Ahsoka Ahsoka: Episode 6 Spoiler Thread

The second canon Thrawn novel was a sort of Godfather Part II story about Thrawn and Vader on a mission together while cutting back to the Clone Wars when Thrawn met and teamed up with Anakin. By the end of the novel Thrawn deduces that the two men are one and the same.
I was thinking during the episode that I would have loved to have seen Thrawn interact with Vader and the Emperor, maybe the likes of Moff Tarkin too. Sounds like I have some catching up to do. :up:

Thrawn was kinda terrible to be honest.l don’t know Rebels but just the idea of him being some master manipulator.

He doesn’t know crap about what is going on. I mean basic stuff like how to get back and where Ezra is.

Baylan and Shin are actually interesting. Still wondering what the stuff about witches is.

Thrawn was kinda terrible to be honest.l don’t know Rebels but just the idea of him being some master manipulator.

He doesn’t know crap about what is going on. I mean basic stuff like how to get back and where Ezra is.

Baylan and Shin are actually interesting. Still wondering what the stuff about witches is.
Apologies if this comes across as condescending but.. have you not seen the first five episodes? He's been jettisoned to another galaxy by freaking whales onto a completely unknown planet for the past decade. Of course he doesn't know how to get back and where Ezra ran off to.
hellinheavns.gif

Thrawn has been going nuts with his art obsession, painting everything and everyone in sight.

I like the little green guy with his "Away put your weapon, I mean you no harm" reaction.

The wolf-creatures are vornskrs, right? And Thrawn's cargo is ysalamiri? This is where a Jedi trainee who learned all the fighting skills despite not having an ounce of Force talent will be of tremendous value to the light side.

Enoch, or Enokh? The limb proportions are too human, but with that voice, I can't shake the suspicion that Enoch is a Noghri. Maybe even Rukh, reanimated by Night Sister magic.

Apologies if this comes across as condescending but.. have you not seen the first five episodes? He's been jettisoned to another galaxy by freaking whales onto a completely unknown planet for the past decade. Of course he doesn't know how to get back and where Ezra ran off to.
hellinheavns.gif
It’s not condescending.

You made my point. He’s in an unknown galaxy with an entire battleship and can’t find the one dude he came here with who also has no idea where he is. It’s been like how many years? What has Thrawn been doing exactly? Playing golf?

He is on the planet with the witches you are teamed up with and neither of y’all can find him? But the witches can sense a Jedi in Sabine and Ahsoka still in space?

They visually short-handed the struggle with the damaged and dirty Stormtroopers but it felt like we needed an episode dedicated to Ezra and Thrawn in the new galaxy avoiding capture.

The wolf-creatures are vornskrs, right? And Thrawn's cargo is ysalamiri? This is where a Jedi trainee who learned all the fighting skills despite not having an ounce of Force talent will be of tremendous value to the light side.

Enoch, or Enokh? The limb proportions are too human, but with that voice, I can't shake the suspicion that Enoch is a Noghri. Maybe even Rukh, reanimated by Night Sister magic.

Howlers, actually.

Keep in mind, they are called Night Troopers. Make your assumptions from there.

It’s not condescending.

You made my point. He’s in an unknown galaxy with an entire battleship and can’t find the one dude he came here with who also has no idea where he is. It’s been like how many years? What has Thrawn been doing exactly? Playing golf?

He is on the planet with the witches you are teamed up with and neither of y’all can find him? But the witches can sense a Jedi in Sabine and Ahsoka still in space?

They visually short-handed the struggle with the damaged and dirty Stormtroopers but it felt like we needed an episode dedicated to Ezra and Thrawn in the new galaxy avoiding capture.

I mean, it pretty much said that it required 3 Mothers to send dreams to Morgan Elspeth. And the previous episode had Baylan and Shin being quite wary about her source that Thrawn is alive.

OMG. One of the Mothers was Claudia Black. Muther****ing Aeryn Sun is a Nightsister.

(Doubly funny when I just ran into Jedi Master Creighton Sun in the High Republic phase 2)

That makes sense. Her character gave birth to what was essentially the Space Antichrist in Stargate. Becoming a Nightsister seems like a natural career path.

Welcome back Thrawn and Ezra. Hello Peridea. Hope we get to spend a lot more time in this galaxy, visiting different planets in future projects. Loved the vibe of this place. Feel like something we maybe could've seen in the animated shows, but very different from anything in live-action so far. This really is the kinda stuff Star Wars needs more of.

I thought Thrawn's entrance was very well executed, but otherwise Filoni and the directors have been struggling a bit with hitting the emotional beats throughout the season. They spent six episodes building up to Ezra's return, only for his and Sabine's reunion to be incredibly muted. Their slow embrace was almost awkward. I've really been enjoying Bordizzo as Sabine, but she doesn't play the character with the same sort of spunk or fieriness as her animated counterpart. Finding Ezra was clearly very important to her throughout the entirety of this show, but you wouldn't be able to tell that by how she acted out that scene. This further aggravates my frustration with the crawling pace of the show. They spent so much time building towards this moment, and the payoff wasn't there. The season has just felt like one future set-up after another, and narratively speaking I feel very unsatisfied.

As far as positives go: I'm so happy to see my boy Mikkelsen (shoddy makeup aside), Baylan and Shin continue to be highlights, it was great seeing the Night Sisters in live-action, and he good boi:

1695210245070.png

I will say, I find it bizarre that they made this big deal about another galaxy, and then it's just like any other planet in Star Wars.

