9.12 - Legends - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Could the other announcement be that he will be able to fly... or break through the mental thingie thats stopping him from flying?

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

This... is awesome. Jeebus, all of a sudden it feels like they're actually CARING about the show and its quality and success. CANNOT wait for the next big scoop he teased!

CW got to promote this!

So does this TV movie count as 2 episodes toward the season count or just 1??? probably 2

even though I am half asleep right now, I'm still excited about this news. I wonder what the bigger twist is as reported by ausiello?

Probably something regarding Season 10...

I got this from SHH homepage....

Scooper 'CW Insider' also tells us that The CW gave the two-parter a huge budget upgrade.

nice...

Great! I mean, I'd kind of assumed they would up the budget... but it's great to hear nonetheless. And a huge budget upgrade? I wonder how much "huge" is. Again, I say, it's great to see them really investing in the show. For some time it felt like maybe the CW was doing JUST enough to keep the show going... now it's really feeling like the show it always should have been.

Yay! A Smallville TV movie event. :)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they'll be watching to see how this event's success might be indicative of future Smallville TV movies...

part of me thinks that they're doing all this because they're happy with the way the season is going and the other part thinks it may be the last hoorah before they cancel the series. I do hope that big news Ausiello will report is season 10 being picked up.

Yeah, part of me, too, wonders if this isn't them finally going all-out in anticipation of an imminent series end.

Or they could just finally be valuing the show and investing more in it. Who can say.

part of me thinks that they're doing all this because they're happy with the way the season is going and the other part thinks it may be the last hoorah before they cancel the series. I do hope that big news Ausiello will report is season 10 being picked up.

I was thinking along those lines as well. I for one have thoroughly enjoyed this season, but would love for them to really go out with a bang.

Big 2hour movie event about old heroes coming out of retirement to teach Clark and the new guys a lesson would be a great way to kick off the last set of episodes to get Clark out in public against the rising threat of Zod's RAO endeavor and off into the suit flying IMHO.

10 seasons may look better on a bookshelf or have nicer ring, but I just want it wrapped up right.

I don't see how a confirmation on S10 is bigger than this, we're all expecting a Season 10, just like we did with Season 6/7/8/9, it's the same thing every year.

Ausiello did put "flight" in the title, maybe that was a hint.

Nice. While I'd prefer just plain old 2 hour episode airing 2 hour episodes back to back, I'll take what I can get.

It could be just that, Hulk. Not sure if it was the old WB or some other channel but they've advertised Crusade & Gone as a 2 hour movie event once as well.

Whoops I need a shower, I've just had a geekasm...

:D

This is AWESOME news :up:

I can't wait to see this. :up: :woot::supes:

It could be just that, Hulk. Not sure if it was the old WB or some other channel but they've advertised Crusade & Gone as a 2 hour movie event once as well.

No, we already know they're counting it as 2 episodes not 1 which means there are only 20 others this season whereas if they do one 2 hour episode, you'd still have 21 others in the season.

This is very cool news I think the other anouncement maybe that we we get another Hero this season.

The people at comic-con were half-right. We are getting a TV movie!

Though it might be a stand alone, not much dealing with other storylines going on at the time!

I'm excited that were getting a TV movie with JSA . Johns did an outstanding job with "Legion" I can't wait to see what he does with The Justice Society of America . Especially with Michael Shanks as Hawkman .

thank the maker the yahoos in charge of CW are actually doing a smart thing with smallville. I really hope this will be a big ratings boost for the show. Also great to see the jsa episodes airing together in a TV movie format. Now i totally cant wait to see first photos/clips for the episodes. Man i hope we get some sweet promos and promotions for the episodes.

As for it airing together it will probably just be the two standard episodes airing back to back "TV MOVIE EVENT" format. But then future airings and the dvd set to air apart and all that. Also great news that they were giving more money for the two episodes. As for filming we know over a week and half ago society was filming, so i would think they are half way/near ending of filming for legends.

If they were already nearly done filming the 2 episodes, perhaps the budget boost was the CW ponying up whatever cash was needed to shoot a few extra scenes to really tie the episodes together as a solid narrative piece. Logistically it probably still counts as 2 episodes, but when they show it, it will flow as one piece, with one opening credits sequence and one closing credits sequence.

I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with CG. And I don't think they were done filming the second episode.

i think it was more they were given more money on costume/props and the sfx shots needed for fate/stargirl/hawkman(his wings/flying) and possible X villains we have yet to hear about.

YEa for the airing on the 29th, it will probably run as one long 2 hr deal. Then when we get to dvd and reairing it is spilt and we have opening/closing credits and all that. I doubt they are finished yet. Production on soceity started up on oct 28th. And we know from reports over the years it usually takes them 7 to 8 days to shoot an episode. Then more time to work on sfx/music/etc.... post production stuff. So society probably wrapped around nov 4th. Then they might have taken a few days off to get prepred to shoot the legends episode. Or they went straight into filming legends if society ended on the 4th. Say nov 5-12th for legends. Or if they took 2-3 days off after society finished filming. Maybe Legends started production around 8th and shooting would then go to around the 15th.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"