And now for the next 10 years i will have to read how we can not compare the boxoffice between avatar and marvel in US and EU because it got a china boost :twisted:.
Plus we will not be able to compare it to Endgame from 2019 because reasons. This will be fun :D

Last edited:
And now for the next 10 years i will have to read how we can not compare the boxoffice between avatar and marvel in US and EU because it got a china boost :twisted:.
Plus we will not be able to compare it to Endgame from 2019 because reasons. This will be fun :D

Just take out the China grosses when comparing to MCU.

Also, when comparing box office to the first movie, you will have to take out the Russia grosses

Makes sense. If there was any recent theatrical release that Disney would probably want to get a theatrical release in China by any means, it'd be Avatar.

The Mouse wants to make that money.

Is that really impressive for a domestic opening for the highest grossing movie of all time? Unless this thing has legs, this is going to be relying heavily on international success.

Is that really impressive for a domestic opening for the highest grossing movie of all time? Unless this thing has legs, this is going to be relying heavily on international success.
Legs is where Cameron's movie are remarkable. Neither the first AVATAR or TITANIC were frontloaded. They just kept making money, for weeks and weeks.

Legs is where Cameron's movie are remarkable. Neither the first AVATAR or TITANIC were frontloaded. They just kept making money, for weeks and weeks.
And same will probably go for this time. January 2023's dead aside from smaller releases like Megan, Plane and that remake of House Party.

Even though it's not expected to have the biggest opening, right now it's tracking for an overall run of 475-720 million for the US alone, which is much more than any blockbusters was predicted to go home with this year.

Relying on international numbers isn't anything new either. The first Avatar film made 750 million in the US and two more billions in the rest of the world. Cameron's films don't tend to explode first week and go out with a whimper like most blockbusters do. They're not sprints, they're marathons.

I don't know how much it will make or even if it will end up making profit, but I know that for now the numbers are aligning with another Cameron success.

I just can't get excited for this one. I thought the first one just ok. I only watched it once on tv and that was enough for me. 3D just doesn't work for me, partially due to the my slight red-green colorblindness, which more or less ruined Spiderverse for me.

disappointed that Kate Winslet and Cliff Curtis talk to the daughter in the english language. thats what i liked in first movie that navi always talked in their native language. Only with Jake and Grace in english.

disappointed that Kate Winslet and Cliff Curtis talk to the daughter in the english language. thats what i liked in first movie that navi always talked in their native language. Only with Jake and Grace in english.

I'm sure they'll explain ever since Grace went to Eywa, that the Navi are able to speak English over the 10+ years.

James Cameron:

"It was a year and a half to generate three scripts and then six months for me to realize that the first sequel script needed to be two movies.
Then 18 months for me to go back and redraft and personally write all four of the shooting scripts, including the split of the first sequel.

The new film is much, much more nuanced in terms of performance, much more complex emotionally, i think, than the first film by a country mile, maybe an order of magnitude.

Not to diminish the first film but... that was more about the awe and wonder.
This second film is more about the characters."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"