I thought the first movie was just so-so, and doesn't deserve to be the top-grossing film of all time (and if it wasn't for re-releases it wouldn't be)
But to say the movie isn't beautiful is a bit much. There are some scenes involving the humans interacting with CG elements that don't look perfect, but anything that's fully CGI looks amazing for the most part

Accountable? What does that even mean in this context? It's a movie reaction.
Say something hyperbolic and be called out for an outrageous opinion. It's not difficult to understand.

Here's the typical mob at it again.

naA8c3Y.png

Say something hyperbolic and be called out for an outrageous opinion. It's not difficult to understand.
Called out by whom? People who haven’t seen the movie? Also, how do you know it’s outrageous? You were at the screening?

Dude, any professional film critic whose worked for any notable amount of time has already and is continually getting a deluge of “call outs” from people who can’t handle someone not agreeing with their opinion.

Called out by whom? People who haven’t seen the movie? Also, how do you know it’s outrageous? You were at the screening?
What does “being held accountable” even look like here? The only thing I can picture is people trolling and talking **** to critics, and that’s definitely not a good idea.

What does “being held accountable” even look like here? The only thing I can picture is people trolling and talking **** to critics, and that’s definitely not a good idea.

To me being held accountable would be like if they did something wrong. But all I see here is a bunch of glowing positive reactions to an early screening of the movie.

So maybe you see it and don't like Avatar 2, but how is it outrageous? Why is it wrong and outrageous to feel differently about a movie?

Dude, any professional film critic whose worked for any notable amount of time has already and is continually getting a deluge of “call outs” from people who can’t handle someone not agreeing with their opinion.
Just curious, how would you view this critic going forward if you go on to absolutely hate this movie?
I already said he may very well be correct.
Why is it outrageous?
In the end it may not be, but does it effect the credibility of the critic at all if Avatar 2 is considered one of the worst sequels ever? No, a critic can just essentially say whatever on a whim and maintain their status. What's the standard here? Ok, maybe it's just me, but I just prefer measured reactions.

Just curious, how would you view this critic going forward if you go on to absolutely hate this movie?
I would read the review, try and engage with it fairly, and maybe see if I'm able to understand where they're coming from, even if I don't agree.

You know, like a grown-up.

In the end it may not be, but does it effect the credibility of the critic at all if Avatar 2 is considered one of the worst sequels ever? No, a critic can just essentially say whatever on a whim and maintain their status. What's the standard here? Ok, maybe it's just me, but I just prefer measured reactions.
It's movies. The standard is personal taste. That's it. You can't create a measurable, objective standard with which to measure them. Literally impossible.

And you still haven't defined exactly what you mean by "accountable." What does that mean? Getting **** talked on twitter and just taking it? Their boss writing them up? Getting fired?

There where so many times a critic praised a film and after i watched it i was like, really this isnt that good.

Also there are times i like the film much more then the critic.

What are you even talking about right now? Where is this coming from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"