made a rant about this game. i'd post it but i'm not sure if someone else already did

I agree with Angry Joe on this one.

VOD is here' from lives tream let play from EPN.TV

mqdefault.jpg

[YT]7e_1f8D4JkY[/YT]
Let's Play some Street Fighter V!!!

by EPNdotTV

• 1 hour ago
Since 1995 EP has been covering the videogame industry and its surrounding culture. We've been interviewing game makers, movie makers, TV creators, actors, gadget makers, toy makers, comic book creato

Last edited:
I disagree with Angry Joe even though he wasn't really angry this time. This is a good response from some dude in the comments:

Here's the thing, Joe: I'm going to start of with saying that no vs. CPU in Versus is truly shocking, and I'm extremely surprised it's not in the game. THAT BEING SAID, everything else that's "missing" in the game is absolutely no act of deception. For those that were following Capcom and paying attention, Capcom was EXTREMELY transparent about what the state of the game will be at release. They pretty much said, "the game will only have these features on release, but don't worry, they will come shortly after release for FREE". Lot's of people knew this, and were thankful that they would at least be able to play the game earlier than later. DLC characters will also be FREE. This is a first EVER in a Street Fighter game. In previous games, you had to the super/ultra edition to get the new characters. That model is completely gone now. This is actually pretty amazing. So you saying that we must judge the game on release is a bit unfair given the circumstance that we KNEW it would be this way, and we also know it will be rectified. Now why would Capcom release an unfinished game? Why not just complete it and release it later? The reason is because Evo and the Capcom Pro Tour are just around the corner, and everyone is itching to see SFV in them. Capcom did a FAVOR to most of their fanbase. Now, the problem is that another part of the fanbase doesn't give a rats ass about this, and just wants the single player content. I get that, but that is just not who they are trying to ultimately cater to (albeit they still plan on catering to them, but they have priorities and the stars just weren't aligned in everyone's favor.) I would understand if you didn't know about all this because you're a variety gamer, and you're too busy paying attention to all kinds of games to have known and followed all this info. But I just want to lay it out that this was the gameplan, and Capcom was extremely vocal and giving to their fans.

Look, I got Fire Emblem(s, plural), Xenoblade X, classic Pokémon games, Pokken Tournament, Far Cry to look forward to, like I don't have anything to b*&^$ about. When more content is added, I'll get it.

I still want SFV, I just dont have a reason right now to want it right now. The players are so divided by this game's release.

That's way more healthy attitude. If you aren't satisfied with the content at the moment, nobody forces you to buy it NOW. Anyone can easily wait till, say, June.

Ok the VOD from the EPN.TV lets play is up and updated

I like story mode pics. Funny and dynamic:

3599CEC0F0031F8998B5495AA75C12FF1DBFF49A

I disagree with Angry Joe even though he wasn't really angry this time. This is a good response from some dude in the comments:

yes. Capcom told us all that more content will be coming later on for free.

but they didn't tell us that the launch game would be so sparse with single player content.

Did they tell us that the character story mode would be so short and easy with only 2-4 single round matches for each character with no difficulty slider?

Did they tell us that there would be no vs CPU mode?

Did they tell us that there would no Arcade Mode?

Even though Capcom communicated their plans for updating content, I don't think most people realized just how sparse the launch content would be.

If Capcom had properly communicated that, I don't think most people ( players and reviewers alike ) would have been so surprised.

I'm pretty sure some article on a gaming site would have come out and said "SF V will launch with no Arcade Mode or vs CPU mode." And said article would have been posted here and we would have discussed it. But I never saw any of that.

I only knew that 6 more DLC characters are planned for the 1st year. That a full fledged cinematic story mode would be coming in June. as well as a few more modes here and there. And all that is fine, especially since it will all be added free.

I had NO idea there would be no vs CPU mode ( even though marketing videos suggested otherwise ), no proper Arcade Mode, and that the character story modes would be so short and easy.

I didn't know any of that until the day before release when reviews starting coming out.

So, no, I don't agree that Capcom properly communicated just how sparse the launch content would be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"