At least with Jedi: Survivor, there is some "former great civilization" to it all.
Funny you mention Survivor because those Hobbit Ninja Turtle Hermit Crab hybrid folks that Ezra's been hanging with reminded me a little bit of sweet baby Turgle.

d4b17f6f24b9ea911c24eb8500d6b284

Maybe I'm missing something, but I am not having the same vibes as what appears to be the majority of members in this thread. I thought the episode was ok, but I'm not going ballistic because of makeup or an actor's appearance.

Thrawn's entrance (or the star destroyer's) was really cool. He is cold and calculating. Intimidating for damn sure.

Forgive me as I have not watched an episode of Rebels or Clone Wars. Maybe that's the reason people are up in arms.

Welcome back Thrawn and Ezra. Hello Peridea. Hope we get to spend a lot more time in this galaxy, visiting different planets in future projects. Loved the vibe of this place. Feel like something we maybe could've seen in the animated shows, but very different from anything in live-action so far. This really is the kinda stuff Star Wars needs more of.
The show can really get started now we’ve found those 2! What, only 2 episodes left you say? :dry:

I do like the locations here and hopefully we see more new interesting locations and more exotic characters like the Nightsisters in the last couple of episodes. Hopefully see the Night Troopers involved in some heavy action too. I don’t know if 2 episodes is going to be enough to show Thrawn’s deviousness in its full glory and it might be tough showing the best of Ezra too. I would have preferred to get another couple of episodes here rather than holding too much stuff back for season 2.

The show can really get started now we’ve found those 2! What, only 2 episodes left you say? :dry:
Nah, in it for the long haul. I'm surprised we got these 2 before the series' final shot at all. We've known it's building to other stuff since they announced this project. They were very upfront about it. There's plenty of cool stuff in the show already. I'm just happy we get two more weeks. :beaming:

I do like the locations here and hopefully we see more new interesting locations and more exotic characters like the Nightsisters in the last couple of episodes. Hopefully see the Night Troopers involved in some heavy action too.
Yeah, I think the Nightsisters, Troopers, and new locations were awesome!

Forgive me as I have not watched an episode of Rebels or Clone Wars. Maybe that's the reason people are up in arms.
Almost every fan I've talked to who watched those shows absolutely loves this one too. :wink:
Like, purely going by ratings the episode average score on IMDB is higher than Andor, Obi-Wan, Book of Boba Fett, and Mando S3.

Though, that might still got up or down with the final two episodes, of course.

Last edited:
Nah, in it for the long haul. I'm surprised we got these 2 before the series' final shot at all. We've known it's building to other stuff since they announced this project. They were very upfront about it. There's plenty of cool stuff in the show already. I'm just happy we get two more weeks. :beaming:

Yeah, I think the Nightsisters, Troopers, and new locations were awesome!

Almost every fan I've talked to who watched those shows absolutely loves this one too. :wink:
Like, purely going by ratings the episode average score on IMDB is higher than Andor, Obi-Wan, Book of Boba Fett, and Mando S3.

Though, that might still got up or down with the final two episodes, of course.
Oh right. I wasn't up with the news so I didn't know. I also don't like holding too much back as it becomes dependant on the first season being successful. Like if they held back great things for Boba season 2 we might have missed out on them altogether. Hopefully the next 2 episodes are solidly rammed with content so that it feels like a grand conclusion and worth all that searching for the first 6.

I had no idea they were coming so even better for me. :D

Good to know. We can see the true genius of Thrawn next season then. I'd also like to see the buddy cop adventures of Ezra and Sabine, but not sure that would fit in a show called Ahsoka. Maybe they could have just made a Rebels show instead?

Oh right. I wasn't up with the news so I didn't know. I also don't like holding too much back as it becomes dependant on the first season being successful. Like if they held back great things for Boba season 2 we might have missed out on them altogether. Hopefully the next 2 episodes are solidly rammed with content so that it feels like a grand conclusion and worth all that searching for the first 6.

I had no idea they were coming so even better for me. :D

Good to know. We can see the true genius of Thrawn next season then. I'd also like to see the buddy cop adventures of Ezra and Sabine, but not sure that would fit in a show called Ahsoka. Maybe they could have just made a Rebels show instead?
They didn't announce Ahsoka Season 2 as much as the Dave Filoni movie (or now rumored to be two movies) and possible future New Republic stuff. Dawson has been talking about Season 2 a lot though, and there are several projects where Thrawn can show up going forward.

The main quote from a few years ago was about these shows colliding in a big event, which everyone back in the day was already yelling would be Thrawn. That is why I'm surprised he's getting decent screen time in this show at all tbh. I thought they might hold him back for the movie entirely.

Loving what we got with him here so far!

They didn't announce Ahsoka Season 2 as much as the Dave Filoni movie (or now rumored to be two movies) and possible future New Republic stuff. Dawson has been talking about Season 2 a lot though, and there are several projects where Thrawn can show up going forward.

The main quote from a few years ago was about these shows colliding in a big event, which everyone back in the day was already yelling would be Thrawn. That is why I'm surprised he's getting decent screen time in this show at all tbh. I thought they might hold him back for the movie entirely.

Loving what we got with him here so far!
Oh gotya, thanks for the info.

Hopefully Thrawn is around to stay for a good while pulling the strings on multiple fronts (maybe referenced in multiple shows). He can be the next big bad I take seriously after the Emperor/Vader combo (actually I guess Dooku too). All I ask is he gets a better tailor for his trousers going forward. :D

I thought the episode was great, and all my socials and every review I've seen said this was the best Star Wars anything in years. Similar reactions to last episode too

This thread is definitely not representative of the majority opinion of the show

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"