Quite a few raves in there who preferred it a lot to the first film.

Weekend after next, not long at all. If this lives up to what people are saying it might be the first film I watch twice since Covid, especially if there's nothing else I need to see in Jan.

So, 3 billy incoming? Well that confirms Avatar 6 and Avatar 7 then. :o

Super pumped for this and got my tickets for next Thursday. I'm going in pretty blind for this other than having seen the main trailers. Don't know much about the story for this.

From the early reactions, it sound like Cameron may have done it again.

If you watch the first film , you see everything is green screen real obvious, it gets you out of the film. That will happen with these new films also after a few years, it doesnt stand the test of time. I know alot like Avatar, but its a fact and not only the Avatar films will/have this issue, alot of heavy cgi films do.

There are also alot of critics saying its mostly a rehash storywise.

If you watch the first film , you see everything is green screen real obvious, it gets you out of the film. That will happen with these new films also after a few years, it doesnt stand the test of time. I know alot like Avatar, but its a fact and not only the Avatar films will/have this issue, alot of heavy cgi films do.
What are you trying to prove? "it's a fact." Come on dude. Just let people enjoy the movie. You seem especially fixated on proving that the effects aren't actually that good, in the face of an overwhelmingly positive response to the technical accomplishments from people who have actually seen it.

What is it about this movie in particular that so deeply sticks in people's craw? It's totally fine not to like it, but this need people have to "um actually" the ones that genuinely like it is so perplexing to me. You don't see me wasting my time or any of the fan's time in a Michael Bay thread trying to prove to them that, actually, they're mistaken and if I just repeat myself enough maybe they'll come around.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"