It’s only successful because of the 3D lol
The first one was massively boosted by 3D, a possible great new tech for films going forward at the time (still would have made a fortune even without it though IMO). 3D is pretty much irrelevant now though and I didn’t think this film was enhanced by it anywhere near as much as the first (actually took off my 3D glasses midway through as I didn’t like the darkening effect with them).

Finally re-watched this it’s taken a while as it’s not often I get a spare 3 hours or more these days even with no kids! This is just a stunning looking movie and while it is overlong, Cameron’s movies stand up SO well to re-watches. They have his while career and his last 2 movies are no different. Can’t wait to see how all the remaining new plot threads in this movie tie into the 3rd.

Just watched the first movie again in 4K also. My first viewing for a while. It still looks damn good and holds up SO well in all aspects. I can’t wait for more on the 3rd movie but I really hope Jake and Neytiri are in these movies until the end.

Glad I waited. The collector editions look amazing. Aliens, The Abyss and True Lies finally on 4K!

Great that he's releasing almost all of his films at once in 4K, but what about the original Terminator movie? :hmm:
Or Piranha II. :o

Great that he's releasing almost all of his films at once in 4K, but what about the original Terminator movie? :hmm:
Or Piranha II. :o

I think the problem is all those other movies now come under Disney, where as Terminator 1 ( my favourite in the franchise BTW) unfortunately doesn't.

December 5th
“Titanic” 25th Anniversary Collector’s Edition (disc and digital)

December 12th
“Aliens” Collector’s Edition 4K (digital)
“The Abyss” Collector’s Edition 4K (digital)
“True Lies” Collector’s Edition 4K (digital)
“Avatar” 4K Collector’s Edition (digital)
“Avatar: The Way of Water” 4K Collector’s Edition (digital)

December 19th
“Avatar” 4K Collector’s Edition (disc)
“Avatar: The Way of Water” Collector’s Edition (disc)

March 12th 2024
“Aliens” 4K Collector’s Edition (disc)
“The Abyss” 4K Collector’s Edition (disc)
“True Lies” 4K Collector’s Edition (disc)

Last edited:
I wish I had known about the collector's edition of The Way of Water before buying the standard 4K when it came out. I would have double dipped if it was an actual extended cut instead of an added bonus feature of deleted scenes.

I wish I had known about the collector's edition of The Way of Water before buying the standard 4K when it came out. I would have double dipped if it was an actual extended cut instead of an added bonus feature of deleted scenes.

Same. I was going to wait but when we had no news of another edition down the line I plumped for it.

Same. I was going to wait but when we had no news of another edition down the line I plumped for it.
I actually hadn't even considered it since physical media is long past its heyday of collector's editions loaded with bonus features, especially Disney releases.

I actually hadn't even considered it since physical media is long past its heyday of collector's editions loaded with bonus features, especially Disney releases.

This is true. With how much money the movie made though I kinda suspected a special edition was coming. Just didn't have confirmation at the time.

Last edited:
I just hope all the extras from the directors edition of the abyss is on the 4K one that movie and T2 had the BEST extensive behind the scenes stuff of the film's productions I have EVER seen.

ljG56nJ.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"