Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

You with all the cancellations going on at WBD and the sale of The CW I’m grateful to have at least one more season of this series as well as the Flash and Superman and Lois even though I’m hoping for more with Stargirl and Superman and Lois but tempering my expectations while still hoping for the best. I feel like this season might the best yet and looking forward to it.

Also I’m optimistic about a season 4 happening because Mark Pedowitz is staying on as Chairman and CEO and has said that the network sale or no sale that their “staying in the superhero business”. So if ratings stay up I can see them renewing the series.

Jesus, this is back tonight? I thought it was still probably a good month away…

I love that in the reviews I’ve read that they are saying this is one of the best shows on television and not just best Superhero show on tv. Speaks to the quality of this series and what Geoff Johns, cast and crew have achieved.

Alright premiere, just felt like a looot of set up. I didn't care for much of anything with The Gambler and something about this episode just couldn't keep my attention.

I will say that Artemis is basically a ninja turtle confirmed and everything the Crocks do cracks me up :funny:

With this season's theme of enemies being part of the same "family", I'll be surprised if Gambler's daughter Becky, given up for adoption, isn't McNider's daughter Rebecca ... who didn't actually die years ago but got corrupted into a villain.

I thought this was a fun premiere and yeah mostly set up but that’s what first episodes of the season are supposed to do put the chess pieces in place. Loved the dynamic with Sylvester and the Whitmore/Dugan family and can’t wait to see him interact with the rest of the supposedly reformed villains.

The Crocks are great and I actually like the tiny bit of depth they gave the Gambler. Looking forward to the rest of the season and how this mystery goes.

Also like the Easter Egg with the news paper article about the Boy Scout troop that got lost in the woods. Which confirms that at least Earth Prime #4 is canon. That also dealt with a reformed villain and the Whitmore/Dugan family on their summer vacation.

If Cindy really wants to get in the mini-JSA's good graces- hard to do with how the premiere ended- she'd offer them the Injustice Society's headquarters as their place of business and then just tidy up the place.

Sure, S.T.R.I.P.E. can't fit, but it'd probably be an upgrade from a garage.

How well did they promote Stargirl's 3rd season prior to the premiere?

I sadly had no idea this was even returning this week, but I finally got a chance to watch the premiere today and while I enjoyed it, I do hope it picks up in terms of pacing.

The best parts of this episode were definitely the scenes with the Crocks, but seeing Sylvester interact with everyone was pretty entertaining too and added a nice amount of charm to the episode overall.

I'm not sold on the murder mystery plot yet, but I'm willing to give it a chance and see where it goes and hopefully, they make that aspect of this season more compelling on a weekly basis.

Its on Wed. Goddamnit, means I can't watch till Thur, adding to the crazy pile of Thur shows.

Great start to season 3. No complaints.
Opens with a fun montage. Nice seeing Nathaniel Dusk on the movie marquee.
I get a big kick out of The Gambler. The actor seems to having the time of life.
Gambler picks a piece of garbage off the ground and puts it the trash bin. Back in season 1 the Crocks scold Gambler for littering.
Lots of tension between Gambler and Shade.
Wonder what those green particles were in Shade's shadow fog? Something to do with Jade?

Lots of laughs whenever the Crocks are interacting with Pat or Barbara.
Artemis gets the action scenes. Well done.

DuskPI.jpg

Newspaper headlines mention someone saving Boy Scouts.
Page from the EARTH-PRIME: STARGIRL comic.

StargirlBoyScouts.jpg

Also while flying Sylvester Pemberton was giving me Jack Knight(Starman from comics) vibe.

Starman63.jpg

Wonder what those green particles were in Shade's shadow fog? Something to do with Jade?
Gotta be the brother, I think, given his heritage and how his power works.
Newspaper headlines mention someone saving Boy Scouts.
Page from the EARTH-PRIME: STARGIRL comic.

View attachment 58443
I think Radioactive Man’s nemesis the Scout Master — okay, a less stereotypical version — would fit with the goofy style of the ISA villains. Plus, the surf music would go well with an episode’s opening fade-in:

The first season was the best. This premier dragged and seems rather slow. The show seems to have gone downhill since season 2. Hopefully this one won't be on the horror side like last season.

I know it's early but this season just isn't doing it for me yet. The pacing is slow, the action is nonexistent and I think the extra characters aren't helping things. I love Shade but he seems to be leaving for a bit. Next episode looks like fun though, so hopefully it picks up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"