I finally watched this and I'm glad I skipped it in theaters last year. It didn't need to be 3 hours long. A 3 hour cut should be like for the super fans. It took me 2 days to finish because I had a hard time paying attention. Bland characters. Uninteresting villain. I don't like the family angle they gave to Zoe/Sam. There is just something so generic/vanilla about this. It feels like if an AI created a sci fi film, it would come out like this without any flavor, if there's a flavor its water. And the guy from Scream VI, cannot act.

Definitely getting the Best Buy steelbook.

6544419_sd.jpg;maxHeight=2000;maxWidth=2000

Shame we still aren't hearing anything about the first movie releasing in 4k. Surely it's gotta happen at some point?

Looking forward to seeing it again.

I can now view this the way Cameron intended in 5 minute bursts over multiple days on my phone while out and about. :funny: ( :o )

The funny thing is, the game looks good. But since I have the movies fresh in my memory, they look bad comparatively. I know it’s unfair comparing a game to an offline CG movie. But still.

Not only that but if any of you have a Dolby Vision tv, seeing it on Disney+ is almost exactly like watching it in the theater (minus the 3D). It's unreal levels of detail.

I'm sure the game will look when it comes out but yeah, it's unfair.

I just wish this game had come out a few years ago even if it was on last gen to hold people over until the second movie came out. I'm completely down to play it but after seeing The Way of Water I'm more interested in mowing down some evil corporate whalers. Maybe in the next game. :o

Really looking forward to the game myself. More time on Pandora sounds good to me.

Did anybody else pre order the way of water 4k through Amazon? If so, why does the shipping date say July 6th - July 11th? It's supposed to be released on June 20th.

Really looking forward to the game myself. More time on Pandora sounds good to me.
Same here. The main attraction of the films for me is the beauty of the world created more so than the plot or other elements. If they can realise that world well and allow me to explore it I’ll be interested.

Any word on if there will be an extended cut like Cameron did with the first film?

Any word on if there will be an extended cut like Cameron did with the first film?
Even though these films are long I imagine Cameron shoots a ton more. I'm not sure how well the extended cut of the first film did but if it did do well then there should be every chance.

Wasn't there that rumour/report that the early cut of the second film was nine hours or something?

Even though these films are long I imagine Cameron shoots a ton more. I'm not sure how well the extended cut of the first film did but if it did do well then there should be every chance.
I liked it better than the theatrical cut, he put at least 20 minutes back in. Alas, this version was only available on a 3 disc set I bought,you can't get it to stream as far as I know. I was hoping for a streaming version of an extended cut of Way of Water, just don't know if there will be one. I've loved every extended cut of Cameron's films that I've been made aware of :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"