1AstG2v.jpg

Xm27hzs.jpg

Still looks fake. Yeah the blue creatures wont work and never will. Even the robots in T2 look 10 times more real.

How does that not look real? It's almost night and day with the 2009 film.

Theres something about the blue color that makes it look fake. Its like the smurfs in a real enviroment it will always look strange, it doesnt work.

Last edited:
He's definitely not an Eywa resurrection. It's bioengineering by the RDA. It's not a huge leap to go from "we can grow a human/Na'vi in vitro and then project your consciousness into it" to "we can grow a human/Na'vi in vitro and then record your current self onto it." It's an internally consistent idea.

I imagine the movie is deliberately going to draw a contrast between someone brought back from the dead by tech (Quaritch) and one brought back by Eywa (Grace).

Sure, but "Oh, we kept brain tapes of various people including Quaritch" is a pretty big retcon, especially since Quaritch never exactly piloted an avatar body or otherwise interacted with the machinery onscreen.

Sure, but "Oh, we kept brain tapes of various people including Quaritch" is a pretty big retcon, especially since Quaritch never exactly piloted an avatar body or otherwise interacted with the machinery onscreen.
I don't see why it's so big an ask given the amount of handwavium you have to mine to go with the general concept of an avatar at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"