I was joking but heaven forbid I poke fun at the ego of based Cameron.

giphy.gif

I watched Avatar last night for the first time since watching it in theaters back in 2009. I think I enjoyed it a lot more this time around and part of that is because I watched it in the comfort of my own home and could pause the movie whenever I wanted to. I think I will probably hold off watching the sequel until it hits Disney+.

I mean, the idea of someone being brought back from the dead isn't unthinkable in Avatar, given that we *know* the whole planet is basically a giant bio-computer that uploads the memories of people. What is more baffling is how Quaritch's memories would end up there, and if they did, how and why anyone who would have access to them would also have the desire to bring Quaritch back. I mean, Quaritch's last major act before dying was "Attempting to inflict serious damage, minimum, against Eywa's infrastructure", you'd think Eywa and anyone Eywa-affiliated would have zero interest in resleeving the dude.

I watched Avatar last night for the first time since watching it in theaters back in 2009. I think I enjoyed it a lot more this time around and part of that is because I watched it in the comfort of my own home and could pause the movie whenever I wanted to. I think I will probably hold off watching the sequel until it hits Disney+.

I've only seen the original once in my life but I remember it being kind of a slog to sit through. Which is really strange considering I'm a huge Cameron fan. The man has directed some of my all-time favourite movies...

I'll probably watch the original again in the new year and catch the sequel on Disney+ also.

I mean, the idea of someone being brought back from the dead isn't unthinkable in Avatar, given that we *know* the whole planet is basically a giant bio-computer that uploads the memories of people. What is more baffling is how Quaritch's memories would end up there, and if they did, how and why anyone who would have access to them would also have the desire to bring Quaritch back. I mean, Quaritch's last major act before dying was "Attempting to inflict serious damage, minimum, against Eywa's infrastructure", you'd think Eywa and anyone Eywa-affiliated would have zero interest in resleeving the dude.
He's definitely not an Eywa resurrection. It's bioengineering by the RDA. It's not a huge leap to go from "we can grow a human/Na'vi in vitro and then project your consciousness into it" to "we can grow a human/Na'vi in vitro and then record your current self onto it." It's an internally consistent idea.

I imagine the movie is deliberately going to draw a contrast between someone brought back from the dead by tech (Quaritch) and one brought back by Eywa (Grace).

spanish tv spot with Quaritch footage

That reminds me, I almost forgot Leona Lewis did the last one.

I think the thing that has me most excited is seeing the water tribe of the Na'vi. Makes me wonder how much of Pandora has been unexplored.

Also, could there be other neighboring planets in the system with sentient life?

Also, could there be other neighboring planets in the system with sentient life?

I think I might've mentioned it once before but since Avatar and the first two Alien movies are set in the same century, I'd be down to see a crossover directed by Cameron. At this point I'd rather see a Cameron-directed Alien movie too, rather than one by Ridley Scott, especially since Scott's been screwing up the franchise lately.

I think the thing that has me most excited is seeing the water tribe of the Na'vi. Makes me wonder how much of Pandora has been unexplored.

Yes, I’m also very excited for that. Love the water focus of this sequel in general and Cameron is perfect to bring this to us with his passion for it and technical excellence in this area. Hopefully there is plenty more of Pandora to uncover and I think the later sequels (4th and 5th) might start looking into life beyond Pandora too.

I suppose no one watched Top Gun or any other recent blockbuster twice, or even more, either? :rolleyes:

yeah. Not all movies are single use maxipads like Marvel flicks. Killa Cam is absolutely right.

I'll be seeing this either way, but really interested on seeing the reactions.

Yeah interested what kind of reviews it gets. Will the story be more original this time and not only rely on the visuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"