Stargirl The Stargirl News and Discussion Thread

(Re: 3x02)

Were the Crocks worried about their other daughter at the end of the episode? In Young Justice, Artemis is positively serene and bookish compared to Jade. On this show, Jade could be working for Mr. Bones' organization, aggressively dispensing justice and order against evildoers such as Gambler.

Kids, wishing to know the killer's name isn't as useful as wishing to know who the killer is.

Anyone with a speaking role is important. So, is Maria actually Becky/Rebecca, turned evil by Eclipso's magic? Her trembling was played for laughs, but maybe there's more to the story. She'd be worried that Shade could detect traces of the shadow power about her.

I can't shake the feeling that a key to this season's plot is in the lyrics of "Blue Suede Shoes". Let's see if episode 4 is a Wildcat story.

The killer has many names.
Sylvester Pemberton
The Star-Spangled Kid
Starman
I don’t know I just have a feeling and I’ve had my theories before the season premiered.

The pacing for this episode was definitely on the slower side, but unlike the first episode I actually enjoyed this one more mostly because of all the fun interactions, especially seeing Barbara and Paula together and Sylvester training Courtney for a bit felt pretty wholesome not to mention the scene in the diner with The Shade.

There was definitely more of a fun, energetic feel to this episode IMO, but I do want more actiony stuff to happen and thankfully it looks like next week's episode is going to give us plenty of that.

I wonder if the first half of this season will be dealing with Sylvester's return, while maybe at the halfway point they bring in Mister Bones.

I did like Sylvester teaching Courtney how to unlock her Ultra Instinct flight, though. That was fun to see.

I love this promo so much.

Looks dope and that’s how you get people hyped.

I love this promo so much.

Looks dope and that’s how you get people hyped.

In our world, if a big scruffy guy walked into a grocery store carrying a giant spear-axe thing, the police would arrive quickly. I think we’ve only seen the police once on this show, way off in the distance blocking off a road, and I’m pretty sure that was a real-world situation to stop traffic for the film crew.

In our world, if a big scruffy guy walked into a grocery store carrying a giant spear-axe thing, the police would arrive quickly. I think we’ve only seen the police once on this show, way off in the distance blocking off a road, and I’m pretty sure that was a real-world situation to stop traffic for the film crew.
Oh no doubt if this was real life the police would be there quick but this is fantasy so I can suspend disbelief lol.

That's one similarity. There's also a magic staff passed down through the generations:

I’ve said this before but I actually think this show is the closest but not quite like Buffy thing we’ve gotten on network television imo. Teenage female superhero and friends kicking ass in a small but far from ordinary town. Buffy was a lot more mature while Stargirl is more family friendly but I do see the similarities. I think that’s why I enjoy this show show so much as well as it being rooted in JSA DC mythology.

Sylvester stole the show for me this week. Whether him taking on the holding his own against the Crocks or telling Cindy what everyone else has probably wanted to say to her, he had some great standout moments.

Best episode of the season so far, things are finally picking up. I was getting the sense that it was Sylvester who killed The Gambler until the end of the episode, which I still don't understand?

Anyway, liked this episode a lot. Hope the rest of the season is full steam ahead

Now that’s what I’m talking about. That fight was spectacular.

Hands down the best episode of the season. It had everything I love about this show. The heart, fun, drama and humor were all on display this episode and the mystery is becoming more intriguing for me. Overall great episode.

In keeping with her villain motif, Paula smiles not as a sign of friendliness but as a threat display. I like how she’s the helpful mafia neighbour.

I hope Crusher dresses as Santa for breaking into the Whitmore-Dugan house during Christmas.

Definitely the best episode of the season so far and man I really do think Sylvester and The Crocs are really stealing the show as far as these first three episodes go but hey, I'm not complaining.

Joel McHale is getting a lot of shine this season and rightfully so because he's honestly pretty great in the role and I'm hoping he sticks around even longer, especially if we get future seasons.

That grocery store fight was dope asf, but I really do wish it was a bit longer.

Joel McHale plug STARGIRL on the ESPN2 Manning Cast of MNF.
McHale played football at the U of Washington .

Screen%20Shot%202020-11-01%20at%202.16.40%20PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"