9.12 - Legends - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

OMG!!! Pam Grier as Amanda Walker pure genius casting smallville Tptb .

I would have loved for CCH pounder to have gotten the role too. She would have been great plus her work with the character in jl cartoon and all that. But i read besides doing that warehouse 13 show for syfy which is on hiatus right now i believe, she is also working on a fox tv series. So CCH probably wasnt able to be free since legends has probably started production now.
It is a sweet move that they have been scoring some very solid actors this season and along in past seasons too. So Pam Grier does have some good creds to her name. I am curious to see how she will do with the role. Also i think i saw photos of early amanda waller looks in comics and she wasnt a totally heavy set woman then. So its not that bad pam isnt heavy set.
I cant wait to see what her part will be in legends. Then what is going to be her backstory and role in the course of the second half of the season. I could see a big government role coming into play with second half of the season.

This is absolutely great casting for Smallville. I suspect this will bring in more viewers that may not have watched the show before. Its great they are bringing in more serious actors this season. Callum Blue has been excellent as Zod. Julian Sands was great as JorEl, and anytime you can bring back Phil Morris is great.

Last edited:
looks like society and legends have been confirmed for episodes 11 and 12 now according to ksite.

So looking at Pam Grier:
pamgrieratshcharbonne16.jpg
amandawaller.png

Compared to that comic image pam does look pretty simular to that look of amanda waller, compared to the more heavyset version the character has been seen in animated form.

So looking at Pam Grier:
pamgrieratshcharbonne16.jpg
amandawaller.png

Compared to that comic image pam does look pretty simular to that look of amanda waller, compared to the more heavyset version the character has been seen in animated form.
She's lost weight. She started out heavyset in the comics.
dccomics.jpg

I like the ideal of Pam playing her but I always thought CCH Pounder {That's her name. :huh:} Would make a good Amanda.
3157l.jpg

In fact she plays her in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.

Last edited:
yeah i always liked her, but you know what Smallville's like.... everyones thin

yea she was also the voice of the character in jl cartoon series too. It would be been sweet if she was picked. But either she wasnt looked into for the role. Or since she is currently filming the fox series brothers. She might have not been free to be in smallville.

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/the-big-bang-theory/the-big-tease-scoop-on-ncis-greys-csi-ny-and-more/

Nice interview with ‘Smallville’s’ Justin Hartley! But man, no Chlollie? I was hoping for that. – LJ
To be fair, Justin didn’t completely rule out an Ollie-Chloe romance; he simply said nothing was on the books yet. In full, he told me he finds it “much more interesting for Oliver to have a relationship with a female that’s platonic. That doesn’t happen to him. Or, I’d like to see him stumble on [new romance] and not know how to handle that.” As for what if anything the writers decide to do with “Chlollie,” he said, “It will be good. I have total faith in them.”

The ‘Smallville’ executive producers have confirmed that Martian Manhunter (Phil Morris) is returning this season. When, and for how many episodes? – Graham
Those who are J’onzzing for the big guy’s return will want to make extra sure that they catch the Justice Society-centric two-parter airing in January. “The other MM” (as I call him) will resurface in “Society,” but really make his presence known in the “Legend” half.

so what do the mean he other MM. Phil Morris or the green guy

Ah that would be amazing, with all these special effects this season I wouldnt be surprised either

Probably MM will have his powers back and we may see his martian form. I'm really happy with Pam Grier's casting, she's a very good actress. Hope they can bring General Lane back (Michael Ironside), it would be excellent too.

yea if we are to see MM's martian form that would be great. Been wanting it since we saw him first in static in season 6. Sucks alot that MM intro was in such a crappy episode.

Hmm, if they're making it into a "movie", I imagine they'll need to do some reworking of the script to make it a more cohesive story. Lois can't just show up halfway any more through like she could if her part had a whole night to itself.

And I wonder which episode name they'd stick with?

Last edited:
They're probably gonna stick with both titles, but promote it as a Smallville big event/special.

This news is AWESOME BY THE WAY!!:wow:

Who knew the CW would make such smart move!

I wonder what Ausiello's news is????
Oh, and if you thought this scoop was super, just wait. There’s another (even bigger) Smallville-related treat coming your way later today.

OH MY GOD THIS WILL BE THE BIGGEST THING EVAR! :awesome:

SV is too awesome this year, too much! >_<

You can merge both threads now.

Can you feel the hype? For the CW to do this, my goodness. >_<

I wonder if this might be some kind of test to see if a Smallville theatrical or DTV movie would work?

Oh and regarding Ausiello's news. People are thinking it could be season 10 has been greenlit or that Michael Rosenbaum may return.

Omg this is too much, Smallville is short of perfect this season add Lex an Flight an this would be the perfect season!

Awesome news!

I wonder what Ausiello's news is????

Have they started filming the episodes? If so, maybe a trailer? Another DC character coming to Smallville perhaps? He did say later today, so we'll find out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"