• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jurassic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, I saw it in imax, and man...I always get the best experiences in imax. People laughed, gasped, cheered...it was just great.

The darker picture? I lifted my glasses up for a few seconds during the kitchen scene and it still looked darker.

Glasses aside, I never noticed a darker picture. Everything seemed just as I remembered.

anyone notice if they touched up any of the CGI?

I don't think they did personally

Also i noticed some things that weren't clearly answered in the film

1) what was actually making the triceratops sick if it wasn't the west Indian lilac? And was the bracheosourus with a cold having the same illness?

2) it wasn't really unanswered as much as it was something untouched. I didn't realize the dinos were all given enzymes regularly to stay alive. Shutting those off kills them all?

Would that mean all those on the park's island inevitably died of this? And did the aforementioned illness have anything to do with it? Or could the illness be tied into the "female turning male" ?

Last edited:

1) what was actually making the triceratops sick if it wasn't the west Indian lilac? And was the bracheosourus with a cold having the same illness?

2) it wasn't really unanswered as much as it was something untouched. I didn't realize the dinos were all given enzymes regularly to stay alive. Shutting those off kills them all?

Would that mean all those on the park's island inevitably died of this? And did the aforementioned illness have anything to do with it? Or could the illness be tied into the "female turning male" ?

1) No, don't think it was ever answered, but funny, I didn't make a connection between the Brach and the Trike.

2) Technically, it would. However, in the second film they say those on Site B have been thriving off of foods that help produce the enzyme, and then the predators were eating the herbivores and, essentially life found a way. It really can't be said if this happened to the first island or not. The park itself never really gets brought up again, I just sort of imagine that eventually breeding on the islands removed the defect on its own. I mean JP3 expects us to assume the raptors eventually started gaining feathers at some point.

The thought of a Spinosaurus, or, any carnivorous dinosaur killing a Tyrannosaurus one on one is just laughable. It was the most evolved killing machine. That fight shoulda been over when the rex had the spinosaurus' neck in it's mouth. It would have crushed it's neck.

But apparently the fragile boned Spinosaurus can over power the jaws of a pissed off tyrannosaurus. It was a juvenile, but still, it is big enough to crush basically any animal it gets in it's mouth.

yeah, the T Rex's vision was NOT based on movement. Infact, it's ironic, because Tyrannosaurus Rex was the only carnivorous dinosaur (i believe) that had binocular vision. It's eyes faced forward, opposed to on the side of it's head. So it wouldn't have to walk side to side to look at something. It could perceive depth.

and the raptors weren't that thick. Those weren't velociraptors. Velociraptors are the size of turkeys. The raptors in the movie were based off the Dromaeosaur, Deinonychus.
Looks like someone wants to be or is a Paleontologist. :o

But seriously though deadly, I strangely found the velociraptor adorable. I don't know why. :atp:

Because so many of today's actors look like them?

1) No, don't think it was ever answered, but funny, I didn't make a connection between the Brach and the Trike.

2) Technically, it would. However, in the second film they say those on Site B have been thriving off of foods that help produce the enzyme, and then the predators were eating the herbivores and, essentially life found a way. It really can't be said if this happened to the first island or not. The park itself never really gets brought up again, I just sort of imagine that eventually breeding on the islands removed the defect on its own. I mean JP3 expects us to assume the raptors eventually started gaining feathers at some point.

well, there's always the fact that breeding could cause the enzyme problem to go away too.. the genetic originals can't produce them, but maybe their offspring can?

I don't recall them NOT answering the sick trike in the film, but in the book, the Dino swallows gizzard stones to help in digestion. In doing so, the Dino happened to swallow West Indian lilac seeds, getting her sick. The brachiosaurus was sick because the dinosaurs' immune systems weren't evolved enough to handle the germs of modern day. The book goes into more detail about how modern day germs affected the dinosaurs.

Yes, without the dinosaurs being given the lyzene enzyme, they would "slip into a coma and die" as Arnold says. Though the island is destroyed by the Cuban government in the book, so the dinosaurs didn't die from the lyzene.

On Site B, the dinosaurs survived because the herbovores get the lyzene from their naturally occurring food source (as opposed to a controlled environment/diet on the original island. The carnivores then get it from their prey.

Last edited:
In the second movie, don't they mention that the park was destroyed by a hurricane

I don't recall them NOT answering the sick trike in the film, but in the book, the Dino swallows gizzard stones to help in digestion. In doing so, the Dino happened to swallow West Indian lilac seeds, getting her sick. The brachiosaurus was sick because the dinosaurs' immune systems weren't evolved enough to handle the germs of modern day. The book goes into more detail about how modern day germs affected the dinosaurs.

Yes, without the dinosaurs being given the lyzene enzyme, they would "slip into a coma and die" as Arnold says. Though the island is destroyed by the Cuban government in the book, so the dinosaurs didn't die from the lyzene.

On Site B, the dinosaurs survived because the herbovores get the lyzene from their naturally occurring food source (as opposed to a controlled environment/diet on the original island. The carnivores then get it from their prey.

unfortunately the book differs greatly from the movies, so the book isn't really answering much considering Ellie states in the film it wasn't the lillac, after looking in the poo, she couldn't find any trace of it.

There was a deleted scene of Harding and Ellie figuring out the true reason behind the sickness of the Trike. I don't remember what the reason was, if it was filmed or just scripted, but various JP fansites have talked about it and answered it. It was supposed to lead into them hopping into the jeep and heading back when the storm was getting really bad IIRC.

There was a deleted scene of Harding and Ellie figuring out the true reason behind the sickness of the Trike. I don't remember what the reason was, if it was filmed or just scripted, but various JP fansites have talked about it and answered it. It was supposed to lead into them hopping into the jeep and heading back when the storm was getting really bad IIRC.

I was just thinking, that the sickness... along with the enzymes could make an interesting plot point in JP4

also... another thing i never noticed was that as a kid, i always thought it was the storm that knocked out the power to the fences... until i saw it last night actually...

the toy command center even said "tropical storm, moving in" and the new Park Builder always has a challenge when the storm comes in where the animals break free. When in the film, it was really was just all "Newman"

it was neat to pick up on stuff i never noticed.

unfortunately the book differs greatly from the movies, so the book isn't really answering much considering Ellie states in the film it wasn't the lillac, after looking in the poo, she couldn't find any trace of it.
It's the same situation in the book (though it's a stegosaur, not a triceratops). They don't find any lilac in the dung because the dinosaur isn't actually digesting the plant - it's only swallowing the seeds with the gizzard stones. It then regurgitates the gizzard stones and seeds, and continues on it's migration around its paddock until it returns a few weeks later and starts the cycle over again (remember the vet says it only gets sick every few weeks).

The movie might not out and out state the answer (it's been a while since I've seen it, so I can't remember), but the details/clues of the book are there in the film.

I'm hopefully catching the film on Sunday. What are everyone's thoughts on the 3D? Is the conversion any good? Is it worth seeing in Lie-MAX?

It's the same situation in the book (though it's a stegosaur, not a triceratops). They don't find any lilac in the dung because the dinosaur isn't actually digesting the plant - it's only swallowing the seeds with the gizzard stones. It then regurgitates the gizzard stones and seeds, and continues on it's migration around its paddock until it returns a few weeks later and starts the cycle over again (remember the vet says it only gets sick every few weeks).

The movie might not out and out state the answer (it's been a while since I've seen it, so I can't remember), but the details/clues of the book are there in the film.

I'm hopefully catching the film on Sunday. What are everyone's thoughts on the 3D? Is the conversion any good? Is it worth seeing in Lie-MAX?

its your basic 2D to 3D conversion. dated films will never look as good in 3D as newer

i'd see it in IMAX it's much more worth while there

The 3D isn't that great, but the IMAX presentation is worth it for the sound alone. In fact, I'm tempted to see it again while it's still in theaters.

It's quite annoying that the deleted scenes haven't been released, for any films sans JP2, and that wasn't even all of them. However, it doesn't fix the T-Rex paddock situation.:oldrazz:

Back from seeing the film, and I have to say, the 3D is impressive. I try to avoid 3d films, especially the post converted ones, but, JP was one of the best viewing experiences I had with the format.

It's quite annoying that the deleted scenes haven't been released, for any films sans JP2, and that wasn't even all of them. However, it doesn't fix the T-Rex paddock situation.:oldrazz:
Ugh, that really does feel like one of the largest movie plotholes of all time. All they needed was to find a way to show him push the car to the opposing side (which I don't think had electric fencing) or something. It really does make no sense. Wonder what anyone was thinking when it came to editing and such.

Looking back on the viewing, I cannot help but shake the feeling that they trimmed Muldoon's death scene.

In the second movie, don't they mention that the park was destroyed by a hurricane
There's a deleted scene that mentions deconstructing Isla Nublar facilities, killing escaped dinosaurs and paying out families of the deceased.

Spielberg famously knew it was a plot hole and then said that audiences wouldn't care.

I wish he had kept in the scene of Roland Tembo kicking a** at the bar.

I wish he had kept in the scene of Roland Tembo kicking a** at the bar.
They showed that on TV once with the released eleted scenes edited back into the film. It was really cool.

And Speilberg didn't care about the Rex plothole? I want to say its lazy, but it really is true, it has never affected my viewing, it just bothers me a lot when I get to thinking about it.

For me, one of the more irritating plotholes (and continuity/prop errors) is the cause of the crash of the Venture in San Diego. I read somewhere it was a deleted scene. Note, it would be a sequence based on a deleted plotline from the novel of Jurassic Park - the raptors on the S.S. Anne, heading to mainland-but, no clarification is given, giving the the implication that the rex got inside the bridge of the ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"